Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accident helps woman walk again after spending 14 years in a wheelchair.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

What exactly is the difference between being paralysed from the hip down and from the waist down?

About three fiddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

This kind of reminds me about the fellow who is injured in a car crash and can't walk afterwards. He has back injuries of some kind, but indeterminate, and the doctors can't figure out exactly what the problem is, and he remains in a wheelchair.:(

In the fullness of time, his case is dealt with in the High Court and he is awarded a massive sum of money.:)

An insurance investigator and his team have been watching him for ages, convinced he is faking it, but they can never catch him out.:D

As he is wheeled out of the High Court after his legal victory, the investigator loses his cool, strides up to him and says: "You think you're clever, don't you! But we won't give up on you. Sooner or later you'll step up out of that wheelchair, and I'll be there watching you when you do!!!!"

Replies the fellow in the wheelchair: "Oh, so you'll be going to Lourdes as well.";);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Saw this story on Skysports yesterday and was amazed at how unlucky this girl was through the 3 accidents she had.

Then she is amazingly lucky that the last accident triggered her recovery.

I have big admiration for her that she never gave up on living her life to the fullest despite her situation.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Looking at the recumbent bike it's not that surprising she kept getting hit. There's no flag or flashing lights or anything

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

This is like in those movies where you have the get hit on the head an even number of times to avoid getting amnesia

• Advertisement
Advertisement