Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's rough Irish land worth, as a buyer?

Options
  • 07-12-2011 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Like the title says, what would you pay for rough ground?

For me, I'd be a buyer of rough ground (non-mountainside) at €1500/hectare (including whatever stamp duty is in force at the time) in Roscommon.

I think it would be worth my while at that price, but no higher.

Just wondering (and I deliberately didn't ask on the F&F forum because with all respect I don't really want to hear from landowners) what would you pay for land and where?

I know that mountain land sold at open auction last year for €512/hectare, but I'm talking about somewhere accessible by vehicle.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

allium wrote: »
    Like the title says, what would you pay for rough ground?

For me, I'd be a buyer of rough ground (non-mountainside) at €1500/hectare (including whatever stamp duty is in force at the time) in Roscommon.

I think it would be worth my while at that price, but no higher.

Just wondering (and I deliberately didn't ask on the F&F forum because with all respect I don't really want to hear from landowners) what would you pay for land and where?

I know that mountain land sold at open auction last year for €512/hectare, but I'm talking about somewhere accessible by vehicle.

It has been debated so many times on boards.ie how much land is worth.
    The best answer to give you is that it depends on who and how many people want that piece of land. If more than 1 person wants it, then the value of the land will be what the maximim bidder is willing to pay for it.

I know rough ground that was sold earlier this year for €1800 per acre (not hectare) in North Roscommon. It was pretty rough upland, very wet, most inaccessible to a tractor. There was 4 acres in it and the bidding was done by 2 local smallholders and 1 farmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

I would be interested in a few hectares of land at the prices mentioned above. I would have been expecting to pay more than the prices mentioned above for land with access. Where is the best place to hear about available land in this category? Does it get onto Daft and co? Or am I going to my local auctioneer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

I suppose location is most important as you obviously want land close by. However in the present climate if you talk to the local auctioneer or indeed to landowners who are not using the land you may buy it reasonable. :p

Advertisement