Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicken for Christmas anyone?

Options
  • 07-12-2011 3:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭

I find Turkey so tasteless and boring to eat. I wish I didn't as it has even more protein than chicken.
    It's not even Christmas day that's the problem, at least its warm then. It's the next 10 days when its cold and the slices become less and less lean.
    This year I'm pushing for Chicken.
    Why can't this become the new norm. I'm sure most people prefer chicken, you don't see any Kentucky Fried Turkey food joints anyway!
    Turkey or Chicken?
    I'll add a poll.

Terrys thread got me thinking about Chicken :P

On Christmas day I'd prefer.... 85 votes

Chicken
    0%
    Turkey
    18%
    danniemcqcichlid childInnervisioncgordonfreemanTPDNodsterLiamIRL8210green bottlesMillypennyJul3sTeddyTedsonFlakerCiderswiggersplendid101AdamDConTheCat 16 votes
    Other
    81%
    D-GenerateVictortuxyDavey DevilOtaconiguanaflanzerTheIrishGrovertolosenc[Deleted User]Duggy747Paparazzoaidan24326damo86PosypawrickSeachmallNiall09heebusjeebushere.from.day.1 69 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I find Turkey so tasteless and boring to eat. I wish I didn't as it has even more protein than chicken.
    It's not even Christmas day that's the problem, at least its warm then. It's the next 10 days when its cold and the slices become less and less lean.
    Why can't this become the new norm. I'm sure most people prefer chicken, you don't see any Kentucky Fried Turkey food joints anyway!
    Turkey or Chicken?
    I'll add a poll.

You know you can do something to fix the problem of it being cold, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I'll be having steak

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

Other
    get back to mexico!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

We had goose 2 years ago and i have to say it's much nicer than turkey, only thing is the goose needs to be a bigger weight than a turkey to feed the same amount of people, savage though! The ham takes care of the sandwiches for the following days. Finally turkey sandwiches with cranberry sauce turn that miserable bird into a delight.

Edit: I actually think Atari Jaguar would be funny in this poll, quite the exotic dish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭AstridBean

Other
    I love turkey. I like its taste, and cooked correctly it won't be dry.

Prefer it to goose, which is a tad greasy.

Glazed, clove-studded Christmas ham trumps both though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Turkey
    You know you can do something to fix the problem of it being cold, right?
    But I won't do that :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I will come to your house for chicken.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,309 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Other
    I'm sure most people prefer chicken, you don't see any Kentucky Fried Turkey food joints anyway!
    Pffff. You don't have a country named Chicken though, do you?

Turkey
    mackg wrote: »
    We had goose 2 years ago and i have to say it's much nicer than turkey, only thing is the goose needs to be a bigger weight than a turkey to feed the same amount of people, savage though! The ham takes care of the sandwiches for the following days. Finally turkey sandwiches with cranberry sauce turn that miserable bird into a delight.

Edit: I actually think Atari Jaguar would be funny in this poll, quite the exotic dish!
    feck, I dont think I can change it now:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

my mother feeds the birds with the leftover turkey, is this wrong?

• Advertisement

Turkey
    Victor wrote: »
    Pffff. You don't have a country named Chicken though, do you?
    france?

Turkey
    Kanoe wrote: »
    my mother feeds the birds with the leftover turkey, is this wrong?
    No, this is how we're going to get the global population back down to a reasonable level. 3 Billion would be a good number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Turkey or Chicken?
    I'll add a poll.

Turkey is nice if it's cooked properly, you can have chicken any day you want.
    I will be having turkey and duck. Turkey is binned after boxing day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

they eat so much they can't fly and are stuck there for a day digesting it while trying to avoid the neighbours cat

Turkey
    hondasam wrote: »
    Turkey is nice if it's cooked properly, you can have chicken any day you want.
    I will be having turkey and duck. Turkey is binned after boxing day.
    You can have Turkey every day too. But on Christmas I'd love eating a whole chicken bird, just like we do with the Turkey. Maybe even shove chips up its behind

You can have Turkey every day too. But on Christmas I'd love eating a whole chicken bird, just like we do with the Turkey. Maybe even shove chips up its behind

No you cannot have turkey everyday, you have to feed them for them to grow big enough to be killed, plucked cooked and eaten.

You can stuff your chicken with what ever you want, it's behind is quite big.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

Turkey
    No you cannot have turkey everyday, you have to feed them for them to grow big enough to be killed, plucked cooked and eaten.

You can stuff your chicken with what ever you want, it's behind is quite big.
    Would you fit a small Turkey up there, or maybe a duck? That might actually be a good idea.

You can have Turkey sandwiches from a Deli any day of the week.
    I'd prefer anything that the crappy boring Christmas dinner.
    The ham, jesus the ham:rolleyes:
    It's supposed to be a special day when the mother ship brought the first peoples here after being exiled and we're eating the same crap ever since.
    Why aren't we splashing out and having fillet Steak or something? You know the huge fillet Steaks you can get in a posh restaurant with lots of veg. YUM YUM!!!!

Would you fit a small Turkey up there, or maybe a duck? That might actually be a good idea.

You can have Turkey sandwiches from a Deli any day of the week.
    I'd prefer anything that the crappy boring Christmas dinner.
    The ham, jesus the ham:rolleyes:
    It's supposed to be a special day when the mother ship brought the first peoples here after being exiled and we're eating the same crap ever since.
    Why aren't we splashing out and having fillet Steak or something? You know the huge fillet Steaks you can get in a posh restaurant with lots of veg. YUM YUM!!!!

This is where you are going wrong Fcuking turkey in a deli ffs.
    Steak is bad for you. I suggest you try salmon with a nice pasta and salad.

Turkey
    This is where you are going wrong Fcuking a turkey in a deli ffs.
    Steak is bad for you. I suggest you try salmon with a nice pasta and salad.
    Steak is not bad for you!

I've added an "a" to your post for a cheap thrill

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

If one bird is lasting 10 days then I doubt it's a turkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

Im on the fence about Turkey i dont dislike it but im not really gone on it either.Chicken however on Christmas day is just wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Turkey
    Fcukin Quorn :eek:

Turkey
    I'm really surprised so many people are happy with Turkey on Christmas day.
    Christmas day we should be eating like it's our last meal on death row. There's no way those folks would be eating Turkey and sprouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Feckin hate turkey.. My good mam will no doubt have the usual breast of duck ready for me in its stead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Steak is bad for you.

WHAT IS THIS HERESY???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Other
    This year for Christmas dinner i'm going to be cutting turkey strips about an inch and a half thick and wrapping them in thin hickory smoked bacon, roast them and serve them on a slice of honey glazed ham with some nice moist stuffing underneath.

****ing. Nyom.

WHAT IS THIS HERESY???

Do you like steak?

This year for Christmas dinner i'm going to be cutting turkey strips about an inch and a half thick and wrapping them in thin hickory smoked bacon, roast them and serve them on a slice of honey glazed ham with some nice moist stuffing underneath.

****ing. Nyom.

That sounds delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Other
    Do you like steak?

Steak isn't really bad for you, it's mostly dependent on how much you eat and how the cow itself was fed.

Proper grass fed cow yields a nice steak with a much healthier balance of fats and plenty of flavour.
    That sounds delicious.

It really is quite tasty. I've had to experiment a lot for the stuffing as this is my first gluten free christmas and most gluten free bread tastes like ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

Other
    its the way you cook it il be having mine like this

1 16 pound (about 7.5 kg) turkey
    Marinade:
    4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
    2 tablespoons soy sauce
    2 tablespoons oyster sauce
    4 tablespoons honey
    2 teaspoons salt
    6 - 8 garlic cloves, crushed