Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you be filling up your car ahead of midnight price increase?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

The answer to the nation's woes is to introduce a substantial moron tax. Not only would we clear our debts, but we'd probably see a budget surplus.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Doesn't driving on a full tank increase consumption anyway?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

My local station drops its price by 3c after 9pm. Went up there and nobody there. Basically saved myself 5c on a 60 litre tank, so €3. Filled up my other two cars, so about €1.50. Filled up the OH so about €2. Saved €6.50 :D

I also went and bought 5000 smokes to sell on Henry street the weekend. In for a penny and all that!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭amacca

stovelid wrote: »
    The answer to the nation's woes is to introduce a substantial moron tax. Not only would we clear our debts, but we'd probably see a budget surplus.

+1

and we wouldn't be incentivizing those on the borderline to become morons either

the number of morons would decline over the years

pros: general populace more intelligent.....less tear my hair out in frustration moments at the sheer moronical nature of some of the morons encountered on a daily basis

cons: things become more competitive....an ever diminishing supply of morons available to take advantage of when you're feeling evil....less jobs created in the "caring" professions (there there moron what did you think would happen....let me charge you for fixing your problem you moron), less business for insurance assessors, less work for those who put morons in their place

hmmmmmm...............................sooner or later we will need to replenish the supply of morons for society to function properly....

oh I filled my tank full of nearly €100 of lovely diesel...mmmm..brimmed it so I did.....reckon I spent the 1 or 2 odd euro I saved going to the station....it felt strangely worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I'd fill my car with petrol, but it'd leak out when I open the window

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

My tank is just about empty, but i'll just fill up tomorrow on my way to work, i wouldn't be bothered heading out on such a bad night to save a quid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

My car was on empty yesterday so I filled it. Rather my 1.50 in my pocket than in someone elses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Had 10,000 litres delivered yesterday :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭amacca

Had 10,000 litres delivered yesterday :cool:

so whats your address then? :D

Advertisement