Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

campusCon at WIT

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Just around the corner now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Turns out im working that saturday, any plans for stickin it on dvd or anything?

We're looking into recording the event, let me get back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭infodox

dlofnep I will send the confirmation email tonight, just working on how to get there (think I have a lift)

Maybe its a good idea for all the speakers to provide their talks slides as .pdf or something as well? So everyone who misses out can download 'em. I will be providing a tarball of code (if the metasploit module ever works...) and putting the presentation up on slideshare + google docs just in case I rm -rf myself (today I deleted /usr/share/* by accident)

Looking forward to this!! Will be good to meet some likeminded individuals...

infodox, if you can get to waterford early enough, i'll collect you from the station and bring you to the event :)

• Advertisement

10 days until the event, really looking forward to it now :)

Event poster - print, share around universities if you can :)

campuscon-poster-small.png

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭edmund_f

Posters up around WIT now

Good man :) Did they print out ok?

One of the videos finally came out OK!

MITM w/ ARP-Toxin and using Driftnet to sniff images.

Blog Post: http://blog.infodox.co.cc/2012/01/mitm-w-arp-toxin-and-driftnet-video.html

• Advertisement

that looks really cool, looking forward to seeing the whole thing

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

whats the best way to get to the con using public transport from Plunkett station? Is there a direct(ish) bus?

Very slowly uploading it all to Google Docs 'cos my netbook and the fileformat are having disagreements.

See the (so far uploaded) chunk here :)

https://docs.google.com/present/edit?id=0ARcveSCckgmkZGR6Yno1ZzlfMGhxc203OWZo

BTW, any advice, tips, etc are welcomed. I a still trying to get the FAKE-AP, Karma 2.0 and IPPON demo's ready just have to finish the preparations :D

Any idea how long it ill go on for?
    I could finish work at 5am, get some kip, go to that, get some kip and back to work for 9pm???

Doors open at 9am, event finishes probably around 6pm - You obviously don't have to stay all day :)

dlofnep wrote: »
    Doors open at 9am, event finishes probably around 6pm - You obviously don't have to stay all day :)

How could i drag myself away from all this intrigue? :D

Hi everyone - CampusCon has been moved to the main WIT campus on Browne's Road, which will be easier for everyone to get to. You can get any bus in town directly to the Campus.

I got myself transport to the venue, one hell of a drive so I am going for a nap once I am done with the video encoding from the last minute test of the code I just finished a beta of.

I had to borrow some demo's from other people 'cos either A: my dhcp server was acting the maggot (stopping me from making my fake-ap and karma videos) or B: I had no test network when I HAD stuff running. But I am crediting the sources of the footage I used, and have sent the messages about it.

I however might be able to remake my own versions between now and sleep as I have 2 laptops and a LAN on which to test...

SO excited for tomorrow :D I will be releasing the beta of my MITM utility there, and showcasing some other people's work that I found amazing, as well as showing some creepy ideas...

// TEASER OF SOFTWARE //

CampusCon was great. Thanks to everyone who came. Shattered tired now, sleep time!

• Advertisement

2:37? fecker getting to bed early :P

If anyone has photos of the talks, I'd appreciate it.

Capture the Flag event

405786_10150517490842428_509082427_9330951_507205966_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭schrodinger

Had a savage time! Thanks to the organisers and speakers.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Really enjoyable day, looking forward to more of the same. Some great talks.

Glad you enjoyed yourselves :)

Website updated: http://campuscon.hackingwit.com

In lieu of it's success, we are going to be having discussions nationwide between 2600 members to try and organise a convention in Dublin by the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭schrodinger

In lieu of it's success, we are going to be having discussions nationwide between 2600 members to try and organise a convention in Dublin by the end of the year.

:) We have to get chatting man.

I would love to keep up the momentum and start planning very soon.

Maybe at the first 2600 Waterford meet! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Call it EirCon!

Link to the .pdf of my talk, finally exported it as .pdf :P

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/46859993/wifun_campuscon.pdf

• Advertisement
Advertisement