Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things other people find funny, but you don't

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Boscoirl wrote: »
    Memes

I could list more, but they would take away from how unfunny i think these are, they are ruining the YLYL thread for me

Couldnt agree more. There is some funny ones , but now there isnt really any real memes. Just some retarded picture of someones face with a coloured background and a gay ass caption that only facebook twats find funny. They arent even memes, people dont know what memes are anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Tommy Tiernan
    Des Bishop
    Lee Evans
    John Bishop
    Ed Byrne
    Dermot Whelan
    Adam Sandler
    Ben Stiller
    Friends
    Scrubs
    How I met Your Mother
    Will Ferell

The list could go on, but thats off the top of my head

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Dancing babies

Ads with animals doing tricks, or whatever.

It's just weird, and wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Eire.

Tommy Tiernan, Adam Sandler, two and a half men, the big bang, actually most US sitcoms are really rubbish. Cant stand that Chelsea Lately! Or Ellen De Generes the stupid dance she does on every show and the way the crowd cheers for her like she is some kind of God is really scary, so many comedians and comedies these days are seriously insulting our intelligence!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Cats, babies, most of Snoopy1's list, 2.5 men, Mike & Molly, 4geeks1bitch, comedies with De Niro, everything else I can't remember. Or can, but can't be bothered typing it.

• Advertisement

Also, am I the only person in the world who thought American Pie was the biggest heap of **** ever! And totally unfunny!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Anchorman

most overrated piece of crap that i have ever seen!! Absolute muck!!

How people find that film funny is beyond me.
    Its just bad noise.

mackeire wrote: »
    Anchorman

most overrated piece of crap that i have ever seen!! Absolute muck!!

How people find that film funny is beyond me.
    Its just bad noise.

I have never watched it? Is it the same actor that starred in Evan almighty?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭funnilenough

any film with yor man hitler in it.sure he's pure dirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

Tommy Cooper - I just don't get why everyone thinks he's a comedy genius...!

He's just an idiot (IMOFWIW)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Steve Martin, you smug bastard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Jo Brand. Yes we get it, you are fat.

Rumour has it she likes 'stuffing cake in her piehole' too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭JessicaRabbit

Des Bishop

Lee Evans

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭dmcronin

Tommy Tiernan
    That Lynch wan
    Mrs Brown's Boys
    Kilnascully
    Cha and Miah

Those ads for No Nonsense Insurance (nails on a pane of glass stuff)/FBD/telly licence, not funny.

(dis)honourable mentions

Most any cobbled-together RTE sit com, some train wrecks down the years...Leave It To Mrs O'Brien, Extra Extra, Ryantown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭im invisible

Lois! Lois! Lois! Lois! Lois! Mom! Mom! Mom! Mommy! Mommy! Mommy! Mama! Mama! Mama! Ma! Ma! Ma! Ma! Mum! Mum! Mum! Mum! Mummy! Mummy! Mumma! Mumma! Mumma!

Lois: WHAT!?

Stewie: Hi.
    ah now, thats funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭dmcronin

Funfair wrote: »
    Whoever thinks Only fools and horses is not funny needs Professional help and fast....

The old ones are good, the newer ones where Del and Rodney get their sh*t together and get rich are pants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

South Park - Each episode takes exactly 6 days from conception to air. The lack of effort is funny. It's basically one of the cops from Super Bad, the lads themselves and 1 or 2 other people sitting in a room, usually trying to be provocative. The quality is no where near as good as it used to be.

The Simpsons - I know a guy who prefers the new seasons to the older ones. Needless to say I despise him. Watching The Simpsons at this stage fills me with anger and despair.

Two & a Half Men.

Most American sitcoms.

Most American 'comedy' films directed towards a teen audience.

Mr. Thake - Beachcombers other work is better imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I think I just about hate everyone who has posted in this thread. Dry ****es everyone of ye.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

People who are overly wet or hyper, people who think farting is funny, anyone with ADD/ADHD, any "humuor" along those lines.

Just thought of a few more, Ab Fab, upstairs downstairs, blackadder oh and red dwarf! wtf is that? another I hate from years ago, third rock from the sun, I cannot stand that actor whatever his name is....I think the problem is that when somebody tries too hard to be funny, making everything so obvious and in your face, whilst insulting your intelligence, it just becomes irritating and tiresome. The jokes and smutty humour are regurgitated endlessly and I am sick of it, would love a fresh new comedy to come out, something totally original

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Ruralyoke

Agree with a lot here...and disagree with a lot too.

Much I would describe as simply overrated rather than totally unfunny.

Des Bishop, Tommy Tiernan and afew would fall under that for me.

A big +1 on Only Fools and Horses though. Can't understand the popularity of that.

Fans of Brendan O'Carroll, Adam Sandler, Robin Williams & The Big Bang Theory should take a long hard look at themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Those iphone auto correct "jokes". Read your messages before sending them! They're not funny!

Advertisement