Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving instructor Waterford

Options
  • 05-12-2011 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I just moved to Waterford recently and I'm looking for recommendations for a driving school or individual instructor (with a good pass rate) in the city. I'm not a total beginner, I just need a bit of extra coaching and advice on routes etc before repeating my test. Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

Molecule wrote: »
    I just moved to Waterford recently and I'm looking for recommendations for a driving school or individual instructor (with a good pass rate) in the city. I'm not a total beginner, I just need a bit of extra coaching and advice on routes etc before repeating my test. Thanks!

Hi there, my sister and I learned with Mark Allix, http://www.roadready.ie/markallix/

We both passed first time as did some friends of mine who used him, and he comes highly recommended, sound fella aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Try Roadskill.ie Richard 0868304527 very good pass rate and teacher

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

a few in the family got lessons from Ann just before our test, and i must say she's great, we all passed

Harmony Driving School Waterford
    Driving Instructor: Ann Vereker
    Phone No: (086) 8843 527
    Base: Kilmacow
    Areas covered: Waterford city and surrounding areas

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭deeks

I used Richie Roberts (think he's based in Dunmore East) and passed first time. Found him excellent.

Recommended him to a friend who had failed on two occassions and he also passed on his first attempt after having had lessons from Richie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 movingmummy

I passed first time with Michelle, she has a great pass rate, she is great with nervous drivers too, and has a man/auto cars. michellesdrivingschool.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Nas10

Not sure if he is still going but Tony Barden was one of the first instructors about and has a high success rate

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

Pat Chadwick

Category: Driving Schools [Edit]
    83 Grange Heights
    Waterford
    (051) 874740

this man is A1

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭fiesty lady

I passed first time with Maurice from ABC driving school I would recommend him lessons often go on longer than an hour at no extra cost

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

+1 for Richard in roadskill

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Molecule

Thanks a million for the recommendations everyone! I'll definitely give some of those people a shout. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I passed first time with Maurice from ABC driving school I would recommend him lessons often go on longer than an hour at no extra cost

Is that Maurice Walsh?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭fiesty lady

Yes it was maurice walsh from ABC driving school that I passed my driving test with his phone No.is 086 1685434

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Deisesun

Hi Molecule.

I'm not sure if you are still looking for a driving instructor,but this link might help. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73308448.

I also went to this guy Niall, A-Class he is very good went out of his way to help me, and the best price in town! Check out the site.

http://aclassschoolofmotoring.com/

***Just seen on his facebook page he is doing a promotion on lessons this month too!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭messynessie

+1 for Niall at A-Class
    Best value in town and had me fully prepared I breezed through my test :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

+1 for Niall at A-Class
    Best value in town and had me fully prepared I breezed through my test :)

Same here. With less then a weeks notice too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Amzie

sarah88 wrote: »
    a few in the family got lessons from Ann just before our test, and i must say she's great, we all passed

Harmony Driving School Waterford
    Driving Instructor: Ann Vereker
    Phone No: (086) 8843 527
    Base: Kilmacow
    Areas covered: Waterford city and surrounding areas

+1 I found Ann to be a great instructor and I passed my test first time!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

Amzie wrote: »
    +1 I found Ann to be a great instructor and I passed my test first time!:D

+2 for ann. Lovely lady and defo knows her stuff! Always has a story or 3 aswell for ya!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

Hey lads
    So im goin to take the plunge and start driving.
    Was never behind the wheel so only know the concepts from watching others drive.
    Can anyone recommended an instructor who works well with beginners.?
    Thanks a mill
    RA

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭madfcuker

Hey lads
    So im goin to take the plunge and start driving.
    Was never behind the wheel so only know the concepts from watching others drive.
    Can anyone recommended an instructor who works well with beginners.?
    Thanks a mill
    RA

I got lessons from a fella called Mark Allix. He is based in Tramore. He is very reasonable. He is on facebook. Think I saw he has a special offer for the month of June.

Mark explains everything very well. I have had a few instructors but not as good as him. I did pass my driving test and couldn't believe how easy it was.

If you want any of his details give me a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 piterkeane

Well lads!!!
    I just passed my theory test and I need book driving lessons nw (EDT) but i never drive before so i just little bit scare of it like lol . So, can u recommend me any school or instructor where can i go without any stress thanks . ps. and one more little thing im not irish and really stressfull that i could not understand instructor if go to ask me about somthing to do :/ cause my english is basic ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Robwhe

I personally used Barry at Waterford Driving Academy and passed with no problems. Really nice guy too who explains things so that they are easy to follow. Would highly recommend them!!!!!

http://waterforddrivingacademy.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Robwhe wrote: »
    I personally used Barry at Waterford Driving Academy and passed with no problems. Really nice guy too who explains things so that they are easy to follow. Would highly recommend them!!!!!

http://waterforddrivingacademy.ie/

Hi Barry, welcome to boards.

Advertisement