Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter Project Ideas

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

My winter projects involve this taking pictures I think I'm doing ok

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

You could try welding a few bits of scrap metal together like this and you might get over 2 million from Cork City Council.

4e1e2ce6b3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

am about to start doing a winter project actualy,it shoud have been summer but other people kept delaying it.

its not one woud recommend for everyone but anyway- incubating eggs/growing chick chicks for our farm.
    a PECS based guide is being put together on this,and once they have done that will apparently get given the incubator.
    we lost all our silkie chicks that were born natural [though we had no idea] quite recently,itd be nice to have some youngens back.

another project that is being started after the PECS guide is finished,was an idea come up with by self,but am assuming all of us who live there will be doing it-the idea is simple-to get food,clothing etc for the local homeless,as its freezing and just about the worst time of the year to be on the streets.
    its much better than thinking about collecting money because we coud give the food direct to them,whether cooked food to the ones who cant get a place in a hostel or tinned/fresh food to the shelters/food places for homeless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

FreeFallin wrote: »
    Does anyone out there have any winter projects on their hands? Maybe for money or just a hobby?

I'd love to get stuck into something over the next few months but don't really know what. I have access to a garage and pretty good range of tools but what to do is the question!

Watch Hannibal and learn from it, Feast on Brain goo, you have the tools and you know you want to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

look for some old "high nelly" bicycles.. strip them down and go onto the high nelly website, order a few new brake type things,... lo and behold entire summer gone doing them up!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

You could try welding a few bits of scrap metal together like this and you might get over 2 million from Cork City Council.

4e1e2ce6b3.jpg

fill us in??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Cobble that metro north thing together, no real rush with it anyway but shure ye'll have made a start on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,993 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I'm thinking of making illuminated ornamental fountains to brighten up the pot-holes in Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭FreeFallin

I think by posting in after hours I had to expect some of these responses :P

Flanum, I like your bike idea (/something similar). its not going to break the bank and would be a bitta fun. I also have an idea up my sleeve that bring in a small bit of extra cash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

Fritzl dungeon........obviously.

• Advertisement

FreeFallin wrote: »
    I think by posting in after hours I had to expect some of these responses :P

Flanum, I like your bike idea (/something similar). its not going to break the bank and would be a bitta fun. I also have an idea up my sleeve that bring in a small bit of extra cash

Are you going to sell one of your elbows, or your watch?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭FreeFallin

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Are you going to sell one of your elbows, or your watch?:confused:

Not quite - more of an early January christmas tree collection service! Cheap enough to persuade people to get someone else to dispose of their tree. Just enough money to ensure I could make a few bob!

A certain bunch of people got their winter project off to a good start by hacking a big hollybush to crap across the road from me. Nothing like a bit of destruction to earn a few quid.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

bluewolf wrote: »
    im studying, doing german, singing, and cello

Is your winter project to be ready for the Rose of Tralee?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

bluewolf wrote: »
    im studying, doing german, singing, and cello and working...

Wow! Women and their multitasking! Im lucky if I can cook and masturbate at the same time.

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Wow! Women and their multitasking! Im lucky if I can cook and masturbate at the same time.

I hope you don't get confused when the recipe calls for a knob of butter in the food-mixer.

Advertisement