Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dec 6th Patch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Yea, just opened battlefield to find 2.9 out of 3.9 gig has een downloaded. Thats some update:eek:

Includes Back to Karkand maps. This has been known for some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

I could see why most of the changes were made, or at the very least they do not bother me.

The only change which should not have been made was the mine change.

Tank drivers need manners put on them / us, and the fear of mines around every corner makes us / them be more cautious :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

2 people can lay 14 mines between them before having to get resupplied..

Have you seen how tedious it is to take out an array of mines ?...talk about time consuming.

SeantheMan wrote: »

Have you seen how tedious it is to take out an array of mines ?...talk about time consuming.

If the layers of the mines are dead, then no more mines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

With tank thermal vision the mines show up glowing white... which was nice

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Are you on console? Cause for the PC they have always shown up like that but my friend was complaining he couldn't see them on xbox. If so this will make him happy!

PC.. but you need thermal optics unlocked for your tank

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

SeantheMan wrote: »

Not quite. One Engineer, with the exp perk can lay 6 mines. Resupply takes forever for mines so not worth that tactic, the problem arose when he respawned and could lay another 6.

The fix should have been to allow the mines to remain persistent, but limit the total number of mines a player can have out to 9 or 12.

karma_ wrote: »
    The fix should have been to allow the mines to remain persistent, but limit the total number of mines a player can have out to 9 or 12.

I think it should be 6 mines. You can die and they will remain, but start planting any more and they disappear.

• Advertisement

karma_ wrote: »
    Not quite. One Engineer, with the exp perk can lay 6 mines. Resupply takes forever for mines so not worth that tactic, the problem arose when he respawned and could lay another 6.

No, I don't agree Karma. That would make too much sense.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Jonny7 wrote: »
    PC.. but you need thermal optics unlocked for your tank

Yeah I know that, he has thermal but they still show up as black.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

did they implemented destruction 2.0 in to vanilla game or just to that Tower?

did they implemented destruction 2.0 in to vanilla game or just to that Tower?

Destruction 2 is already implemented :confused:

They just toned it down a bit for the release game so there wouldn't be completely leveled maps within minutes of a round starting.

Destruction 2 is already implemented :confused:

They just toned it down a bit for the release game so there wouldn't be completely leveled maps within minutes of a round starting.

i doubt it will be with this patch, but with karhad expantion?

i really love BF3, but i really really miss stuff like "cold war" map from bc2... a full destructable town/village :(

i presumed if tower goes down, then they might add more destruction?

Have they upped the destruction now?

We tried to take down a french building on Seine - destroyed everything on the outside, but not possible to actually bring it down

i doubt it will be with this patch, but with karhad expantion?

i really love BF3, but i really really miss stuff like "cold war" map from bc2... a full destructable town/village :(

i presumed if tower goes down, then they might add more destruction?

Destruction is already implemented! Read my post.
    Have they upped the destruction now?

We tried to take down a french building on Seine - destroyed everything on the outside, but not possible to actually bring it down

No, this was never going to be available for the full game. I just explained that in my post above!

While the technology does allow for anything to be destructible, the game would be more than crap if the entire map got leveled within minutes of the round starting.

They added the radio tower falling down near the end of the round on Caspian - that's all!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Just had a couple of rounds to test the IRNV sights. Weirdly, on outdoor maps it's still fairly usable, up to medium range. However, in Metro, inside, where you would have thought it would be more useful, it's completely useless, you get no heat signature at all when inside, even at close range.

Had a go at the mortars too, we now get a hit register crosshair, but it feels like a lifetime between shots and I wish they would add some kind of auto fire mechanism, would save having to keep constantly tapping the mouse to see if it's reloaded yet.

I saw someone mention that when you're in a tank you now get to see enemy mines on you're mini-map, didn't see this myself, but I was able to see enemy mines when I had the Mortar HUD up, very weird and very stupid.

playing terrarie while downloading 4gb patch :( my ssd is not happy camper...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

playing terrarie while downloading 4gb patch :( my ssd is not happy camper...

Unless you have 6Gb/s internets I wouldn't be too worried...

• Advertisement

Unless you have 6Gb/s internets I wouldn't be too worried...

BF3 is 11gb + 4 gb more, and as we know SSD are not the biggest storage units :(.

While the technology does allow for anything to be destructible, the game would be more than crap if the entire map got leveled within minutes of the round starting.

Every building in the town on Arica in bfbc2 was destructible, I never saw it levelled within minutes, ever. I used to spend 20 minutes "shelling" the town with the tank (one of my many hobbies) and it will still mostly standing.

I like bf3 as it is, but you can always have more destruction, makes it feel like a real fight took place there

Every building in the town on Arica in bfbc2 was destructible, I never saw it levelled within minutes, ever. I used to spend 20 minutes "shelling" the town with the tank (one of my many hobbies) and it will still mostly standing.

I like bf3 as it is, but you can always have more destruction, makes it feel like a real fight took place there

Destruction in BF3 works differently. Check out the Frostbite 2 PDF's etc.

This was the reason given by DICE (and also performance related issues).

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

i havnt read the pdf or anything so i may be totally wrong but if they can implement more damage for the karkand pack then surely this means they can do it for the maps that shipped with the game as they are running on the same engine???

i havnt read the pdf or anything so i may be totally wrong but if they can implement more damage for the karkand pack then surely this means they can do it for the maps that shipped with the game as they are running on the same engine???

Its already there, the building models etc have the destruction algorithms / code there, its just toned down.

Karkand will be exactly the same. Where did you see they enabled more damage for Karkand? The videos? They're only for marketing purposes!

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

ye i just saw the videos and it appeared there was more destructability going on but i suppose we just have to wait and play it to see if there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

the_syco wrote:
    These three together should help take down jets and coppers
    Yeah, which means less good dogfights for people who actually want to fly. Jets and helis and too easy to take down, especially with that bloody AA, in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

You can finally see your ping in game. And when I say you, I mean everybody but me, I press tab and can see all others' pings but mine is just "-".

Seifer wrote: »
    You can finally see your ping in game. And when I say you, I mean everybody but me, I press tab and can see all others' pings but mine is just "-".

Same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Decryptor wrote: »
    Yeah, which means less good dogfights for people who actually want to fly. Jets and helis and too easy to take down, especially with that bloody AA, in my opinion.
    Before patch: chopper is overhead. I lock-on, shoot, chopper flares, I reload, lock-on, shoot, chopper flares I reload, lock-on, shoot, chopper flares. You need two people shooting at the same chopper to bring it down. Same with planes.

We'll see what it's like after the patch.

=-=

Had a quick game on Grand Bazaar there, and it took 5 or 6 RPGs to disable the tank, (shooting from from all sides), no-one repairing it. With someone repairing it, there was 10 shot at it before disabling it. It seems instead of making the mines weaker, they just made the armour stronger :mad:

Also, prone doesn't seem to be fully prone :confused:

Advertisement