Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squats, hand position and preventing sore wrists.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭roro1neil0

i can't get into the correct position at all with a broom stick is that normal?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

roro1neil0 wrote: »
    i can't get into the correct position at all with a broom stick is that normal?

For what?

rack position for the clean and jerk, i.e. without the weight of a bar to put the weight on my shoulders i cannot flex arms my arms far enough back. with a light wooden stick it just stays in the air.

rack position for the clean and jerk, i.e. without the weight of a bar to put the weight on my shoulders i cannot flex arms my arms far enough back. with a light wooden stick it just stays in the air.

That's not too unusual. There's not a sufficient load there. But if you can't do it with a bar either you need to roll and stretch the hell out of your lats, work thoracic mobility and thoracic extension.

thanks coach

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭Paudee

thanks coach

vomit-smiley-31.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

The best way to improve flexibility for the rack position is to put some weight on a bar, get into the position and drive your elbows up. If you can get someone to gently push them up that will help even more. If you do that before every session as well as aggressively stretch and roll you should be able to hold a good position in 1-2 weeks.

And yeah a stick is just too light to hold properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

Paudee wrote: »
    vomit-smiley-31.gif

He has a level 1 cert now you know.

Scuba Ste wrote: »
    He has a level 1 cert now you know.

Please see Paudee's reply for my response to that.

i honestly think i'll break my clavicle if i got for any heavy cleans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

i honestly think i'll break my clavicle if i got for any heavy cleans.

Your arms probably are not high enough then. The bar should be resting on your deltoids not your clavicle. The higher you have your arms the more contracted your deltoids become which gives you a more secure platform for the bar.

Advertisement