Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need some quick ideas of food etc to ease a sore throat (NOT medical/pharmaceutical)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Carefully pour the contents of a Barry's teabag down your beak, will sort you right out. All down the hatch, tea string and all.

Repeat every 15mins
    As you'd probably die of asphyxiation, this could be considered a cure-all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ronan keane

Ice-cream always helps me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

OP, I had a severe sore throat myself a couple of months ago. Did a lot of searching on the web for something to ease the pain and came across what I now consider to be a miracle cure:

Glass of warm water, teapsoon of salt and a teaspoon of cayanne pepper. Give it a good aul' mix and gargle it for as long as you can a few times a day. It's not pleasant, and whatever you do don't swallow it, but it got rid of my really bad sore throat (and I mean, REALLY bad) in a couple of days. My girlfriend tried it on a milder sore throat she had and it got rid of it over night.

You can google it and read all the success stories. I usually wouldn't believe in these home remedies, but this one actually worked for me when even prescription medicine had no effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Yes... I now finally understand why the mod get so alarmed whenever someone here asks for medical advice ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭sgb

All down the hatch, tea string and all.

Make sure you swallow the string, do not leave it hanging out your mouth or else everybody will think you are sucking a tampax

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭gigawatt

natural yogurt with no added sweeteners is good for a sore throat. if you sing regularly u could try a tonic like this one http://www.salusuk.com/products/akraft_syrup.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Garlic raw or in supplement form is great for warding off the bugs but best taken before you get a cold or sore throat .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Warm salted water (while tasting like piss) will kill whatever infection is in your throat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

DarkJager wrote: »
    Warm salted water (while tasting like piss) will kill whatever infection is in your throat.

was about to post that, and afterwards stewed pears in hot water to help cough up the greeny stuff. I šhit you not.

Advertisement