Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas party: alone or with your partner?

Options
  • 02-12-2011 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

It's that time of the year again. Do you prefer to go to your work Christmas party by yourself or with your partner/bf/gf/husband/wife? I started a new job and the party is for both people. In the last place it was always "just come alone" kinda thing.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

pippam wrote: »
    It's that time of the year again. Do you prefer to go to your work Christmas party by yourself or with your partner/bf/gf/husband/wife? I started a new job and the party is for both people. In the last place it was always "just come alone" kinda thing.

Do you like having sex on photocopiers with acquaintances? It sort of revolves around that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Your raging you have to bring your misses cos you wanted to play hide the sausage with the young one from accounts. It's ok you can admit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Alone, its nice to get free from the ball and chain now and then for a wild night of debauchery.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭pippam

Snakeblood wrote: »
    Do you like having sex on photocopiers with acquaintances? It sort of revolves around that.

Haha :) Good one Snakeblood!

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    Your raging you have to bring your misses cos you wanted to play hide the sausage with the young one from accounts. It's ok you can admit it.

Hide my sausage or hide the sausage in me? :D I'm a female.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Most parties are held out of the office. where are these photocopiers you are talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

id say if your with someone seriously, a year or so etc, then bringing them is the good thing to do, if not then its probably more fun by yourself, all up to the individual though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

hondasam wrote: »
    Most parties are held out of the office. where are these photocopiers you are talking about?

If you want to have sex on one badly enough, you'll find one.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Shiner11

Christmas, party alone or with your partner?

What kind of sadcase parties on his/her own?

I go alone because my husband does not know anyone I work with, he would not enjoy it.
    I sometimes go to his, this year they are on the same night so we are both going alone.
    If you bring a partner you have to make sure they are ok and it stops you enjoying yourself as much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

You don't bring your partner to xmas work party. Traditionally you're meant to suffer it alone.

I don't think a photocopier would hold my weight :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

I like going christmas parties with your partner, she's good at the oul intercourse

I have sex before I go out, i manage to resist any temptation for a few hours until i get home again.

I go alone because my husband does not know anyone I work with, he would not enjoy it.
    I sometimes go to his, this year they are on the same night so we are both going alone.
    If you bring a partner you have to make sure they are ok and it stops you enjoying yourself as much.

Yeah, I think not having to look after them all night is a big perk of going alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Shiner11 wrote: »
    Christmas, party alone or with your partner?

What kind of sadcase parties on his/her own?

People that are comfortable in their own skin and know how to enjoy themselves.

A shìtload of coke helps too.

Yeah, I think not having to look after them all night is a big perk of going alone.

I would go to my husbands because I know some of his co/workers from other nights out etc, he has no interest in meeting my co/workers.
    You do feel obliged to make sure they are not at the bar alone all night while you are of dancing or what ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Ours have always been alone type affair. the missus x-mas party is the same format.

I would go to my husbands because I know some of his co/workers from other nights out etc, he has no interest in meeting my co/workers.
    You do feel obliged to make sure they are not at the bar alone all night while you are of dancing or what ever.

Just pull him on the dance floor with you, don't leave him at the bar :)

Just pull him on the dance floor with you, don't leave him at the bar :)

I see enough of him,one night away from him will not kill me, he would be quite happy at the bar :pac:

• Advertisement

I see enough of him,one night away from him will not kill me, he would be quite happy at the bar :pac:

Yeah, that's a good attitude. Some time apart is good, everybody needs to know how to enjoy themselves without their partner.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

The invite for the christmas party is never extended to the other half, sure i'd have to spring for it then. The only time it happened was when we worked together but that was ages ago.
    She's met loads of my work mates but still... they're MY workmates, not OUR workmates

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

I always bring a partner.

Missus doesn't know that though

PauloConn wrote: »
    The invite for the christmas party is never extended to the other half, sure i'd have to spring for it then. The only time it happened was when we worked together but that was ages ago.
    She's met loads of my work mates but still... they're MY workmates, not OUR workmates

I think most workplaces don't extend the invite to the other half but some do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I have sex before I go out, i manage to resist any temptation for a few hours until i get home again.

You manage to fit in sex around your posting schedule?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

I've gone with my husband before - my god it was awful!
    They had all their in jokes about computer systems and other such crap.
    Never again!

stovelid wrote: »
    You manage to fit in sex around your posting schedule?

Even I get a few spare minutes ever day.

I've gone with my husband before - my god it was awful!
    They had all their in jokes about computer systems and other such crap.
    Never again!

Oh no! Sounds awful..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

I detest Christmas parties. Couple of years back I got dragged to my wifes workplace Christmas party, I though I'd make the effort for her. It was in the other side of the country so it took me ages to get their at which point I was wrecked.

The place was real slick but I didn't know anyone there, I was completely under dressed for the whole evening. A group of foreign lads showed up and ruined the night, pushing people around, shouting etc... I had a few run-ins with them through the night. The office itself was so big I spent most of the evening looking for my wife and chatting to some fat guy I'd never met.

Eventually I found her in the vault, shot Hans Gruber and threw him out the window.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

well you can't really leave your strong hand at home...

Advertisement