Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bank having their Xmas Party tonight...

Options
  • 02-12-2011 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

So I just went to the bank there. I know the staff pretty well and one of them started telling me that they were having their Xmas party tonight in town. He then told me that they were paying for some of it for themselves.

There was a man behind me in line and as I was leaving I heard him say to the cashier "A Christmas party, after what you shower got up to, you must be kidding me"

I didn't hang around but got me thinking. Surely the likes of the cashiers, the customer service, and the office staff are not to blame for the banks. IMO I think they deserve a night out with their colleagues just as much as anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,498 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

WHICH TOWN ??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 147 ✭✭massiveattack

LETS TRASH THE JOINT LADS!!!!!!!11111

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

"Dont blame me, I only work here"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Absolutely, of course they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Unavailable for Comment

He then told me that they were paying for some of it for themselves.

Why should my taxes pay for any of it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Sooopie

Of course they do - jesus.

What a stupid ignorant man, people like him annoy me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

So I just went to the bank there. I know the staff pretty well and one of them started telling me that they were having their Xmas party tonight in town. He then told me that they were paying for some of it for themselves.

There was a man behind me in line and as I was leaving I heard him say to the cashier "A Christmas party, after what you shower got up to, you must be kidding me"

I didn't hang around but got me thinking. Surely the likes of the cashiers, the customer service, and the office staff are not to blame for the banks. IMO I think they deserve a night out with their colleagues just as much as anyone else?

You can make an argument I suppose, that if it's a publicly owned bank, that has massive debts, the party should be entirely financed by staff. I wouldn't be that bothered about making the argument though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

That kind of ****e annoys me. The people working behind the counters did nothing wrong, they are just working day to day like a lot of people in the country. That guy making the snide comment is a prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

of course they deserve their xmas party. the cashiers, people behind the counter didnt cause all the problems in the banks atm, it was their senior colleagues that are responsible. same for those who attack the public service, some who do a very good job on the front line etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Because studies suggest that activities like an Xmas party are good morale boosters and for a company are an investment that pays dividends in increased performance and output.

You need to be careful not to be pennywise and pound foolish

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

I don't think it's crazy to say that they all should be dragged out of the bank and shot.

And the customers, they should be shot too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 147 ✭✭massiveattack

of course they deserve their xmas party. the cashiers, people behind the counter didnt cause all the problems in the banks atm, it was their senior colleagues that are responsible. same for those who attack the public service, some who do a very good job on the front line etc.

No truer word spoken! Everyone hitting the public service while the teachers look after their scumbag un-educatable kids every day

c_man wrote: »
    I don't think it's crazy to say that they all should be dragged out of the bank and shot.

And the customers, they should be shot too.

THIS GUY IS MAKING A LOT OF SENSE.

I'm going to shoot myself first, then everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

No truer word spoken! Everyone hitting the public service while the teachers look after their scumbag un-educatable kids every day

hmmm.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Nobody is 'entitled' to a Christmas party - Jesus Christ what the fk do you think this is?

Every thursday I have to tell the handful of depressed workers who are left in my company whether I have three measley sh!tty days work for them the following week or whether they're back on the dole.

We're closing two weeks early for christmas and no bonuses and no christmas party.

But it's good to know that some of the pitiful revenue generated from my company is being chipped in towards the bank's christmas party.

They deserve it, god love em.

Sky King wrote: »
    Nobody is 'entitled' to a Christmas party - Jesus Christ what the fk do you think this is?

Every thursday I have to tell the handful of depressed workers who are left in my company whether I have three measley sh!tty days work for them the following week or whether they're back on the dole.

We're closing two weeks early for christmas and no bonuses and no christmas party.

But it's good to know that some of the pitiful revenue generated from my company is being chipped in towards the bank's christmas party.

get off the cross, we need the wood

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Your oul wan needs the wood so she does!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

The guy behind the counter was at work and his hands were tied so it was up to you OP to loudly call that ignoramus every sort of a bollíx under the sun, insulting every seed breed and generation of his family whilst finishing up with the immortal words "and mind your own fúckin' business Pinocchio".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

I am sure its the frontline staff getting that sh*t all the time which they dont deserve but thats generally what happens idiot members of the public vent at joe soap behind the desk about what the big boys in the ivory towers have done, and the stupid ass public think its an acceptable thing to do and the staff have to be nice to these fools too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Ffs, times are tough but put on a Santy hat and give some hand-shandys at the very least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Are we all going to Fingers Fingleton's party? Molotov Cocktails all round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Sure if you pay your employees a bit more they could have a xmas party too

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Because we don't get top pick and choose what our taxes are spent on. Maybe if you want to go in and demand the 1c of your taxes they may end up using on this Christmas party you could try that.

If their paying for it themselves and it's just really the workers getting together for a few drinks it's not really a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭cosmicfart

no they are not but most of them are pretty ignorant and when I have to do my bit of banking (usually 1:30pm) these idiots can fathom out how to work a roster so that the customer (me!) can actually be served within 15 minutes instead of the usual bollix of a long line and my entire lunch wasted.

cosmicfart wrote: »
    no they are not but most of them are pretty ignorant and when I have to do my bit of banking (usually 1:30pm) these idiots can fathom out how to work a roster so that the customer (me!) can actually be served within 15 minutes instead of the usual bollix of a long line and my entire lunch wasted.

I'm sorry for your troubles :(

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Jazzzman

I can't believe what I'm hearing.

The banks are the sole reason this country is in the state it's in, and they're having parties in some fancy hotel no doubt?

I'm sorry, but instead of spending tens of thousands of euros on the party, how about putting some of it into elderly peoples pensions, the roads or give some to the homeless.

A ****ing party??

I'm fuming.

Good on the man in the bank for speaking his mind. It's a massive shame there aren't more like him.

Typical response on here. 'oh he's a prick', 'sure they deserve a knees up'...

no they bloody well don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

How about a compromise?

The state willl fund all Bank parties as long as we can have the top level managers and board tied to trees and battered with eggs & excrement by the general public

D1stant wrote: »
    How about a compromise?

The state willl fund all Bank parties as long as we can have the top level managers and board tied to trees and battered with eggs & excrement by the general public

I'd say the people on below 25 grand a year in the banks would be willing to throw the eggs if the general public were busy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭cosmicfart

Sooopie wrote: »
    I'm sorry for your troubles :(

bout time too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

I agree that the frontline staff aren't to blame, or dont deserve the abuse, but splashing out on a Christmas party is a bit like two fingers to the rest of us, after the year the banks have had.

Advertisement