Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Cooking Club 2012 - Now open for sign-ups!**

Options
  • 01-12-2011 5:52pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Just to keep you updated, we're currently discussing the best way to run the cooking club for next year to minimise drop-outs. We'll be back soon to open this thread for signing up. If you have any suggestions, please pop them in the 2011 thread :).

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Okay, we're going to start taking sign-ups now!

Post below to secure a space. We'll more than likely break the cooking club up into two halves this year - we'll take all the sign-ups now, and do a schedule for the first 6 months. Then we'll contact the other half of sign-ups, and check that they're still on for the second half of the year. If you have a preference for either half, please state it in your post. There's 48 spots going, but we'll take extra sign-ups for people who're late to the thread but would like to be stand-ins. The order of sign-ups will not necessarily reflect your place in the schedule, but the first 48 to sign up will be guaranteed a place if they still want it.

As before, we will not be accepting sign-ups from posters with less than 100 posts. We will use our discretion regarding sign-ups from posters who have never posted in the Food & Drink forums before because we found they were the most likely to not step up when it was their turn.

One thing I would like to remind everybody (again): Cooking comes in all shapes and sizes. This is a Cooking Club, not a Main-Course Club. We actively encourage more posting of things other than main courses in the coming year: Starters, salads, desserts, sides, anything. When your week comes up, don't be concerned with the size of the recipe. If you think you make the best tomato salad in the world, share it with us! Many posters are more likely to keep up when many recipes are quick to make, rather than overly complicated ones. That being said, of course we welcome and encourage recipes that will teach us new cooking skills.

And go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

I'd like to sign up please!

It's my first :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,237 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Yes, please. :) I can't do August-early October, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,749 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Me too, me too! :)

(If you want - you can put me on a 'reserve list' in case of any drop-outs if 2012 is over-subscribed.)

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭littlehedgehog

Please put me on the list :D I've a recipe I've wanted to show you guys for months!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

I'd love to sign up please! Any time of year is fine with me but I have a dissertation due in September so you might get a better recipe out of me in the other 11 months :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

count me in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

plus one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Stick me down please!

I've done a main and a desert in the previous two years, might do a starter this time.

Thanks Faith for organising again, it's some job you do. :)

oh, you better not stick me in for April or May, small matter of nuptials to attend to :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,541 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Put me on the list!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Me please! Was too late for last year's and it drove me mad all year!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,749 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Des wrote: »
    oh, you better not stick me in for April or May, small matter of nuptials to attend to :)

How about a slot in March for the wedding cake recipe? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

please add me for early in the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Darkginger

I'd love to do this again - I know I'll be away for a week in March, and another in July, so avoiding those months would be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

Me too, please!

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭pts

I'd like to throw my hat in the ring too!
    I should be able to do either half of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Muirgheal

I'd love to sign up again too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

I'd love to be included, I had to miss my spot this year due to a family emergency, and I still have my recipe that I'd love to share!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Put my name on the list please! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

I'd like to sign up too please. /nervous...:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

I'd like to sign up too. I need a push to cook more. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Me too please!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Me please!

(have to make up for the shambles of my last attempt :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Me too

And me please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Ooh pick me, pick me! :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Always fun!

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I'd like to sign up!! Thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Me too!

Advertisement