Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

shangri la wrote: »
    my point from the start has been:

why choose to lose your money?

a bit of work, patience and dicipline and you earn a few quid for yourself while enjoying the match as well.

if its pocket money or the dole its easier to piss it away i suppose.

It's neither.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

Vanbis wrote: »
    Honestly, no. I did it to make it more interesting for me. I lost the bet, big deal. I don't always post my selections, only now and again. I see other selections, some i follow and some i don't because it has no value to me. Everyone is different with their opinions.

Did you have a bet on the game and if so what was it?

Lets leave it at that.

no i dont bet derby games or bet on fatigued players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Ladies, ladies. Tips :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The only tip is +1.5 goals I think! That and have a week off.

Dont bet on leagues you know nothing about would be a good start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Give it up will ya

mike65 wrote: »

which team are you giving the handicap to?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,886 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Give it up will ya

x MarK x is back it seems...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Why dont you post a bet up you think is good value.

Is far easier to criticise someones elses bet when you have'nt put up an opinion yourself.

Gone now. Didnt realise pointing out a bet was -ev would piss people off. It should be open for discussion if you want to learn.

and not betting leagues you know nothing about is good advice otherwise you would have been betting against udinese the last few games in serie a or arsenal at the beginning of the season, also borussia dortmund, ect ect.

• Advertisement

I dont have a bet yet. Im looking at the overs in the spurs v west brom game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

small stakes on Under 2.5 goals in Rio Ave v Sporting Lisbon @ 17/20

4/6 (67%) of Rio's home games in Superliga have been under (7/13 in all)
    5/7 (71%) of Lisbons away games in Superliga have been under (7/13 in all)

Last 5 games between two sides in Rio been: 2-3, 0-0, 2-2, 0-1, 0-1.- (Average 2.2 goals)

using small stakes as this as is a cup game, but if was in the league I'd be quietly confident

EDIT: 1-1 FT. It always seems when I put small stake on it goes according to how stats predict.. Moment I put decent stake on, it'll go belly up no matter how much research put in :(

Small Stakes on Tomorrows game- Spurs V WBA- Over 2.5 @ 8/13

5/8 (63%) of Spur's home games in Prem been over (12/18 in all)
    7/9 (78%) of WBA's away games in Prem been over (11/19 in all)

Last 5 games between two sides in White Hart Lane been: 2-2, 1-0, 2-1, 1-1, 3-1 (Average 2.8 goals)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

wprathead wrote: »
    small stakes on Under 2.5 goals in Rio Ave v Sporting Lisbon @ 17/20

Good shout!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

which team are you giving the handicap to?

That's the total goals, not a handicap :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Van Persie/Arsenal wincast

Celtic -2

Done two singles, and the double for the craic.

Yakubu/Blackburn wincast aswell.

Looking Celtic -2 came in to make me break even.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Going to try an over 0.5 1st half goals on the 3 prem games tomorrow night paying 1.7/1 with boylesports.

Going to try an over 0.5 1st half goals on the 3 prem games tomorrow night paying 1.7/1 with boylesports.

not a market i have ever looked at but paddy have exactly 1 first half goal in the spurs match at 2.75 and in the wigan match its 2.5. It could be a good market to get to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Sivasspor (11th) –v- Karabukspor (16th)
    The last two meetings between these two resulted in Karabukspor winning both of those were at home though. Karabukspor bad position is due to their shocking away form this season, 0 Wins, 1 Draw , 8 Losses . While Sivasspor are 8 games since a home lost. Luton Shelton and Nordin Amrabat are missing for Karabukspor, both regarded as important players.

Galatasaray (1st) –v- Istanbul (9th)
    Galatasaray are on a serious run of form, 6 wins in a row. While their home record is fairly impressive with 6 Wins, 1 Draw and 1 Loss. While Istanbul haven’t won in 5 matches, their away record isn’t the best with 3 Wins, 1 Draw and 5 Losses.

Mersin Idman Yurdu (6th) –v- Ankaragucu (18th)
    The home team here won the first game between these two in September 2-1 and look to beat them again. Ankaragucu have yet to win on the road this season with 2 Draws and 7 Losses. The away side can’t see to keep the ball out of their net, having conceded 2+ goals in 12 out of their 17 matches, and only have 2 clean sheets all season. They haven’t won in 6 and haven’t scored in 4.

Someone also noted over on the BettingAdvice.com forum that the away side will be fielding mainly B team players, didn’t say why but presume it’s due to injuries. EDIT: 6 players missing for them.

AEK Athens (3rd) –v- Doxa Dramas (16th)
    Doxa Dramas are one of the teams to be promoted mid season over in Greece (hence only have played 8 games compared to AEK 14), but in 8 games they’ve they managed to only notch up 1 point, scoring only 1 goal on the road while conceding 11. On contrast, AEK have won an impressive home record this season, 6 Wins, 1 Draw, 0 Losses and only conceding 3 times in 7 matches at home.

All 4 home sides should win while the -1 handicap looks nailed on in all these matches, all 4 teams should be able to keep clean sheets.

Man City look good for the win, as they look to keep their 100% home record, averaging over 3 goals a game at home. Although Liverpool have notched up 16 out of 27 points on the road this season.

Spurs look likely to beat West Brom.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Sivasspor (11th) –v- Karabukspor (16th)
    The last two meetings between these two resulted in Karabukspor winning both of those were at home though. Karabukspor bad position is due to their shocking away form this season, 0 Wins, 1 Draw , 8 Losses . While Sivasspor are 8 games since a home lost. Luton Shelton and Nordin Amrabat are missing for Karabukspor, both regarded as important players.

Great post. 6 home wins makes sense.
    Only thing is that Amrabat will not play indeed for Karabukspor since he is playing for Kayserispor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

I'm really tempted by under 2.5 goals in the Spurs v WBA game @ 2.15, WBA defended really well against Man City and the last time Spurs played against a defensive team at home they won 1-0 (vs Sunderland).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Any opinions on corners in the Liverpool game tonight.?

I was thinking of putting the free 50 on liverpool to get most corners in play currently 7/4 pre game.
    Or wait and hope City get the first corner then liverpool will be 3/1 ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

robbie1977 wrote: »
    Any opinions on corners in the Liverpool game tonight.?

I was thinking of putting the free 50 on liverpool to get most corners in play currently 7/4 pre game.
    Or wait and hope City get the first corner then liverpool will be 3/1 ish.

Just back City pre-match and in-running IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

keane2097 wrote: »
    Just back City pre-match and in-running IMO.

If City don't win then you're down 50, much better off putting 50 pre match on a sure thing (over0.5 goals in match or under3.5 1st half) and then backing City in play so you're breaking even bar a scoreless match or 4 goal 1st half.

yesno1234 wrote: »
    If City don't win then you're down 50, much better off putting 50 pre match on a sure thing (over0.5 goals in match or under3.5 1st half) and then backing City in play so you're breaking even bar a scoreless match or 4 goal 1st half.

The point of gambling is to back value bets, City at an augmented price of 10/6 are the value bet of the season so far in this spot, if you're not prepared to stand a bet like that just cash out and buy lollipops.

The point of gambling is to back value bets, City at an augmented price of 10/6 are the value bet of the season so far in this spot, if you're not prepared to stand a bet like that just cash out and buy lollipops.

I'd much prefer to minimise my losses tbh.

yesno1234 wrote: »
    I'd much prefer to minimise my losses tbh.

Best of luck with it.

Best of luck with it.

Oh I'm not backing City anyways, was just throwing my opinion out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

Treble

Sunderland - Draw No Bet @ 10/11
    Tottenham v West Brom - Total Goals - Over 2.5 Goals @ 4/6
    Man City v Liverpool - Match Betting - Draw @ 5/2

Stake : 10.00
    Estimated Returns : 111.36

Just for interest's sake as I'm staying in tonight to enjoy the footy. :D

Sunderland's away form has been poor and they've only managed 2 wins and 2 draws from 9, but Martin O Neill appears to have rejuvenated them somewhat. Wasn't comfortable backing them for the win outright.

Over 2.5 Goals has come in in 6/9 of WB's away games and 5/8 of Tottenham's home games.

Last match could go either way, the draw brought my odds up handsomely though.

That's the total goals, not a handicap :)

Just so you know, if you write it like that on a betting slip it will be taken as a handicap.

"tottenham v west brom +1.5 goals" on a betting slip means you are betting that west brom won't lose by more than 1 goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

Just a couple of early taughts from me, but I'll be waiting to see the starting line up.

I'm thinking maybe Spearing to be booked anytime and also thinking Carroll to score anytime (only if he starts and I'm using the same reason as my Morrison to score anytime the other week, also he has a good record against City, 4 goals in three starts against City)

I also like Liverpool could be worth a punt, they don't conceded a lot and also they are due to score a couple (I know they got 3 last week)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement