Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

mike65 wrote: »
    Try the asian handicaps to limit losses, or go for a trixie rather than a treble. You'll get something back if two win.

its a terrible idea to do trixies/l15s with odds on selections.

Looking for opinions on these bets

norwich v spurs
    over 2.5

west brom v man city
    over 2.5

man utd -1

arsenal -1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

shangri la wrote: »
    its a terrible idea to do trixies/l15s with odds on selections.

Its better than loosing the lot which is the fate of a straight treble if one selection lets you down. Of course the odds may not be that short if betting with a handicap/first goalscorer type picks.

Its better than loosing the lot which is the fate of a straight treble if one selection lets you down. Of course the odds may not be that short if betting with a handicap/first goalscorer type picks.

do singles only if you want a chance of profit at the end of the season. Most profitable bit of advice I ever got.

if you must do an accumulator and are worried about losing the lot, bet less.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

shangri la wrote: »
    Looking for opinions on these bets

norwich v spurs
    over 2.5

west brom v man city
    over 2.5

man utd -1

arsenal -1

Overs came in last 5 of Norwich home matches and last 5 spurs away matches.

Overs came in last 3 of 5 west brom home and 4/5 city away.

United's resurgence of form since CL exit you'd expect them to beat Wigan comfortably, however, Wigan confidence will be sky high after last two matches so expect a resolute performance.

You'd expect Arsenal to cover the -1 as well, Wolves have been dire away from home.

On paper all 4 have a great chance of coming in, as you know know though if you were to throw them in an accumulator one nearly always lets you down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Spurs to beat Norwich is 4/5, am I missing something in this, might lump it on this.

The only issue I would have is wolves wingers v arsenal cbs and the small chance of rvp not playing 90 mins.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

If Arsenal are 3-0 up after 60 minutes, RvP will be taken off no doubt.

But Arsenal scores almost 50% of their goals in the last 30 minutes of the match so while i can see a 3-0 result, i dont think that ll be the score at 60 minutes yet.

And i think he wants to break Shearer's record although he says he isnt bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Spurs to beat Norwich is 4/5, am I missing something in this, might lump it on this.

Norwich have gotten a result in 75% of their home game's and they've been fairly impressive all season, City the only team who've overturned them by more than two goals. It'll be a close match that I'd say will finish 2-1 to Spurs but I don't really see value in Spurs tbh, you're definately not missing anything though.

norwich are a good team. Spurs will have to score 2 and maybe 3 goals to win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Man City asian -1 is 1.75 tomorrow, thats an unreal price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Man united average roughly 3 goals a game v Wigan in their total PL meetings, they have conceeded just 4 in 12 games while scoring 38 or something, in the last 4 ganes united have averaged 4 goals a game exactly v Wigan conceding none.

Man United -1 is my recommendation for that game anyway

Also had a bet on -2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Man City asian -1 is 1.75 tomorrow, thats an unreal price

Stuck a tenner on it such a good price, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

having a lazy xmas day morning trying to prep my fantasy team for tomorrow, one thing that did catch my eye was Blackburns fixtures, they've still to play Liverpool, Utd, Arsenal, City, Spurs and Chelsea away from Home as well as Liverpool and Utd at home!
    even if they pick up 6 points from these fixtures it leaves 13 games to pick up another 24 points to reach the magic 40 points. 8 wins from 13? unlikely!
    At 4/9 with PP i reckon thats easy money! a long wait from here until May though!

yesno1234 wrote: »
    Norwich have gotten a result in 75% of their home game's and they've been fairly impressive all season, City the only team who've overturned them by more than two goals. It'll be a close match that I'd say will finish 2-1 to Spurs but I don't really see value in Spurs tbh, you're definately not missing anything though.

Both teams to score would be a decent punt esp if Grant Holt starts

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

I've gone for a Welsh double of:
    Swansea
    Airbus UK win or draw
    @3.70

Airbus UK are in much better form than Bala Town
    http://www.soccerway.com/teams/wales/airbus-uk-fc/
    http://www.soccerway.com/teams/wales/bala-town-fc/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Both teams to score would be a decent punt esp if Grant Holt starts

Morrison is playing good at the moment too, will definitely have something on both teams to score and on over 2.5 goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭hellfish08

Man United to win to nil @ 8/11

United have hit 16 goals in their previous four games against the Latics and have not conceded a single goal during that period.

With Wigan having the worst attack in the Premier League, backing United to win to nil looks worth a punt

Manzoor14 wrote: »
    having a lazy xmas day morning trying to prep my fantasy team for tomorrow, one thing that did catch my eye was Blackburns fixtures, they've still to play Liverpool, Utd, Arsenal, City, Spurs and Chelsea away from Home as well as Liverpool and Utd at home!
    even if they pick up 6 points from these fixtures it leaves 13 games to pick up another 24 points to reach the magic 40 points. 8 wins from 13? unlikely!
    At 4/9 with PP i reckon thats easy money! a long wait from here until May though!

only once has the bottom team in the PL at christmas avoided relagation. It may be better to see how much venkys give kean next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭alfalion

kryogen wrote: »
    Man united average roughly 3 goals a game v Wigan in their total PL meetings, they have conceeded just 4 in 12 games while scoring 38 or something, in the last 4 ganes united have averaged 4 goals a game exactly v Wigan conceding none.

Man United -1 is my recommendation for that game anyway

Also had a bet on -2

a very different wigan team this year and if they can score against chelsea

• Advertisement

half strenght utd defense too, wouldnt have heaps of confidence in the clean sheet

• Registered Users Posts: 53,879 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Here's a funny one from our favourite bookie... pp

regular bet

D Sturridge to score in 90 minutes and Chelsea to win the match 11/10

Supposed fantasy scout specials

Daniel Sturridge to score & Chelsea to win 10/11

lol, and what an awful price too

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Man City @ 2/5
    West Brom v Man City
    Match Betting

Chelsea @ 3/10
    Chelsea v Fulham
    Match Betting

Over 2.5 @ 4/5
    Man United v Wigan
    Home Goals U/O 2.5

Total stake € 25.00
    Estimated return € 81.90

• Registered Users Posts: 53,879 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Double

Liverpool to score the 1st goal after 22 min 7/5
    Chelsea to score the first goal after 23 min 7/5

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

MikeyGorse wrote: »
    Man City @ 2/5
    West Brom v Man City
    Match Betting

Chelsea @ 3/10
    Chelsea v Fulham
    Match Betting

Over 2.5 @ 4/5
    Man United v Wigan
    Home Goals U/O 2.5

Total stake € 25.00
    Estimated return € 81.90

just incase you didn't notice ...your bet is for united to score 3goals or more...not for over 2.5 goals in the game....best of luck with it !! (Hope it comes in)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Who do people think will score first in the premier league 15:00 ko's?

Demba Ba

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Was mean't to say team :rolleyes:, for the Stan James money back special.

• Advertisement

thats just gonna be pure guessing!

but go for a strong home side, United i suppose?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement