Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

gudede wrote: »
    Charlie Adam to score direct from a free-kick or penalty @ 8/1

Went for this with Hill's...Fancy him to score and the 8/1 beats the 10/3 on offer for anytime

Some's up my last couple of days :mad: Missed a penalty ARG!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Soby wrote: »
    City -1
    Utd
    Arsenal

4/1
    Better chance that the PP treble with Pool i reckon

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

Any profit does me the job :D

Well done everyone.

16ld7ps.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

shrewdness wrote: »
    QPR v Sunderland - both teams score 4/6
    Everton 8/13
    Suarez to score and Liverpool to win 6/4
    €10 treble

Man Utd 8/11
    Man City -1 4/6
    Van Persie to score and Arsenal to win 13/8
    €10 treble

Arsenal made me sweat but got there in the end! Pity Suarez couldn't have nicked a goal to get the first bet up too but I'm happy enough, had plenty worse nights!

Soby wrote: »
    :)
    Thanks Soby.

Followed this and you didnt dissapoint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Bit of a newbie here. Decided to try and be more educated with my football betting so did a quick review on some websites before making 10 small stake selections. Here are my selections with a brief description attached.

1. Utd to beat Fulham. Basically I think even giving Utd's somewhat lack of form lately they will still be too good for Fulham and at odds of 1.72 I thought it was a good bet.

2. Under 2.5 goals QPR V Sunderland (1.72). QPR have averaged .75 goals per home game this season while Sunderland have the same for away games. QPR have drawn 50% of there home games with Sunderland losing 63% which in my eyes means two low scoring teams.

3. Under 2.5 goals Everton V Swansea (1.72). Everton have averaged a goal a game at home this season while Swansea have averaged .75 away from home. Add to that Evertons lack of a striker and Swansea's abysmal away record (no wins yet this season) I think a low scoring game and possibly a draw is on the cards.

4. Liverpool -1 V Wigan (2.50). On average Wigan have conceded 2 goals per game at home this season. And with Suarez facing a suspension this could be the exact thing to fire up Liverpool. Complatency against a very poor team shouldnt be an issue after Chelsea's result at the weekend.

5. Over 2.5 goals Villa V Arsenal (1.72). Villa have scored and conceded an average of a goal a game. While Arsenals average is over 2 on both these fronts. For that reason Im backing goals.

6. Exactly 2 or 3 goals in the Villa V Arsenal game (2.00). I actually think this will be a three goal game but I dont see there being any fewer than 2. If more than 3 goals are scored bet no5 will help offset the loss.

7. Both teams to score Newcastle V West Brom (1.61). Both teams have averaged over a goal a game scored and conceded in there respective home and away games this season. Newcastle at home should score, West Brom should score with odemwingie looking to be back on form and Newcastle weak at the back.

8. Man City to win both halves (2.50). Although Stoke are tough to break down City have won all 8 games at home this season scoring over 3 goals on average and in all 16 games this year they have been in front at HT in 50% of them.

9. Man City -1 V Stoke (1.66). City average over 3 goals per home game while Stoke concede 2 on average. City concede .5 while Stoke score .75. All points to a 2-3 nil win for City in my books.

10. Man City HT/FT (1.66). Refer to bet 8 description.

Although I didnt have as much time to review the stats and team news as Id like Im pretty happy with my reasoning and selection. Though we will know in 2 hours time. This could be my last appearance on boards :P

8 from 10, nice one man.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Man Utd, Man City & Arsenal all to win their next 2 games @5.85 :confused:

Man City -1 / under 2.5 in Everton - Swansea (come on Vorm!) @2.62 :D

Atalanta - Cesena : HT draw @1.91 :(

Arsenal to be winning at HT @2.10 :D

Get in! Hopefully City, Utd & Arsenal all win on boxing day for a nice Xmas present :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

robbie1977 wrote: »
    Arsenal to win 3/4 in a double with liverpool corner handicap -2 10/11

Do you ever do a bet and have a good feeling about it even before it starts l did doing this double.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

Spurs Chelsea. Howard Webb in charge so fancy a few cards.

All over Parker to be booked @ 2/1 on unibet.

If they start I'll definitely take some of Romeu card @ 9/4 and Luiz card @ 7/4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

liverpool ruined me night. only myself to blame puttin them in at 1/2 away from home

• Advertisement

I fought with myself for a good 2 hours last night putting either Liverpool or Man City -1 in the treble with United and Arsenal. Thank fook I picked City. I just didnt think Liverpool would be good enough for Wigan so I just put on a fun wincast instead.

Surely Liverpool fans know you'll never beat Wigan,

their your bogey team.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,879 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Anyone know the story with the Chile v Paraguay friendly match

Has to be south American league only players thou I reckon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Surely Liverpool fans know you'll never beat Wigan,

their your bogey team.

Sounds like aftertiming but I took the corner handicap @2.0, its a real pity PP offer that market only on the odd game. Liverpool are by a distance the top corner winners in the league. Worth remembering.

mike65 wrote: »
    Sounds like aftertiming but I took the corner handicap @2.0, its a real pity PP offer that market only on the odd game. Liverpool are by a distance the top corner winners in the league. Worth remembering.

Get yourself onto 365, corner markets everywhere

Need some good tips for tomorrows game Spurs vs Chelsea so looking forward to seeing some tips go up :)

Get yourself onto 365, corner markets everywhere

Liverpool V Blackburn

Over 12 corners 21/20
    Over 14 corners 9/4
    Liverpool -5 corner match bet 5/6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Need some good tips for tomorrows game Spurs vs Chelsea so looking forward to seeing some tips go up :)

Easy - both teams to score.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,879 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im really liking O Romeu 21/10 to be booked

Up against Modric and VDV bound to see a few tackles going in by Romeu

Lennon and probably Bale are out for spurs, which is a huge loss for them. I was really tempted to go big on spurs but after those missing players, ill be staying well clear

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Easy - both teams to score.

Especially if the King is out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

VdV is due a big game soon, this could be the game. 7/4 anytime along with both to score.

Few Greek cup games on tomorrow, a bet half the results are already decided.......

Liverpool V Blackburn

Over 12 corners 21/20
    Over 14 corners 9/4
    Liverpool -5 corner match bet 5/6

There are two key reasons for Pool getting so many corners:
    1/ Bellamy and Downing on the wings. Stats are much lower when Kuyt starts.
    2/ They haven't been putting teams away so usually need to press for 90 minutes. Man U, Arsenal, Spurs usually kill teams on corners when chasing a goal too so well worth monitoring in play. Arsenal for example had over 10 corners in 2nd half against Villa tonight.

So looking at your bet, the two things that would worry me are:
    1/ Blackburn get very few corners so you'll be looking for Liverpool to get around 10 corners. They have done so in 4/8 home games.
    2/ Blackburn are brutal and if Pool get a couple of early goals it could really take the sting out of the game.

Bet should still be good but not gonna lump on this one. Possible in-running lump if Pool need a winner and playing into kop. Pool on handicap looks best here.

Yardie wrote: »
    There are two key reasons for Pool getting so many corners:
    1/ Bellamy and Downing on the wings. Stats are much lower when Kuyt starts.
    2/ They haven't been putting teams away so usually need to press for 90 minutes. Man U, Arsenal, Spurs usually kill teams on corners when chasing a goal too so well worth monitoring in play. Arsenal for example had over 10 corners in 2nd half against Villa tonight.

So looking at your bet, the two things that would worry me are:
    1/ Blackburn get very few corners so you'll be looking for Liverpool to get around 10 corners. They have done so in 4/8 home games.
    2/ Blackburn are brutal and if Pool get a couple of early goals it could really take the sting out of the game.

Bet should still be good but not gonna lump on this one. Possible in-running lump if Pool need a winner and playing into kop. Pool on handicap looks best here.

Cheers for that, I haven't taken any of them yet, was just posting up an example of the markets on offer too Mike,

Agree with everything you have pointed out too, i'd imagine suarez wins a fair amount of corners too with that trademark run to the byline and the turn 90 degrees and run for the post thing he does!

Cheers for that, I haven't taken any of them yet, was just posting up an example of the markets on offer too Mike,

Agree with everything you have pointed out too, i'd imagine suarez wins a fair amount of corners too with that trademark run to the byline and the turn 90 degrees and run for the post thing he does!

No worries man. There is gonna be serious opportunity for the corners in Pool games if they continue with this system. Blackburn being such weak opposition is my main worry.

You are dead right about Suarez, it will have to be monitored how Pool are affected by his absence on the corner front.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

over 2.5 goals 4/5 once caldas junior game,last match ended 3-2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

seanhynes wrote: »
    over 2.5 goals 4/5 once caldas junior game,last match ended 3-2

Followed you in there, got evens. How has there not been a goal here yet!

ridculous!! once 1 goes in the floodgates will hopefully open!

yes thats a nice time for the 1st to go in!:)

• Advertisement

Your testing the gods patience there with "in play" talk, its forsaken round these parts

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement