Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭De Dannan

Macronelf wrote: »
    Betting on Liverpool at home is easy money :D

It is when you lay them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Napoli/Monpeiller double and a small Fulham single for me

Montpeiller miss last min peno to ruin my night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

stingerro wrote: »
    Last night Yardie sent me a Bookings & Corners guide for idiots, so here is mine pathetic attempt of replacing him in that area:

1) Liverpool over 8.5 corners against Fulham (2.10). :mad:

2) Liverpool (-4.5) corners againt Fulham (1.90). :mad:

3) Everton under 5.5 corners against Stoke (1.66) :mad:

4) Chievo vs Roma under 9.5 corners total (2.0) :D

5) Gijon (-1.5) corners vs Villarreal (1.925) :D
    2 out of 5, I am not Yardie (yet...). When I saw Liverpool line up and Henderson & Kuyt on wings it was clear two pro Liverpool bets are going nowhere. And I missed Everton bet with one corner, for whatever reason (meaning: Pullis is even more negative than Moyes) Stoke allowed Everton to win 5 corners before HT. Hopefully will have a time to try something tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

stingerro wrote: »
    2 out of 5, I am not Yardie (yet...). When I saw Liverpool line up and Henderson & Kuyt on wings it was clear two bets are going nowhere. Hopefully will have a time to try something tomorrow.

Hard luck stingerro, good to have you back though!

Hard luck stingerro, good to have you back though!
    I am playing some really tiny stakes, so it's more of learning process, than hoping for some big wins. But will keep publishing it, as it maybe help somebody as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,879 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Ajax v VVV-Venlo

Im thinking of Ajax to win by 4 or more goals @ 6/4

Yes they are against a team fighting for their life but Ajax are just on another level compared to VVV. Ajax need a point to secure the league but its their last home game and I reckon de Boer will go all out to win in style

My only worry is VVV have a neck of scoring (just look at their away stats)

what ya think Infor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Chelsea are 2.40 on PP for the FA Cup and I'd say will be about the same for the following league game at Anfield I'd imagine prices for both will be up by Saturday so a double on Chelsea DNB for me I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

mike65 wrote: »
    Chelsea are 2.40 on PP for the FA Cup and I'd say will be about the same for the following league game at Anfield I'd imagine prices for both will be up by Saturday so a double on Chelsea DNB for me I think.
    they will be fatigued by that point and concentrating on the cl final. They may put out a complete reserve team for the league game if 4th is out of reach and can qualify for cl next season by winning this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,879 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Anyone know who the ref is for the Seville v Betis match?

Headshot wrote: »
    Anyone know who the ref is for the Seville v Betis match?
    Delgado Ferreiro, one of the most lenient Spanish referees - http://pl.soccerway.com/referees/carlos-delgado-ferreiro/101385/

• Advertisement

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Here are my bookings/corner ideas for Wednesday:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]1) Chelsea – Newcastle: No bookings before 34 minutes (1.83). Both teams have pretty good disciplinary record, especially when David Luiz is not playing. And Mark Halsey is the referee, he is averaging less than one card per game in 1st half. Nothing interesting regarding corners.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]2) Bolton – Tottenham: Another very important game. I was considering under 3.5 bookings, because of Muamba history, but Mike Dean is quite harsh, so it's a risk. Better bet is over 12 corners (Asian), as both teams have positive record going over 12 total in their games this season (odds 1.85). Plus Tottenham should have more width than recently, with Rose replacing Assou-Ekotto and Parker sitting out, with Lennon replacing him and going to right wing.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]3) Barcelona – Malaga: Barca to win corner battle by 5 or more corners. It happened 12 out of 17 league games at Camp Nou, bet365 pays 1.95 for it.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]4) Zaragoza vs Levante: Very important game for both teams, as Zaragoza is still fighting to avoid relegation and Levante still can dream about CL spot. Both teams are getting around 60 booking points per game and referee is averaging 6 yellow cards every game. Draw is a poor result for both teams, so basically during whole 90 minutes we should see high intensity. So over 6.5 in game like this at 1.90 is a decent bet.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]5) Athletic Bilbao – Real Madrid: I did look into cards, but from what I saw I am not very convinced by opportunity here, despite card happy Teixeira Vitienes working as referee. So imo it's better to look at corners – Bilbao only 4 times this season lost corner battle at San Mames. Plus they've beaten Real last 3 times, despite it being 12:2 in goals for Real. So Athletic winning corner battle at 1.95 looks good.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I didn't have time and willingness to check out leagues like Eredivisie and Ligue, so feel free to do it. I did check Serie A, but didn't see anything interesting. Like I said before, at the moment it's more of a study for me to understand it better, as I never did it before myself. So be careful with betting and good luck, if someone decide to use it. [/FONT]

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Macronelf

Chelsea are going to be playing a reserve team tomorrow imo. No way they're risking anyone before the cup final.

Tempted to put a sneaky bet on Newcastle, but think it'll be a draw

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Macronelf wrote: »
    Chelsea are going to be playing a reserve team tomorrow imo. No way they're risking anyone before the cup final.

Tempted to put a sneaky bet on Newcastle, but think it'll be a draw

Seriously doubt that. Securing CL qualification is FAR more important than a domestic cup. Expect Chelsea to put out their strongest 11

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Chelsea -1 6/5. Just seem to be on an amazing run at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

treble:
    Under 3.5 in Jurmala v Ventspils (Latvian league)
    Under 3.5 in Daugava Riga v Liepajas Metalurgs (Latvian league)
    Ajaccio or draw
    @ 2.77

Jurmala v Ventspils: 2nd vs 3rd, these games usually go under 2.5 goals, Ventspils haven't scored too many goals this season and Jurmala are in good form.

Daugava v Liepajas: Liepajas are one of the top 3 teams in Latvia along with Ventspils and Skonto. Daugava only lost 1-0 vs Skonto and 2-0 vs Ventspils. Liepajas have failed to score in their last 2 games.

Really fancy Ajaccio to win, Sochaux are woeful at the moment and they're missing some important players, Ajaccio are usually strong at home and were very unlucky not to win their last home game, they totally dominated that game, the double chance should be pretty safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

Lasagna,

are you a full time pro punter?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

treble:
    Under 3.5 in Jurmala v Ventspils (Latvian league)
    Under 3.5 in Daugava Riga v Liepajas Metalurgs (Latvian league)
    Ajaccio or draw
    @ 2.77

Jurmala v Ventspils: 2nd vs 3rd, these games usually go under 2.5 goals, Ventspils haven't scored too many goals this season and Jurmala are in good form.

Daugava v Liepajas: Liepajas are one of the top 3 teams in Latvia along with Ventspils and Skonto. Daugava only lost 1-0 vs Skonto and 2-0 vs Ventspils. Liepajas have failed to score in their last 2 games.

Really fancy Ajaccio to win, Sochaux are woeful at the moment and they're missing some important players, Ajaccio are usually strong at home and were very unlucky not to win their last home game, they totally dominated that game, the double chance should be pretty safe.

Riga coach has been fired after fixing allegations, hope the players go on and destroy Daugavpils now, awful awful side.

Anderlecht are an absolute banker for this evening, Gent are resting players for the more important Kontrijk game the weekend.

Anderlecht have big names returning, including Mbokani

Asian (-1) @ 2.1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Anderlecht are an absolute banker for this evening, Gent are resting players for the more important Kontrijk game the weekend.

Anderlecht have big names returning, including Mbokani

Asian (-1) @ 2.1

I am waiting on Anderlecht for a double after Brugge yesterday, but I would advise caution with the handicap bet, I can see this being close.

Although @ -1 Asian it looks good actually, at least you can get a push :)

Formation wrote: »
    Lasagna,

are you a full time pro punter?

Lol no, I'm just a student who's addicted to betting :o

• Advertisement

Riga coach has been fired after fixing allegations, hope the players go on and destroy Daugavpils now, awful awful side.

Which team is it Daugava Riga or Daugava Daugavpils? they are two different teams.

kryogen wrote: »
    I am waiting on Anderlecht for a double after Brugge yesterday, but I would advise caution with the handicap bet, I can see this being close.

Although @ -1 Asian it looks good actually, at least you can get a push :)

Anderlecht can pretty much wrap up the title with this win, and as said Gent are without a few, should be an easy win imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭De Dannan

Think Chelsea will be going for it tonight. win could put them into top 4
    surely thats their priority with no guarantee in champs league final
    dont think fa cup final will distract them from above priorities

Chelsea -1.5

Which team is it Daugava Riga or Daugava Daugavpils? they are two different teams.

Indeed,

As I said, Riga coach has been fired afaik, but Daugavpils are even worse for fixing, I really wouldnt bother with these leagues unless you already know the results.

http://www.baltictimes.com/news/articles/23943/

Indeed,

As I said, Riga coach has been fired afaik, but Daugavpils are even worse for fixing, I really wouldnt bother with these leagues unless you already know the results.

http://www.baltictimes.com/news/articles/23943/

oh yea I remember that, it was Dinaburg Daugava and they purposedly lost vs an Estonian team in the Baltic league, now Dinaburg have been renamed Daugava Daugavpils. My bet is on the other Daugava team, hopefully it will be a low-scoring fixed game then :)

Going to do a small accum later

Athletico Madrid 1/3
    Lyon 8/15
    Feyenoord 4/11
    Mallorca 10/11

Anderlecht can pretty much wrap up the title with this win, and as said Gent are without a few, should be an easy win imo.

This is where my limited knowledge of Belgian league system comes into it for me, why is the Kortrijk game more important to Gent? They have already beaten them in the playoffs (away from home 4-1)

Anderlecht have won 2 games in the playoffs
    Gent have won 2 games in the playoffs

Can you explain it a little for me?

This is where my limited knowledge of Belgian league system comes into it for me, why is the Kortrijk game more important to Gent? They have already beaten them in the playoffs (away from home 4-1)

Anderlecht have won 2 games in the playoffs
    Gent have won 2 games in the playoffs

Can you explain it a little for me?

I haven't looked into the logistics, sorry.

Just going on what their coach has said and is doing :

http://www.kaagent.be/actueel/1/02-05-2012/voorbeschouwing-en-selecties-rsc-anderlecht-kaa-gent

Unfortunately I don't speak double dutch :(

• Advertisement

Unfortunately I don't speak double dutch :(

Haha, me neither, google chrome auto translates
    05/02/2012
    Preview selections and RSC Anderlecht - KAA Gent
    Round 7 of Play Off 1 leads our Buffalo's direction Constant Vanden Stock stadium RSC Anderlecht party leader to make it. The suspensions Bernd Thijs and Jesper Jorgensen happens somewhat battered, especially also because Tim Smolders and Cesar Arzo the necessary rest were prescribed. Kicking off at 20:00 and you can race all stages live via our website.
    Preview
    Nothing or nobody seems to RSC Anderlecht of title to land, that was concluded last weekend of play. The locals, however, began laboriously to the Playoffs with a draw at home against Kortrijk and later was a real pando ring of a reborn Racing Genk (1-3). Club Brugge could now look at 1 point of the leader and Genk was regarded as a challenger. Anderlecht apparently enough to awaken, as calculated against those two competitors they put the finishing touches. After a narrow but vital 0-1 win over Club Brugge followed a demonstration in the field of Genk (0-4). The Limburg back off, and as Club Brugge lost in Ottenstadion suddenly the gap was 7 points.
    Meanwhile knibbelden the locals there are three points back from, so no champion Anderlecht on Wednesday can be. This could possibly be the case next weekend, when they are visited by ... Club Brugge. The title at home suits against its biggest rival, who would not dream about? But then there must first be extracted from the Buffalo's, so no lack of motivation tonight with the troops of Ariel Jacobs.
    If Buffalo should not look too much into the statistics of recent years, because they are not exactly flattering for the visits to the Constant Vanden Stock Stadium. We have already returned to Ghent in 2000 for the last victory there, when Ole Martin Archangel and Ivica Dragutinovic Brussels title party postponed. Anderlecht is by far the Ghent team that gathers the most difficult points. Even though it is often exciting and equal upward matches, but the locals usually succeed to the sheet to itself to attract.
    Moreover walked Bernd Thijs and Jesper Jorgensen in the clash with Bruges against fifth yellow cardboard, making them both a schorsingsdag serve should be. Cesar Arzo played with a lot of pain to the shoulder and was prescribed rest, like Tim Smolders. Gent will be so with a completely new society took office, that other guys get the chance to prove themselves. Anderlecht coach Jacobs has little worry, he just misses the injured Olivier Deschacht and the suspended Marcin Wasilewski. Sacha Kljestan and Dieumerci Mbokani return from suspension and thus there again.
    All phases can match Wednesday evening from 8:00 p.m. live via our website. Click here to view the live report.
    Bet on tonight
    On our Facebook page you can specify what results you expect: profit, a draw or a defeat? Click here to bet on tonight in your giving.
    RSC Anderlecht - KAA Gent in the last 10 seasons
    2011-2012: 3-1
    2010-2011: 3-2 / Play Off 1: 4-1
    2009-2010: 1-1 / Play Off 1: 4-2
    2008-2009: 2-2
    2007-2008: 2-1
    2006-2007: 1-0
    2005-2006: 3-0
    2004-2005: 2-0
    2003-2004: 2-0
    2002-2003: 2-2
    2001-2002: 2-0