Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

QPR to score 2 or more goals @ 10/11 (boylesports)

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

I like the unders in Leicester v Forest. Leicester poor form at home and forest just not scoring. I'm thinking of putting it in double with wright-Phillips wincast.
    Will wait to see QPR team before doing so.
    Went with Wright-Phillips wincast, under 2.5 in Leicester Forest and over 1.5 in Espanyol v Mirandes.
    € 5 on at c.9/1

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭oconnon9

QPR team v MK Dons: Kenny, Hill, Derry, Gabbidon, Bothroyd, Mackie, Buzsaky, Young, Wright-Phillips, Macheda, Ferdinand

Strong team, Hughes looking for his first win, players will be looking to impress their manager, at home to a league 1 side. Looks a solid bet to me at 4/5.

Just checked there and QPR are 1.78 on betfair, checked earlier and they were 1.91!

Also like the above bet of QPR to score 2+ goals at 10/11, nice find!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Football Matches
    Betting In Running
    Millwall v Dagenham & Red
    17th of Jan 2012 7:45 pm
    Win-Draw-Win
    Millwall @ 4/9

Football Matches
    Spanish Copa Del Rey
    Espanyol v Mirandes
    17th of Jan 2012 8:00 pm
    Over/Under 2.5 Goals
    Over 2.5 Goals @ 5/6

Football Matches
    FA Cup Matches
    QPR v MK Dons
    Team Goals in Match
    QPR to Score 2 or more goals in the match @ 4/6

Football Matches
    FA Cup Matches
    Bolton v Macclesfield
    Win-Draw-Win
    Bolton @ 1/4

Football Matches
    Betting In Running
    Leicester v Nottm Forest
    17th of Jan 2012 7:30 pm
    Over/Under 2.5 Goals
    Under 2.5 Goals @ 15/8

€5 returns €80.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

QPR to win the corner count @ 5/6 looks nice to me with PP, although the stats say MK Dons average more away (5.6)than QPR at home (4.6) my bet is based on standard of opposition and hopefully the Huges factor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Both teams to score in the Espanyol v Mirandes game @ 2.15 looks a good bet, Espanyol conceded in their 2 home games against 2nd division opposition and Mirandes scored in all 4 games against Primera teams.

Yes!! Get in!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

any views on the madrid-barca game tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Shane St. wrote: »
    Surely QPR at home against MK dons is decent bet at 4/5.

Not pretty at all. 1st and last time I'll be backing QPR this season. Awful awful team

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

UDAWINNER wrote: »
    any views on the madrid-barca game tomorrow?

I'd go with Barca. I know their dropping points and struggling esp away from home this season, but as I said b4 the last classico they just have this pyschological edge over Madrid. Madrid just can't play against Barca. I'll be backing Barca to win and maybe a bit o barca -1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

They got there in the end, as did St. Mirren. Leicester were the only cosy ones that I had

• Advertisement

Brighton are 7/5 away to Wrexham tomorrow night. Surely a no-brainer at that price?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

€7 treble for weekend

arsenal v man u - H @17/10
    man city v spurs - D @5/2
    bolton v liv'pool - A @8/13

returns 106.86

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Espanyol @ 2/5
    QPR @ 4/5
    Bolton @ 1/4
    Millwall @ 4/9
    Leicester DNB @ 3/10

€5 Accumulator came in @ ~5/1

Only posting due to the absolutely amazing finish to the Espanyol game, Losing by 2 with five minutes to go and score three goals to come back and win. Success!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Voltwad wrote: »
    Brighton are 7/5 away to Wrexham tomorrow night. Surely a no-brainer at that price?

worth a punt,although they have been giant killers before:pac:

seanhynes wrote: »
    worth a punt,although they have been giant killers before:pac:
    Hopefully there's nothing left in their arsenal :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Chateroux v Metz

Both teams to score - NO (7/10 StanJames/Bwin)

This bet has come in 3/5 times in Chateroux last 5 home matches and 5/5 in Metz last 5 away.

Both sides are solid outfits, Chateroux average 1.2 goals per game at home, concede an average of 1 goal at home. Metz have been fantastic in defence away from home. They only concede an average of 0.6 goals per game however they struggle to get goals away from home as well, average of 0.6 scored.

I'd recommend a small stake on this.
    Angers v Troyes

Angers to win to nil (9/5 PP)

Angers home form: W L W L W
    Troyes away form: L L D L D

Angers have conceded 4 in the last 5, 3 of these came in the one match against a team 4th in the league, the other goal coming against 1st in the league. They've kept 3 clean sheets in the last 5.

Troyes have yet to win away in the league and have only scored 2 in the last 5 matches. They've failed to score on 5 occasions in their 9 away matches.

Definately worth a small stake

• Registered Users Posts: 53,930 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Lads is the boca game postphoned tonight? Flash score says it is but that's unreliable

• Registered Users Posts: 23,846 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

thought that qpr goal would never come

barca for me tomorrow as well 13/8
    that's another price i quite like :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,930 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I like the Barcelona to Come From Behind and Win 10/1

Fancy a repeat of the last match

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Haven't backed Barca since October, its been going well so far, haven't lost a cent on them

• Advertisement

double post

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

cant find other sports tips but kohschleiber in the tennis,back him to win against the serve,broken each time,sayin no more

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Lads anyone know A-league soccer? Sydney vs Perth on in the morning. Perth are 3/1 to win. Both records are poor but Perth's is slightly better. In their last 5 they've won 2 drawn 2 and lost 1. Sydney have lost 4 of their last 5. Both have scored 9 and conceded 14. Is there something funky going on with Perth and them odds? I'd def back both teams to score.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

hefferboi wrote: »
    Lads anyone know A-league soccer? Sydney vs Perth on in the morning. Perth are 3/1 to win. Both records are poor but Perth's is slightly better. In their last 5 they've won 2 drawn 2 and lost 1. Sydney have lost 4 of their last 5. Both have scored 9 and conceded 14. Is there something funky going on with Perth and them odds? I'd def back both teams to score.

It's an incredibly unpredictable league and it's on a few people's blacklists on here.

Edit: had a look there and on paper Perth look to be serious value so watch them be bet 4-0 :P ha

The last 2 selections I had had in the A league based on stats did not come up, seems to be a tough league to be successful in

I'll leave it so :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,010 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

hefferboi wrote: »

Sydney have beaten them the last 5 times they've met and they're at home. I don't know anything about the league really, but if you ignore that and just look at current form, Perth are looking slightly better. There could of course be injuries/suspensions that I don't know about.

I just went for Perth and wrexham double 5 euro pays around 50.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

A bit of obscurity.

At 17.00 In Saudi Arabia there is:
    Al Ansar - Al Ittihad.

Al Ansar lost all their home matches so far without scoring a single goal. 0-1/0-2 most of the times.
    In fact they lost all of their away matches as well but at least scored a goal here and there.

Odds for an away win are now @1.4 i think, but last week i noticed that at the start of their game at home against Hajer, odds were @2.62 for an away win just minutes after kick off while i had pre match odds of 1.61.

Not sure what i pick 1-0/2-0 correct score/AH or just wait till kick off and see what the odds are then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Under 2.5 in Panathinaikos v Doxa @ 2.20

Double of:
    Barcelona DNB
    Under 3.5 in Panathinaikos v Doxa @ 2.49

Double of:
    Bastia
    Angers @ 2.88

Bastia and Angers both have players who can make the difference, they're both strong at home and their opponents (Le Havre & Troyes) have a poor record away from home.
    http://www.soccerway.com/teams/france/sporting-club-de-bastia/
    http://www.soccerway.com/teams/france/angers-sporting-club-de-louest/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement