Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Low bar back squat form check

• 01-12-2011 8:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭

SO I havn't got to practice this one as much as I'd liked due to work but I think I'm getting the hang of it. I'm focusing on keeping my knees out, tryed bringing my toes in a bit and have fixed my hand positions. How does it look like I'm doing?

This is me @ 76kg squatting 100kg. This is my second work set as camera wasn't focused for the first one so went again.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Foot position looks miles off.

Not the best camera work to tell with, but practically speaking they look alright like.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

You're foot position looks odd to me, is the right foot ahead of the left?

The camera work makes it hard to tell.

I had to watch it twice, the shorts near blinded me to everything else the first time around :).

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Hanley wrote: »
    Foot position looks miles off.

Not the best camera work to tell with, but practically speaking they look alright like.

That's good enough for me then. The hand position tips in the other thread really helped.
    You're foot position looks odd to me, is the right foot ahead of the left?

The camera work makes it hard to tell.

I had to watch it twice, the shorts near blinded me to everything else the first time around .

Hmm when I'm watching it it nearly looks like the left is in front of the right. Towards the end anyway. And don't be lashing out just cause you're jealous of my awesome shorts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭Thud

your feet placement looks to be a bit off left is pointed a bit to far in right a bit to far out (from camera view behind you), you should try to have them in line/pointing same direction as your thighs, it might be causing that left right wobble in your knee as you squat

Shorts are pretty ridiculous too and are prob taking 10kg off your squat

Advertisement