Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding myself

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 ldee

eat some pasta
    say the rosary
    sleep with a foreigner.....

that's what julia roberts thought me.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

huh? how did julia roberts think you???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 scum01

I would say to get out of Europe for a start, some of mainland Europe is very culturaly rich but I'd be surprised if it inspired anything lifechanging. Go to Asia, and get a 'culture-shock'. Do the touristy **** and then get off the beaten trail and spend some time in small towns/villages. Definately changed my outlook on things. Also your $$ will get you alot further/longer in Asia than in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭mickrock

Finding yourself is an internal journey to know who you are beyond name and form.

You silly sods!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Go to India and backpack. About €600 for return air ticket and visa, maybe €150 for vaccinations and then €20 a day (more than enough; reduce that to €10 if you stay for a longer time in some nice place near a beach in Kerala).:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

A gentle Oiled finger gently delving into your love star whilst fapping off.

Wait . What ?
    Apt username is apt.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Be careful, you may not like what you find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

<Standard found myself but eventually lost myself because I forgot to exchange addresses post>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 scum01

I think the key is to stay away as long as you can if you get gone. Coming back to Ireland was depressing and it continues to get more and more depressing everyday. I went over 3 months without hearing the word 'recession' and without hearing people constantly complain about how bad they have it bla bla bla.

What i'm really saying is if you go to India/Germany/Asia/North Pole and find yourself, do your 'new self' a favour and dont come back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I'm still finding myself......at home! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Uthur

Wherever you go, there you are! ;)

Advertisement