Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lions Tour 2013 travel/accommodation/ticketing queries

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Volvic12

Hi Lads,

Just looking for some advice.
    My mates and I (about 4-6 of us) are looking to head over to the Lions Tour next year.

We were looking at packages but they seem very expensive. We would have no problem organising the trip (flights,accomodation, transfers etc.) by ourselves but our big problem is tickets. Anyone have any advice as to the best way to acquire tickets for these games - ideally looking to go to 1st and 2nd test and maybe catch a midweek game too.

Appreciate any help anyone can give

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Have you contacted the Lions Offical tour website about just getting tickets?
    http://www.lionstour.com/home.aspx

Or did you contact the Australian Rugby Union about ticket availability for the tour?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Have you contacted the Lions Offical tour website about just getting tickets?
    http://www.lionstour.com/home.aspx

Or did you contact the Australian Rugby Union about ticket availability for the tour?

i have contacted the ARU as to when tickets for the indivual games come on sale and got an email back stating that no date has been set yet.
    I am just interested in the test tickets mainly as i am already in oz and dont need to go on any tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 TCorcoran

i have contacted the ARU as to when tickets for the indivual games come on sale and got an email back stating that no date has been set yet.
    I am just interested in the test tickets mainly as i am already in oz and dont need to go on any tour.

me and my mates have been planing on going and from what I saw this evening tickets can only be purchased for individual games from Australia via a few different sources, ticketmaster au etc. People traveling to Australia on the tour have to buy these package from the likes of weloverugby.com and the official lions tour web site. These deals that are all inclusive and very very expensive!! :mad: 18th of feb 2013 tickets go on public sale I think.

http://www.rugby.com.au/News/NewsArticle/tabid/1699/ArticleID/7251/Default.aspx

We are planning on flying into Brisbane and getting the second test then heading south for the third test roughly abt 2 to 3 weeks and with ethiad the flights are only 1180e ex dublin. If anybody has any advice about how to get around or places to stay things to do etc would be much appreciated. We were and still are thinking of renting a car / suv and couch surfing with as many people as we can etc etc Just trying to do it as cheaply as we can and have a bit of an adventure along the way.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Prince Humperdinck

We (3 of us) have booked flights with Malaysian airlines out of Cork on June 26th to Melbourne. Booked internal flight Mel to Syd with Virgin Blue on July 2nd and home again on July 8th. Hotle in Mel, couch in Sydney. Can't wait. Match tickets are the big issue now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

Just got discounted flights that I couldn't turn down, now to plan everything else!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mderobo

Just found tickets on viagogo.co.uk. Prices seem reasonable but i'm unsure as to whether these tickets are legit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mikepeace

Hey, there are some accommodations discounts available, just google the following: british lions travelwheels campervan hire 10%

Advertisement