Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭BOB81

Would also be very interested in views on the endorphin pro 3 - am doing my long runs in brooks glycerin at the minute and am thinking about a lighter shoe for the marathon (although the one I'm signed up to isn't until next spring, so plenty of time to break them in). Been listening to a few podcasts recently about supershoes for non-elite runners, and them still giving some benefit (seemingly a smaller benefit as race pace declines) - would be curious as to anyone's real life experience on this..

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭MisterJinx

I love them. The midsole for me is just perfect, soft but responsive. The upper is very light and overall it's a fast shoe. I'm on my second pair. They are a joy to run in.

HOWEVER, I get a blister on my right heal from them (both pairs). The heal counter is a bit aggressive, I actually stretch it out and then it is fine. Happened on my first pair and doing the same with my second pair for this marathon. It could be my anatomy or sensitive feet but there you are. The first pair are on over 300k now and well broken in and no issues at all what so ever with them after that initial stretching out of the heal.

All the reviews I've seen have this as one of the best for non-elites but from everything I've seen it would seem that all super shoes come with some sort of caveat around comfort or fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭py

Got about 400Km from Endorphin Pro 3. Only been using them on sessions or long runs. Enjoyable shoe to run in. Took me a while to get used to how to tie the shoe laces as they don't need to be very tight at all and the tongue is minimalist. I've come from the Ghosts where the upper/tongue has more cushion on it. I'll likely pick up another pair soon to keep just for races as they lose their bounce after a while. Plenty of video reviews out there on YouTube that are worth watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Any Nike fans?

Vaporfly 3 vs Invincible Run 3 vs Zoom fly 5

Heard Zoom Fly suction can cause issues on a wet road?

Is Invincible Run 3 too soft in the sole? Don't have a shop with them to try on for size

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭shano_88

I'm waiting for Black Friday to pick up a new pair of runners, currently only using the Novablast 3 which I love but aiming to pick up a new pair of "race runners".

Currently eying up the Magic Speed 3 or the Endorphin pro 3s mentioned above but I've only ever worn Asics so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭FinnC

Vaporfly 3 and Invincible Run aren't really comparable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Arrived at them from a point of view of high stack height and neutral, for long distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭CR 7

Haven't tried the vaporfly 3 yet but the grip on the vaporfly 2 I've found quite good even in very wet races. Zoom fly 5 I have found to be fairly slippy in the wet, mine are well broken in and no real improvement on wet tarmac. They're fine on a wet track though. The previous versions I've tried were the same (3 & 4).

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

Anyone used 21run.com?

They have Adios pro 3 for 169e. Are they reliable seller? Trust pilot shows 2.6 of 5 stars so not great really. They are based in Netherlands. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭sk8board

haven’t use that site sorry. top4running have them for €171, which I’ve used before. Seem to be deals on it for sure.

what are peoples thoughts on the Adios Pro 3 as a flat-out marathon racing shoe?

have always used the vaporflys (v2 currently) and fancy a change. Running around 3-3:10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭robnet77

According to the Test Runners (a youtube channel), the Endorphin Pro 3 softens up significantly after 100 km. I'll probably look for something more durable which does not compromise speed too much.

Is anyone having problems with boards.ie?

Anyway I just ordered a pair of Adidas Takumi Sen 8 from startfitness.co.uk for 90€ something, plus for the first order there was a 10% discount, so paid 81 euro something.

Delivery is 10.95, not very cheap but I guess it's fair. The website has good ratings on trustpilot.

before Brexit, startfitness was by far the most popular site for Irish runners online. definitely a legitimate site yep

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

Regarding start fitness.. if you use code fordyruns you get a 10% discount.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Be careful with startfitness. Orders to here don't include VAT or import duties so make sure you factor that in when buying from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭winstonia

These are back on sportsshoes for £153. Not sure of the exchange rate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭py

Saucony Endorphin Speed 3 (men's) are going for £115 on sportshoes.com right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭marathon2022

I found them to be very unresponsive, if anything it feels like there is little or energy return. My legs and especially hips felt battered after sessions wearing these. I put 70 miles on mine then retired them

I'm unable to quote messages for some reason.

Thanks for the advice with startfitness, unfortunately I had already proceeded with the order, hopefully any extra charges won't be too bad :(

• Advertisement

Ordered, thanks. Looking fwd to trying a super shoe that doesn’t have a swoosh to see how they go.

Unfortunately I had to pay 26 euro of taxes for the Tekumi 8 I ordered from startfitness.

I don't think I'll be using that website again...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,029 ✭✭✭✭event

Yeah one of the issues with ordering from the UK unfortunately

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Vaporfly 2 for 160 euro from SportPursuit. Delivery looks to be another €5. They say on their website that UK and EU customers pay no extra duty or customs so €165 should be all in.

https://www.sportpursuit.com/catalog/product/view/id/3251187

https://www.sportpursuit.com/catalog/product/view/id/3060024

• Registered Users Posts: 9,654 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Yep...I buy loads of stuff from SportsPursuit.... there's no hidden extra charges (although delivery times can be long enough but this is transparent when purchasing)

Which Vaporfly 2 colour (from the 2 available) should resist stains better?

What I mean is, is it the midsole or the upper which gets stained more easily?

Also, now that many elite runners have switched to Vaporfly 3, is anyone waiting for Black Friday's discounts on the newer model?

The vaporfly 3 is objectively a better shoe every key way over the 2.

once it eventually goes on sale, I’d say expect everyone to jump over from the 2.

I got the 2 in that €112 Nike.com sale last Black Friday, which makes it a nobrainer vs the 3, but defo worth keeping an eye for a sale on the 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭marathon2022

I promised myself I wouldn't buy any more shoes this year, I've 2 pair of alphafly 2, one with less 50 miles and a pair of vaporfly 2 with about 100. Still useable Nike zoom fly, Hoka Mach 5, saucony speed 3 ( worst Saucony speed ever) with 70, Saucony Triumph( love these) and a pair of floatrides for grunt work.

I know a lot of runners around these parts have even more but I'm not even running 30 mile weeks lately so most of these don't see daylight.

Saying that if the vaporfly 3 goes on sale black Friday I will 💯 buy them. The misses will kill me but **** it.

Advertisement