Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭marathon2022

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭ariana`

• Registered Users Posts: 10,447 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

I'm a 9.5 in Saucony/NB but 10 in Nike/Adidas. Dunno which ones are 'true to size' 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭cullenswood

I'll be interested to see how you get on here. Keeping an eye on maybe getting a pair of these, and am a 44 also in Asics.

I usually found the need to go a half size up with Asics.

Have you seen any bargains for the Speeds?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭mrshopkeeper

I will keep you updated. I'm eagerly awaiting delivery. https://www.365rider.com/en/road-running-shoes/10208-saucony-endorphin-speed-2-running-shoes-blue-white-aw21.html

Price varies depending on size. Your experience re Asics sizing cullenswoood might be reflected by the sizing converter on the 365rider website. They have a function that suggests an equivalent size of the brand your about to buy vs the brand you currently wear and they suggested to go down a size if switching from Asics to Saucony. I duly ignored this recommendation in favour of the wisdom of swashbuckler, marathon2022 and ariana.

o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Anyone recommend a daily trainer with a 10-12mm drop?

I usually would have gone for a lightweight lower drop shoe like Kinvara, but Physio advises something with a higher drop, any recommendations, not too heavy preferably.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

I have recently finished up a pair of Brooks Ghost 13. They have a 12mm drop. Very comfortable. I put up 870km (540miles) in them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Thanks, used those before and were quite good, that was version 6 though, probably changed a bit since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Slideways

I’m on my fifth pair of New Balance 1080. The heel cup isn’t for everyone but IMO they are a great volume trainer with decent durability

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭mrshopkeeper

They arrived today. Won't get out for a test-drive until Wednesday but tried them on. I need all of the size 44, if anything they are smaller fitting than the Asics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭ariana`

That's interesting, I've only the recently purchased my first pair of asics in a long time, I got them in the same size as my Endorphin Speed and I find them a bit more snug than the speeds. But then my speeds are the original, you have probably got the 2nd generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Cheers for the update on that. I was thinking of going for the 43, but will definitely go for at least a 44 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Train in Vain

I wear a 4 in Nike and and a 4.5 in adidas. Any advice on what I should opt for in a pair of Fuelcell TCs? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭Wottle

Like you, I need to go up a size for Adidas. My experience was that new balance is similar to Adidas but actually with the fuel cell elite I ended up going with my usual Nike/hoka size.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Depends on what Adidas shoe and what year.

I previously had to go up a half size in the Adizero range (pre-2019), but the new Adizero Pro, Adios and Takumi Sen I have found TTS.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Train in Vain

I wear a 4.5 in the Ultraboost 19 and older ones too. I wasn’t conscious the sizing has changed - interesting, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭racersedge

Spotted the New Balance Elite 2’s in this colourway in Kildare Village for €154. Might be is use to someone. After my own recent experiences with New Balance, I’m grudgingly walking away from them! (Although I’d much prefer them in the purple!)

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭davegilly

Was there a good range of sizes down there? 10.5 I'm looking for, bit of a drive only to find out they don't have my size!!

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭racersedge

They had about 16-20 boxes of them underneath it. Don’t know if they would have in the back stockroom. Honestly I didn’t pay that much attention to size. I think for giggles I tried on an 8.5, but found that like my failed attempt on the 1080’s, it was too snug.

Not sure if they have a phone number that you could get in touch with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭athlone573

I usually wear Kayanos but got a pair of Magic Speed in the lifestyle sports sale.

So far so good... I wore them on a recent 1k repeats session and they felt about 10seconds a km faster than the kayanos. Nice and light, but I won't be using them in the rain or on grass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mary 2021

;

Just call into your local shoe shop and try a few pairs on from the well known brands such as Nike and Adidas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Just ordered a pair of Endorphin Speed 2 from 365 Rider, they are priced at €151 which is a great price but I managed to get another €15 off, probably as a first time purchase so they only cost €136.60, very happy with that ! Oh, and free delivery !!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,034 ✭✭✭✭event

Looking to get a new daily trainer. I usually overpronate but not sure that makes much different. I've always been intrigued by the ON range, are they actually any good or do they just look different?

Can get the On Cloudswift for €120 in my size in Elverys.

If they are all hype, anything else anyone could recommend?

I already have a paid of Endorphin Speeds for racing and Wave Inspires for anything over 13/14 mile so looking for a daily trainer for training for around 10k or half marathon. A budget of around €120 be it really

• Registered Users Posts: 35 volkswagon1973

Looking for a new pair of vaporfly next percent looking to know if anyone came across any good discount or price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

220 for the Next % at the moment on Nike's site with all sizes available

I usually get kayanos for around 120/140 euro either from the asics outlet or elsewhere online

This was in reply to @event@Event Elephant: Alan

As the quote/reply functionality isn't so easy to use on mobile.

Had a pair of asics years and years ago and found my toe eventually came through them un the toe box. But they may have changed. I actually live close to an asics outlet store, might be worth a visit. Thanks

That happens on a lot of shoes. If you keep your toenails cut or wear thicker socks maybe it helps. Although for me usually the sole wears bare at 500km or so, so relegated to house slippers.

• Advertisement

And my toes naturally point up which isnt great. Asics the only ones it ever happened on but that was 9 years ago.

Cheers all

Advertisement