Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just working on my blog...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Is that crowd of hosting folk any use Stefan? I'm keen to migrate after last nights debacle. My Pingdom app was driving my iPhone crazy last night.

Those issues like you saw last night have been happening more frequently recently. Problem is, if I migrate my data I need to point my domain name servers to the new host, meaning more downtime as DNS follows the sun (not that it matters considering the visit count to my tiny little site haha!).

I can't be bothered paying to transfer my domain with that crowd. Is there anyone decent that allows free domain transfers with hosting packages?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Is that crowd of hosting folk any use Stefan? I'm keen to migrate after last nights debacle. My Pingdom app was driving my iPhone crazy last night.

Those issues like you saw last night have been happening more frequently recently. Problem is, if I migrate my data I need to point my domain name servers to the new host, meaning more downtime as DNS follows the sun (not that it matters considering the visit count to my tiny little site haha!).

I can't be bothered paying to transfer my domain with that crowd. Is there anyone decent that allows free domain transfers with hosting packages?

I was on to letshost this morning for another issue and asked about transferring a .co.uk domain. Its not free with them but seems like a decent deal.

A quick snippet from my chat
    The cost is €9.99 + VAT for the .co.uk transfer, and this will renew the domain for 2 years
    The cost to register a .co.uk domain is €9.99 + VAT for 2 years as well, so there is no 'extra' charge to transfer it

So its not free but you are getting 2 years registration for free with the transfer.

Steve SI wrote: »
    So its not free but you are getting 2 years registration for free with the transfer.

So in essence, if my domain were to expire in 2017, by transferring it to that crowd I'd have my domain transferred and it would expire in 2019?

If it doesn't work like that with those lads then I may as well just re-point the name servers. Cheers for looking in to it for me though, appreciate it. :)

So in essence, if my domain were to expire in 2017, by transferring it to that crowd I'd have my domain transferred and it would expire in 2019?

If it doesn't work like that with those lads then I may as well just re-point the name servers. Cheers for looking in to it for me though, appreciate it. :)

No prob.

Contact them and find out about it. I'm sure it would go to 2019 as otherwise its just silly to offer the 2 years.

I did a bit of research on Blacknight and found the following:

http://www.carlowpeople.ie/news/carlow-tax-defaulters-appear-on-revenue-commissioners-list-2881702.html

https://twitter.com/#!/bkenny/status/162525581244764160

Don't think I'll be going near them, especially after customer details were leaked online today.

That crowd you recommended look sound. Problem is, my hosting with 123-reg is not up until July. I guess I could always use it as storage.

We'll see, maybe the issues will disappear. Whatever happens, I'll look elsewhere in July, if not before if it becomes unbearable.

• Advertisement

I did a bit of research on Blacknight and found the following:

http://www.carlowpeople.ie/news/carlow-tax-defaulters-appear-on-revenue-commissioners-list-2881702.html

https://twitter.com/#!/bkenny/status/162525581244764160

Don't think I'll be going near them, especially after customer details were leaked online today.

That crowd you recommended look sound. Problem is, my hosting with 123-reg is not up until July. I guess I could always use it as storage.

We'll see, maybe the issues will disappear. Whatever happens, I'll look elsewhere in July, if not before if it becomes unbearable.

Yeah, I left Blacknight a few years ago as I wasn't really happy with the service and I run a few important things through my web hosting and they didn't like fixing stuff at 4am and wouldn't give me access to the server to fix it myself. And when I say important stuff I don't mean the sites and blogs in my signature :rolleyes:

To be honest with you Pyongy, your blog is your baby and our view into your crazy shmuppy mind(which I believe works as below).

Buy one less shmup this month and move your blog over to a better host. You'll be happier in the long run :)

HAH! Thanks for the off the wall video! Nice choice of game. :)

I'll take a closer look at that crowd for hosting. Gracias!

HAH! Thanks for the off the wall video! Nice choice of game. :)

I'll take a closer look at that crowd for hosting. Gracias!

No prob.
    Any excuse to brush up my rusty video editing skills :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Steve SI wrote: »
    Yeah, I left Blacknight a few years ago as I wasn't really happy with the service and I run a few important things through my web hosting and they didn't like fixing stuff at 4am and wouldn't give me access to the server to fix it myself. And when I say important stuff I don't mean the sites and blogs in my signature :rolleyes:

To be honest with you Pyongy, your blog is your baby and our view into your crazy shmuppy mind(which I believe works as below).

Buy one less shmup this month and move your blog over to a better host. You'll be happier in the long run :)

Expect a wave of racist abuse by North Koreans for calling that video Pyongs Mind on Teh Tube :D

Ok so they don't even know what youtube is, but still

Kim Jong Un is quite the gamer apparently. I wonder if he's ever played a Darius game?

Might be for the best if their military propaganda is anything to go by. They might end up actually building a 1:1 replica of King Fossil!

Actually, remember the life size Gundam that was built a couple of years ago? The same folk should do a King Fossil 1:1 build for a Darius anniversary in 2016. 4 years is long enough to build it if they start now! :)

Champ.gif

• Advertisement

Latest review I just posted. This time it's for Ketsui Extra on the XBOX 360.

Hope you like it. :)

http://www.pinkbullets.co.uk/blogs/ketsui-extra-review/

Somehow (Lord knows how or why) I've hit the 100 subscribers milestone on my YouTube channel that I set up to compliment my blog.

Here's a little invitation I've put together to mark the occasion. Hope to see some interaction from any YouTube users here for this video! :)

Gotta love it when you discover that Wil Overton reads your blog. :)

https://twitter.com/Kosmikat/status/239001616521498624

...oh and then finding out Wil Overton follows you on Twitter!

oJ4On.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

E3Xe7.gif

I've admired Mr. Overton's artwork long before his days at Super Play.

That was my reaction too. :)

Advertisement