Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow

Options
  • 25-11-2011 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭

Alright if you want snow this Christmas I'll have to go away and order it, there should be no problem over getting it as our neighbouring countries might even pay us a few picocents per flake to take theirs and there should be plenty to go around as snowing capacity has been increased in recent years by the weather crowd.

How much snow do you want this Christmas 158 votes

No snow, it upsets my life and I have trouble dealing with it
    0% 0 votes
    No snow, don't like it for some other reason
    13% 21 votes
    Very gentle layer of snow for 1 day - Not enough for a snowman
    3% 5 votes
    Day or 3 of light snow. Just enough for the kids to play with
    5% 8 votes
    Less than 1ft of snow, clearing after 3-5 days
    11% 18 votes
    ~1ft of snow, staying at least a week
    5% 9 votes
    More than 1ft of snow staying till new year, most roads closed
    10% 16 votes
    3-5ft of snow in most places, lasting until the kids go back to school
    3% 5 votes
    Up to most first floor windows covered, lasting till middle of January
    8% 13 votes
    Most houses covered, escape only through the roof, lasting till February
    2% 4 votes
    'Day after tomorrow' style snowpocolypse
    6% 10 votes
    Atari
    31% 49 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

eth0 wrote: »
    Alright if you want snow this Christmas I'll have to go away and order it, there should be no problem over getting it as our neighbouring countries might even pay us a few picocents per flake to take theirs and there should be plenty to go around as snowing capacity has been increased in recent years by the weather crowd.

or you could just go away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Anyone who wants snow this year has something wrong with their brain.

After power cuts in our area last christmas day. Snow can f*ck off this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I know a guy that can sort you out OP. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭cml387

You should see the Weather forum.They're having a collective nervous breakdown because the snow hasn't arrived yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Azureus

orourkeda wrote: »
    Anyone who wants snow this year has something wrong with their brain.

After power cuts in our area last christmas day. Snow can f*ck off this year

I had no power cuts, I could walk to and from work (an hour each way almost killing myself, but fecking worth it!) and I have heating in my house this year as opposed to none last year. Im dyin for a bit of snow!!

Doubt we're gonna get it though, even the Austrian ski resorts are still green-crazy mild weather this year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

no snow this xmas unless you're having your party at charlie sheen's house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Azureus wrote: »
    I had no power cuts, I could walk to and from work (an hour each way almost killing myself, but fecking worth it!) and I have heating in my house this year as opposed to none last year. Im dyin for a bit of snow!!

Doubt we're gonna get it though, even the Austrian ski resorts are still green-crazy mild weather this year!

Thats just wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

I don't care as long as me water doesn't freeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Handy11

We won't get heavy snow this winter. You heard it here first, folks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

Snow can melt for all i care!
    There I said it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Snow way that poll is specific enough.

yay for snowpocolypse! \o/

aside from anything, all the new insulation in the house and the heat lamp in the attic above the water tank connected to a froststat will be going to waste if we don't get snowed in. :)

having said that, we've ended up unexpectedly actually moving house next week so all that winter prep is going to benefit someone else instead anyway. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

The snow and ice fycked up my life last year (and to a lesser extent, the year before) so I want a nice mild winter this year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Its snow joke if we get a heavy fall of the stuff!
    It makes a right balls of driving and slouches into the costs of getting kids to school and shopping!
    Its enough to raise people's temperature - not lower it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

You put a lot of effort into that poll!

Don't fancy any snow this year. It outstayed its welcome last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Yay snow! Bring it on.
    Suits me more than that stupid hot sun of the summer that everyone else usually clammers for.
    Ever tried throwing a sunball at someone? No, you can't and that is why snow is better.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,982 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Feckin snow can flake off somewhere else:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

If you have a big log fire in a well insulated home then snow is da biz. If you get home into a freezing cold badly insulated impossible-to-heat freezehole having fell over on the way home then it's not as fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭JohnnyTodd

I hope we get tonnes of it. I ll be abroad :)

• Advertisement

Morlar wrote: »
    If you have a big log fire in a well insulated home then snow is da biz. If you get home into a freezing cold badly insulated impossible-to-heat freezehole having fell over on the way home then it's not as fantastic.
    ditto. :)

when you're well prepared for a snow in it's great. i'm all for alaskan style winters and a mini-ice age personally. once people get used to the idea and prepare properly for it, it's great fun. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Good man eth0!

Lots of snow, happy kids and stunning photographs.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Option 1 but with this little change:

No snow because other people can not deal with it.

Mostly thinking of traffic, public transport etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

OldGoat wrote: »
    Yay snow! Bring it on.

You called ? :cool:

Day after tomorrow' style snowpocolypse i need some cinemphotgraphers and couple of helicopters and well do an irish version of the art of flight :D

Snowboards need with back country experience..... :cool::D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

As long as it doesn't affect flights it's all good by me. (Grrr.)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,982 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Good man eth0!

Lots of snow, happy kids and stunning photographs.

...of your granny's two feet sticking out of a snow-drift after she's been missing for a week.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭cosmicfart

hope its snows like a muthafúcker this year, ill be well prepared for a nice 2 week snow holiday this time if it does come :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭EarlyStorms

I can’t see this year being a severe winter, I have to say ill miss the snow. Last year it made getting into work an adventure and I was getting off early to start my Trek home. I also bought a huge parka last month that I've had no use for so far so yeah bring it on I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

None over the Xmas, it'll make Xmas even more of a pain in the arse than it already is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭lcrcboy

Id love to get a load of snow this year, but so far its been so mild does anyone here know what the weather guys are predicting for December?

Advertisement