Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You Nostalgia, you lose - *Don't Quote the pictures!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

toco123 wrote: »
    Morbegs

God damn, I'm gonna be singing the theme tune to this for the night now! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭CountryJoe

The old RTE 1 closedown was the business !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

MTVYoRaps.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,652 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

000833.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTq07dDK8BYfVELKl2PI41YlCD_YEB6C6RkEJf39KIusFtnlm42x2k34wNn

DAYTOOOOOONNNNNAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Hard to get a good picture to represent this but anyone play "Tip the Can" or something like it when they were younger? Some derivitives I have heard of below:

Kick the Can
    Pom Pom Home
    Pom Pom Policio
    Bulldog

We used play this for hours of an evening! Ah, the innocence...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kick_the_can

20 odd years ago when we used to play this, my identical twin brother had already tipped the can and was cycling around the play area waiting for the game to end. I was still hiding, so my brother jumped off his bike beside the bush I was in, gave me his jumper and I jumped on this bike and cycled right past the "it" person and "freed all". The whole place went mental! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭D1976

:D

Remember Action League?!

tumblr_lhrc1e3AuL1qeiktco1_500.gif

Meltman is the one that stands out to the me most.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,707 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

P1065129.jpg

P1065133.jpg

P1065128.jpg

TitanusLooseComp1a.jpg

MMPR_Dinozord_Ultrazord.jpg

250px-Bogus.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Furby.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Mars Bar wrote: »
    :D

Remember Action League?!

Meltman is the one that stands out to the me most.

:eek:

What about:
    The FLESH!
    He's super strong.. And super naked!

CMpunked wrote: »
    :eek:

What about:
    The FLESH!
    He's super strong.. And super naked!

Jeez yeah, I can hear the voice in my head now.
    That would never be allowed on telly these days with the PC Brigade!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

I used to love these chocolate cups

chocolatecups77878thumb.jpg

Yeah.

Actually - I remember one of the first games I played with speakers was Discworld. There's this thing where if you leave the game idle, Rincewind, the protagonist of the game does this:

Freaked the hell out of me to hear that voice coming from nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭D1976

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

ralph-macchio-bald.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Gronkosaurus

KelloggsRiceKrispiesKonverters_PopsHovercraft.JPGKelloggsRiceKrispiesKonverters_CracklesSpaceJet_Koverted.JPG
    KelloggsRiceKrispiesKonverters_SnapsRacingCar.jpgKelloggsRiceKrispiesKonvertersPopsHovercraft_Konverted%20(3).JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Donerkebab

ben10.jpg&w=364&h=406&ei=OeElT7GWMtCWhQf1pZzlBA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=320&vpy=161&dur=1092&hovh=237&hovw=213&tx=150&ty=130&sig=116841180929945675779&page=1&tbnh=125&tbnw=112&start=0&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0

• Advertisement

Donerkebab wrote: »
    ben10.jpg&w=364&h=406&ei=OeElT7GWMtCWhQf1pZzlBA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=320&vpy=161&dur=1092&hovh=237&hovw=213&tx=150&ty=130&sig=116841180929945675779&page=1&tbnh=125&tbnw=112&start=0&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0
    Ah, the memories of a good drunken night out! :D

PS: fyp ;)

ben10.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

One of the best animated shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Anyone else have one of these. The kind Salesman in Peats convinced my mother to buy one instead of a Spectrum in 86 for xmas. Bastard. Either way, good times were had.:D

atari800xl.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Pacifist Pigeon

Bebo.png

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭spirit_77

• Registered Users Posts: 11,652 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

LEGO%20google%20logo.png

pic4806DEE9-4456-4570-94E5-FE57DC75EC7A.jpg

LegoMan.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭EddyC15

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    Lego pics.

A kid I teach told me today that he got new Lego. I was impressed and asked him "What'll he make with it?". He told me that it was "Hero factory Lego." and that you can only make one character out of it.

I was appalled. I remember the days when I used to build a rocket and five minutes later I'd dismantle it and create a pirate ship, then a helicopter, then a garage, and on and on...

Classic Lego, RIP

EddyC15 wrote: »
    A kid I teach told me today that he got new Lego. I was impressed and asked him "What'll he make with it?". He told me that it was "Hero factory Lego." and that you can only make one character out of it.

I was appalled. I remember the days when I used to build a rocket and five minutes later I'd dismantle it and create a pirate ship, then a helicopter, then a garage, and on and on...

Classic Lego, RIP

Sad days when they actually manage to take the imagination and creativity out of Lego!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Classic Lego, RIP

That kind of Lego has been around since I was a young fella, ie for more than ten years :pac:

Have a huge amount of what you'd call 'classic' Lego pieces, but I know that young me would love to have the new stuff coming out to mix and match... Mad to dig it out of the attic now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Classic Lego, RIP
    I was looking for some Lego not long ago. Could only find the set's where you can only build the one thing like the kid you talked to. Would love a proper set again :(

Advertisement