Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2011: Round 19 - Brazilian Grand Prix

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Trampas wrote: »
    Ronaldo is huge

Poor lad has a proper medical problem, ain't down to laziness.

Here we go, hopefully there'll be a shower at some point. :)

I'd say Button really can't wait til they all have to stick on the mediums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Some pass by alonso

Racing incident between Schumi and Senna as far as I could tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Investigating investigating investigating, what happened to the old days when a coming together of two cars was just a racing incident.

• Advertisement

Dusty87 wrote: »
    Some pass by alonso

Odd how much quicker he looked when behind Button, he's not got amazing pace now he's past him.

amacachi wrote: »
    Odd how much quicker he looked when behind Button, he's not got amazing pace now he's past him.

McLaren just said theres no problem with the car:confused:
    Looked too easy.

Button in early?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Anyone else watching it on bbc1 hd, the picture quality at times doesn't look great.

Button said before qualifying he wasn't happy on the softer tyres which is why I was surprised he got P3.

No need for that penalty for Senna IMO. Slightly more his fault but not worth a penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Surely Senna does not deserve a penalty for that indecent.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Anyone else watching it on bbc1 hd, the picture quality at times doesn't look great.

Picture broke once or twice just before the race other than that it looks good.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Heavy handed penalties like that are strangling the racing in my opinion.

amacachi wrote: »
    Button said before qualifying he wasn't happy on the softer tyres which is why I was surprised he got P3.

No need for that penalty for Senna IMO. Slightly more his fault but not worth a penalty.

No, no need for that. DC is raging id say:rolleyes: MB said he had it as a racing incident.

Heavy handed penalties like that are strangling the racing in my opinion.

At times there is need but they seem a bit trigger happy this year. Anyone else think the same??

• Registered Users Posts: 30,070 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Hope there's a bit of rain

Penalty for Senna probably consistent with penalties earlier in the year

• Registered Users Posts: 30,070 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Lucky wheel didn't bounce over barrier on to race track

Lucky wheel didn't bounce over barrier on to race track

Very.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Vettel told to "short shift, every corner, every lap." It's not looking good for his gearbox. But I have to wonder why the Red Bull team are happy for everyone else to hear that?

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Penalty for Senna probably consistent with penalties earlier in the year

Yes, it's certainly consistent with many of the other ludicrous penalties they've handed out this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Am i the only one who thinks RB are setting Webber up for a win. Expect gearbox problems to clear up after the pass.

• Advertisement

lord lucan wrote: »
    Am i the only one who thinks RB are setting Webber up for a win. Expect gearbox problems to clear up after the pass.

Had thought about this myself, they seemed to be over exaggerating how they were telling him about it. Normally if there was a problem they would try to give as little away as possible over the radio to stop people like Alonso getting a sniff of a place.

Could be interesting with Button and Alonso towards the end.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Would be suprised if that was the case myself. Webber has said before he'd rather take the position from Vettell than be gifted it.

Red Bull are exaggerating a bit I think about Vettel's car, if only to give Webber the win and also give Alonso some false hope.

Don't get the early stop by McLaren there at all.

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Hasn't been a great race so far unless there is a 10 car pile-up I don't see that changing :pac:

Feel the same way myself, there was so much talk about rain that I feel a little cheated that it didn't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,045 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Lol, anyone hear Brundle say "over to Lenny" at one stage when they were getting dome info from Kravitz?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

Would be suprised if that was the case myself. Webber has said before he'd rather take the position from Vettell than be gifted it.

As Webber is unlikely to achieve the win single-handedly, he'll very happily take the gift. I certainly can't see him handing it back to Vettel before the chequered flag.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Not the best Brazilian GP or season ender.

• Advertisement

F1 forum is gone "temporary fault" :(

Advertisement