Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Adverts

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Niles wrote: »
    The street scene is Rathdrum Co. Wicklow.

That's a serious eye. I thought it'd be somewhere mad like Roscommon, not down the road from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

:eek: Not the immersion.

'tis a mortal sin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭smallBiscuit

Like the song!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

Maybe those of you who think this is crap are too young to remember the times. Always amused at the way he looks at the dishco as he passes, thinking, "I'll be off my trolly groping some young wan on there later tonight"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭the scrote

FOR FCUKS SAKE,WHO LEFT THE FCUKING IMMERSION ON

sorry da i only put it on 5 mins ago,

YA DID IN YER BOLLIX THE FCUCKIN THINGS HOPPING HERE

• Advertisement

Anyone remember an ad from (I think) the same era for butter, had children running through fields, with Paul Brady's "Follow On" for music? Doesn't seem to be on Youtube. (The same song was played over footage of Clinton's visit to Ireland by RTÉ news back in 1998. Yeah I know, I've a tendency to remember fairly random, unimportant things).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

It's just lazy 30-something advertisers remembering shít from when they were kids, hence Henry Hippo and all that other crap from 20 odd years ago is recycled. Lazy besterds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

It's just lazy 30-something advertisers remembering shít from when they were kids, hence Henry Hippo and all that other crap from 20 odd years ago is recycled. Lazy besterds.

Harsh. Anyway, most of us are 40-somethings now.

Nothing wrong with a bit of nostalgia in my book... Besides, it could be worse, they could have come up with Jedward turning on the Christmas lights or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 526 ✭✭✭7Sins

Is that the gay guy from TV3?

It is, you can imagine the arguments and fighting that christmas when he brought Tarquin around for dinner, so depressing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 526 ✭✭✭7Sins

I thought I was the only one with a prejudice against 30 somethings. I'll be cool when I'm 30...I hope :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

The auld fella is some prick. He didn't say a word to his son during the entire car journey home, I guess he's still pissed off his son didnt take up the family farm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

The da's probably pissed off at the son because of his Tv3 career and 'alternative' lifestyle.
    She looks way too old to have spawned in the preceding two decades.
    Crappy electric hob in a gaf like that? I don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

Yeah it's really a John McGahern novel in miniature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Niles wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with a bit of nostalgia in my book... Besides, it could be worse, they could have come up with Jedward turning on the Christmas lights or something.

Or Jedward getting burnt to a crisp from a power surge on a wet cable. Please, oh, please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭gigino

it would suit the ESB better to bring down the price of the F****ng electricity we have to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

Ah i like it. I remember it being on when i was small!!

As others have said it is better than some crap with jedward or some one walking around half naked or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Surely that auld granny is dead now? She was almost dead in that ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Howzit depressing? It's lovely.

It's depressing when you have no proper home to go to like the ***** in the ad.
    The song is a major downer.
    Also, when Alan eventually comes out to the old pair, you know they'll make strange with him and things will never quite be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭mistermouse

They'd have liked to run it for a few years but couldn't as the Green Party were in Government. Its now alright to turn every appliance on again...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Rushwan

It was filmed in Rush & Lusk Station

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

The Nicorette ads strategically placed from Stephens's Day on. The opportunistic guilt trippin bastards :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,936 ✭✭✭✭anewme

The-Rigger wrote: »
    The song is a major downer.

No Way!

Dusty Springfield -"Going Back" - Great lyrics, an amazing song!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

anewme wrote: »
    No Way!

Dusty Springfield -"Going Back" - Great lyrics, an amazing song!

Ah yea it's great, she's great, but I find the song a bit of a downer.

Advertisement