Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trains being painted with ads

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Awful looking IMO but each to his own and I suppose that it generates some revenue - perhaps some of it could be used to provide a waiting facility on Platform 5 at Connolly for Rosslare line passengers? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

Brilliant/old idea, but absolutely wasted on a semi state that drags a couple of hundred million out of the tax payers/IMF pockets every year.

This is a classic example of a poorly performing Semi-State trying to establish its position in Corporate Ireland. I find it kind of sad that their business is a fecking disaster and yet they continue to act as if they have a right to be alongside the bigger and better performers that are in the private sector.

Epic Fail. My own small business has more cred than these subsidised, historically dependent tossers. Its easy when you have a bail out!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭dowlingm

They should wrap a Mk3 set or some Alstom DARTs and park them in a siding which can be seen from the road or a busy commuter platform :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,345 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Why in that DART video, the train is approaching Connolly then in 1 second later it is reversing, seems a little pointless. Don't mind the music though , but they should have it quieter in the background.

I was on that DART from Seapoint to Dun Laoghaire just by complete surprise. The next company could be LUAS next before all we know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,476 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Why in that DART video, the train is approaching Connolly then in 1 second later it is reversing, seems a little pointless. Don't mind the music though , but they should have it quieter in the background.

I was on that DART from Seapoint to Dun Laoghaire just by complete surprise. The next company could be LUAS next before all we know it.

becuase the video reverses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Mr.S wrote: »
    Luas have already done it:)

Yeah, Luas had at least one tram with an Ikea interior on all the seats.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

DWCommuter wrote: »
    Brilliant/old idea, but absolutely wasted on a semi state that drags a couple of hundred million out of the tax payers/IMF pockets every year.

This is a classic example of a poorly performing Semi-State trying to establish its position in Corporate Ireland. I find it kind of sad that their business is a fecking disaster and yet they continue to act as if they have a right to be alongside the bigger and better performers that are in the private sector.

Epic Fail. My own small business has more cred than these subsidised, historically dependent tossers. Its easy when you have a bail out!

How does a thread about a train's livery transform into a critique of the owners' company business credibility?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

dfx- wrote: »
    How does a thread about a train's livery transform into a critique of the owners' company business credibility?:confused:

Very easily if you have a giant chip on your shoulder!

dfx- wrote: »

Its actually very simple. Would you like me to explain it to you?

I won't take the bait. I'll just report the post.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Its actually very simple. Would you like me to explain it to you?

No thanks. Iarnrod Eireann's business credibility or viability is about 50,000,000,000,000th on my list of interests. Somewhere behind the rate of emulsion paint drying on a rough surface and the growth rate of grass in the Phoenix Park. I clicked on a rare (for me) rail thread hoping, that being about a painted train, it would be a safe haven from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Drimnagh Road

I have to admit to been naive on this one, for a few seconds I thought that the train reversing was for real.

I was thinking to myself typical for the driver to overshoot the platform when there's a cameraman about and then to reverse without authorisation thinking nobody noticed.

But once it didn't stop by the mirror I was like, gosh you got me that on that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Drimnagh Road

whoops, double post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Infracted for trolling

Infracted for attacking the post, not the poster.

You both know better at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,301 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Third thread merged in.

Advertisement