Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange Phone Call

Options
  • 21-11-2011 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

So I just got a strange phone call there. A man calling himself Brian Clarke rings me from a blocked number, says he found a blue envelope with my name, phone number and a previous address of mine on the side of the road. Unsure of what to do, I gave him a forwarding address.

Sound weird no? Any experience with anything like this?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Why didnt you meet him somewhere? Now he knows where you live if he is a weirdo. Nice knowing you, M.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Brian? Oh he's sound, nothing to worry about.

Legit as fuck, that guy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

you gave a stranger your address? so he could forward a copy of your old address that he found??

what a scam

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

He's sending you money. Send me your bank details and I'll prove its authenticity.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Yeah Brian Clarke rings me all the time, lovely fella, sound ould trout and salt of the earth!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

So looks like you are about to be murdered, what music would you like played at your funeral?

(Like seriously, who puts a phone number on envelope they are sending)

Why would your phone number be on the outside of an envelope?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭mkegvn

Relax lads, I said I gave him a forwarding address, I didn't say it was mine.

Yea the number on the envelope is where alarm bells rang. I was thinking maybe the bank are coming after me or something ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

He probably has some of your info and now just stealing the rest of it. He's just borrowing your I.D. for a while, dont worry bout it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

What shade of blue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

You should meet up, you might have a gay old time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

You think he's a bailiff?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

If it's a blue envelope you're fine, it's the green ones you should watch out for...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

mkegvn wrote: »

Yes weird, your name number and address, ring the guards.
    Yea the number on the envelope is where alarm bells rang. I was thinking maybe the bank are coming after me or something ;)

A call from the bank this late, doubtful.

You think he's a bailiff?

No, I was kidding about the bank bit.

No, I was kidding about the bank bit.

Oh you....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

It has to be the TV license inspector.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Brian Clarke aka Fingers Clarke aka The Butcher. Wouldn't worry too much, the last of the Blue Envelope victims was fine..... what was left of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I go through all the trouble of stalking you and
    putting all your information into one file and this
    guy just sweeps in and steals my victim!

Back to the drawing board.

Haha! Yer a gas bunch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

/strokes chin

Anal rape. For sures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Brian Clarke was a dick, a private dick. He'd grifted some rubes in his time but this mkegvn character was a classic A1 patsy. He'd fallen for the oldest con in the book, the old blue envelope switcharoo.

Now, armed with this putz's address he was ready to make the deal with Big Guns McGettigan. He didn't like dealing with Big Guns, the guy was a rat through and through. But sometimes a flatfoot had to do what a flatfoot had to do and this gumshoe knew which side his bread was buttered on. Especially when there was a dame involved.

And what a dame! Eyes that cut like diamonds and legs that went all the way to the floor. Sheila knew everything about everyone and was no good for nuthin' but she was all woman and Brian Clarke knew he couldn't leave her high and dry like a string of salami when the tide when out. McGettigan didn't want to hurt her - he just wanted Clarke to play hardball. And Clarke was going to show him he could play the hardest balls in the business.

Which is how he wound up standing on the street outside this schmuck mkegvn's place. A blue envelope in one hand, loaded piece in the other, Clarke approached the door and grimaced. McGettigan was going to get his pound of flesh one way or the other and Clarke was going to pound some flesh himself when he got Sheila back to the rundown old beat up place above the liqour store that he called home.

This was going to be some night....... in the distance a saxophone played long and hard. Clarke cocked his piece and rang the bell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

So I just got a strange phone call there. A man calling himself Brian Clarke rings me from a blocked number, says he found a blue envelope with my name, phone number and a previous address of mine on the side of the road. Unsure of what to do, I gave him a forwarding address.

Yes I have experience with phone calls. Sounds like you figured it out OP. Congrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Why would someone put your phone number on an envelope?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

So he has your name, address and phone number..
    If this clark lad ever discovers phone books we're all screwed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭cock robin

Clarke the knife up to his old tricks again. Will he never learn, even after several ohms of treatment temptation rears its ugly head again :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

maybe its a BROWN envelope and you're in the money...

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭dollyk

He,s fly tipping, and needs to leave an address just in case .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

WE TRACED THE CALL. IT'S COMING FROM YOUR HOUSE. GET OUT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

OP are you still alive ?

Advertisement