Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SRT and Punter

Options
  • 18-11-2011 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭

While SRT struggles to score his 100th 100 it seems that Punter can't score a run nowadays....another duck today for Ricky:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

It is written on stars that Sachin should score his 100th century on his home ground. ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    It is written on stars that Sachin should score his 100th century on his home ground. ;)

I remember the same being said about Lord's....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

While it will be fitting if SRT scores his 100th 100 in his beloved Mumbai methinks he will make it against his favourite opponents Australia later this year:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Could be all over for Ponting, if he fails in the next innings:(

Aus 31 for 2 chasing 310.....Punter to play his greatest test knock ever today??

• Advertisement

booth70 wrote: »
    Aus 31 for 2 chasing 310.....Punter to play his greatest test knock ever today??

104/2.....The past and the future of Australian cricket together at the crease......This is getting really interesting:)

145 for 3 at the close with Clarke and Ponting n.o......Khawaja getting out evens things up a bit.....With 2 walking wickets due to come in at 6 and 7 this partneship will decide the match tomorrow....Punter looking very good indeed:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

145 for 3 at the close with Clarke and Ponting n.o......Khawaja getting out evens things up a bit.....With 2 walking wickets due to come in at 6 and 7 this partneship will decide the match tomorrow....Punter looking very good indeed:)

Made me chuckle!!

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Zatman

wouldnt call Mr.Cricket a walking wicket and this is sort of game he can grind out a score

TrueDub wrote: »
    I remember the same being said about Lord's....

What is so special about Lords ;)

Just a cricket ground, Mumbai is Sachin's home place :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

What is so special about Lords ;)

Just a cricket ground, Mumbai is Sachin's home place :D

I meant that I remember everyone saying how amazingly fitting it would be when Sachin scored his 100th hundred at Lord's. It didn't happen. It might not happen in Mumbai either.

Oh, and Mumbai's also just a cricket ground, same as every other one! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Well Ponting and then the Aussie Tail did fantastic, Ponting (Can't bring myself to call him his nickname) got 60 odd and Johnson got 40.

Such a shame it was only a 2 test series, would have been a fantastic 5 match series. Oh well.

TrueDub wrote: »
    I meant that I remember everyone saying how amazingly fitting it would be when Sachin scored his 100th hundred at Lord's. It didn't happen. It might not happen in Mumbai either.

Oh, and Mumbai's also just a cricket ground, same as every other one! :D

No. Place where God was born can't be just a cricket ground :cool:

Imo, Century at Mumbai would be great, would be epic script playing 20 odd years and scoring your 100th 100 in the place where you learnt the sport.

Flat as a pancake in Mumbai....if WI are 267 for 2 and likely to make 500 plus I wonder what India will make....I reckon Sehwag will make another triple century and SRT may not get a bat at all!!!!:)

Some sublime TEST cricket in South Africa followed by some mind-numbingly boring stuff in India:mad::mad:

Still...It will probably take another whooping for India this winter in Australia before the BCCI does something about the state of the pitches in India:mad:

Some sublime TEST cricket in South Africa followed by some mind-numbingly boring stuff in India:mad::mad:

Still...It will probably take another whooping for India this winter in Australia before the BCCI does something about the state of the pitches in India:mad:

:D

Do you think it will happen? No way. We have got our asses spanked in 1999 but we didn't even bother changing the pitches in India.

First 2 test pitches were good, result oriented. This is flat, dead pathetic pitch. No wonder we struggle to produce any genuinely quick bowler. Who wants to do all the donkey work only to get spanked all over and see spinners getting all the wickets. Surely I wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Cremated

And Sachin grinds his way to another century on a roadway, and he's got away with a dolly drop by the keeper,

all in all, I won't be celebrating this century very much, it's a pity they had to bat on a road for him to get it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

Do you think it will happen? No way. We have got our asses spanked in 1999 but we didn't even bother changing the pitches in India.

First 2 test pitches were good, result oriented. This is flat, dead pathetic pitch. No wonder we struggle to produce any genuinely quick bowler. Who wants to do all the donkey work only to get spanked all over and see spinners getting all the wickets. Surely I wouldn't.

Pitch is designed solely for the purpose of Sachin getting his 100th 100 in his home city. its made for an awful test match.

Id rather they produce a better pitch so Varun Aaorn on debut could get a bit of confidence. he seems to have potential also. two pluses of this series are the the two young fast bowlers that have been blooded in test cricket.

they should have played in England ahead of Srinath and RP Singh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Ill pop up now with my customary questioning of how good Tendulkars stats would be if he had been playing his cricket somewhere other then they sub continent.....

And run away as I get attacked :)

:)SRT should be odds on favourite for the Lifetime achievement award on BBC sports personality this year.....

.....they gave it to David Beckham FFS a few years ago!!!:rolleyes

...................................................................................................................
    SRT.....33 runs from attaining immortality......It's not a question of if but when:)

• Advertisement

Like I said before it will happen in Australia:)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Absolute silence when Sammy caught it:)

Possibly more runs already than the entire 1st or 2nd test in SA? 914/15 so far.

If he gets out for 99 next time I'll start to believe maybe its not going to happen ever:(.......that'll be something.... him stuck on 99 hundreds and Bradman with an average of 99

I hope he gets it in one of the tests in Australia this winter rather than in the meaningless 5 match one day series that's going to follow this test

SRT....Its not a question of if but when:)

Dhoni falls with his feet in concrete befitting of the pitch:P

Hope the Windies win this, though it'd probably take 20 days to get everyone out again.

Washout wrote: »
    Pitch is designed solely for the purpose of Sachin getting his 100th 100 in his home city. its made for an awful test match.

I dont think so. No one was sure whether Sachin would score 100 in the first 2 tests and there was hardly enough time to change the entire nature of the pitch. And Sachin dont need pitch assistance to score 100, after all he has done it 99 times :cool:
    kryogen wrote: »
    Ill pop up now with my customary questioning of how good Tendulkars stats would be if he had been playing his cricket somewhere other then they sub continent.....

His record is good in all the pitches. Maynot be this good, but still he would have been one of the greatest ever player.

Also I would like to see foreign players stats in sub continent if playing in sub continent was that easy.

We play well here as we are used to it, England played brilliantly in England as they are used to those pitches. Simple as that.

One of the greatest batsman Ponting, his record is not that good here, if batting was that easy he would have at least scored few more 100s here.

SRT....Its not a question of if but when:)

Change of tune.

Against his fav opposition, against the team he has scored max 100s :cool:

I would prefer it in SCG, where he is has superb record. Sachin Cricket Ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

kryogen wrote: »

just had a look at his home and away stats. up to July 2011 he had played 99 test away and 79 at home.

below are the stats.

Sachin Tendulkar, in tests, at home :
    79 tests, 6547 runs, best 217, average = 56.93, 22 century, 27 fifty.
    Sachin Tendulkar, in tests, away :
    99 tests, 8191 runs, best 248*, average = 56.48, 29 century, 32 fifty.

his average home and away almost identical as his conversion rate so i dont tihnk its even a question that needs answering..the stats answer it for us.

it wouldnt have made a differance what team he played in...class is class at the end of the day

below are stats for other batsman too source
    http://www.itsonlycricket.com/cricket/answers/question.php?qid=3063

Ricky Ponting, in tests, at home :
    83 tests, 6903 runs, best = 257, average = 57.52, 21 century, 34 fifty.
    Ricky Ponting, in tests, away :
    64 tests, 5020 runs, best = 206, average = 48.73, 16 century, 21 fifty.
    Ricky Ponting, in tests, at neutral venue :
    5 tests, 440 runs, best = 140, average = 55.00, 2 century, 1 fifty.

Jacques Kallis, in tests, at home :
    77 tests, 6425 runs, best = 201*, average = 59.49, 21 century, 31 fifty.
    Jacques Kallis, in tests, away :
    66 tests, 5199 runs, best = 189*, average = 53.59, 17 century, 22 fifty.
    Jacques Kallis, in tests, at neutral venue :
    2 tests, 323 runs, best = 135*, average = 57.88, 2 century, 1 fifty.

Rahul Dravid, in tests, at home :
    67 tests, 5279 runs, best = 222, average = 50.75, 14 century, 25 fifty.
    Rahul Dravid, in tests, away :
    87 tests, 7174 runs, best = 270, average = 54.34, 19 century, 35 fifty.

Brian Lara, in tests, at home :
    65 tests, 6217 runs, best = 400*, average = 58.65, 17 century, 26 fifty.
    Brian Lara in tests, away :
    66 tests, 5736 runs, best = 277, average = 60.69, 17 century, 22 fifty.

Ah yes, but does the stats take into account the amount of times India have played 'away' in Sri Lanka in particular and Bangladesh/Pakistan

The glorious uncertainties of test cricket:).....who'd have thought we'd have a final day humdinger after the cr*p that went on over the first 4 days

India need 10 to win in 3 overs...Windies need 3 wickets

• Advertisement

From Cricinfo......with an over to go

All four results plus "we flippin' murdered them" still open

Advertisement