Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leicester Tigers -v- Ulster; Welford Road; KO 6pm 19/11/11 Live on Sky Sports 1

Options
  • 18-11-2011 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭LeeroyJones

LEICESTER TIGERS
    15 Geordan Murphy (c)
    14 Horacio Agulla
    13 Matt Smith
    12 Andy Forsyth
    11 Alesana Tuilagi
    10 Toby Flood
    9 Sam Harrison

1 Marcos Ayerza
    2 George Chuter
    3 Dan Cole
    4 Louis Deacon
    5 Geoff Parling
    6 Tom Croft
    7 Julian Salvi
    8 Thomas Waldrom

Replacements
    16 Rob Hawkins
    17 Boris Stankovich
    18 Martin Castrogiovanni
    19 George Skivington
    20 Steve Mafi
    21 Ben Youngs
    22 Jeremy Staunton
    23 Niall Morris

ULSTER
    15 Simon Danielli
    14 Andrew Trimble
    13 Darren Cave
    12 Nevin Spence
    11 Craig Gilroy
    10 Ian Humphreys
    9 Paul Marshall

1 Tom Court
    2 Rory Best
    3 Declan Fitzpatrick
    4 Johann Muller (c)
    5 Dan Tuohy
    6 Stephen Ferris
    7 Chris Henry
    8 Pedrie Wannenburg

Replacements
    16 Nigel Brady
    17 Paddy McAllister
    18 Adam Macklin
    19 Lewis Stevenson
    20 Willie Faloon
    21 Ian Porter
    22 Paddy Jackson
    23 Adam D'Arcy

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Morris is unfortunate to drop out of the starting XV for Leicster imo

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Morris is unfortunate to drop out of the starting XV for Leicster imo

Very unfortunate that he's behind such quality players, but the future is very bright for him. At least Murphy's age surely means he'll be getting plenty of game time, plus it might be nice for him to learn off the bench for a while.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

That Leicester team are by no means world beaters.
    In saying that, they're at home and have a far stronger front row, so I think the'll have too much for the Ulstermen.
    Distinctly average centre pairing for Leicester though!

Actually think this back row battle will be superb.

Croft, Salvi, Waldrom are all great players as are their Ulster equivalents. It'll be very interesting to see who can win the battle on the ground (I think Ulster have a slightly more mobile pack elsewhere so that will help).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

If Ulster can get a losing BP, they're in business. Win their home games, 5 points in Italy (not an easy thing) and 3 home wins (with a BP against Aironi) will give them 20 points. Big ask to get losing bonus points in these places but if last week has galvanised them anything is possible. There's a lot of pedestrian players in the Leicester side. Nothing to fear for the northerners. Really looking forward to seeing their three quarters having a cut at Leicester.

Disappointed Morris didn't get a start but no shame being behind those lads. He has made good strides it would seem since he arrived. He's now undoubtedly ahead of Scott Hamilton who has a couple of NZ caps to his name. Good progress.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭LeeroyJones

If Ulsters' front row can hold their own against what is a superior front row then I feel Ulster have more than enough for a LBP or perhaps sneak an away win.
    Ulster should be confident in seeking at least parity in the lineouts and at the breakdown and I would fancy the Ulster backline to have a slight advantage over Leicester.
    However it could well come down to a kicking battle and Leicester's scrum could force a few 3 pointers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

I reckon Ulster could provide a shock here or at least a LBP

As someone else said, very average Leicester midfield

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

It never ceases to amaze me just how many good teams Staunton manages to get himself involved in.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Flashdean

Being a Leicester fan i obviously dream of a 5 pointer tomorrow but not confident at all!! Think we edge the front 5 but an unexperienced centre partnership could be our downfall.
    Forsyth is an exciting prospect and will replace Murphy at full back in a few years time all going well!

My prediction is a boring 15-6!! COME ON YOU TIGERS

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

Podge_irl wrote: »
    It never ceases to amaze me just how many good teams Staunton manages to get himself involved in.

He's an 80% goal kicker

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

He's an 80% goal kicker

In the premiership though!
    A good few times he's bottled in a really big game and cost a team.
    Wasps in the RDS, Leicester against LI and Bath I think it was in the Prem are good examples.
    He wouldn't make the bench for Ulster, Leinster or Munster.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

He's an 80% goal kicker

Ah I didn't really know that.

I actually quite like him as a player. He's flaky as all hell, but he's quite talented. He's certainly made the most of his limited talent in his career.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭LeeroyJones

Flashdean wrote: »
    Forsyth is an exciting prospect and will replace Murphy at full back in a few years time all going well!

Yea, great prospect... It will be nice to see him to see him nice

He's an 80% goal kicker
    and a 45% player.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

Tough game for Ulster. The scrums could be the key. Leicester also have a powerful looking bench to come on. Still, Ulster are no mugs and they're capable of playing better than they did last week. Leicester by 6pts I reckon.

Flashdean wrote: »
    Being a Leicester fan i obviously dream of a 5 pointer tomorrow but not confident at all!! Think we edge the front 5 but an unexperienced centre partnership could be our downfall.

My prediction is a boring 15-6!! COME ON YOU TIGERS

Is it just my lack of knowledge of some of the young guys or are Leicester getting a touch average in their old age? There's a lot of solid internationals in there but there's a fair few journeymen sneaking into the 22 these days.

I know Leicester were always about the 'sum of their parts' but they seem to be completely lacking any X factor this season. Some of thier leading men like Castro,Murphy and Tuilagi are a couple of years past their sell by date.

and a 45% player.

No arguements there, but he's at the best team in England to hide his defficiencies i.e. pack goes out and kills everything, Stauto kicks the penalties and throws in the occassional tackle.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Flashdean

Is it just my lack of knowledge of some of the young guys or are Leicester getting a touch average in their old age? There's a lot of solid internationals in there but there's a fair few journeymen sneaking into the 22 these days.

I know Leicester were always about the 'sum of their parts' but they seem to be completely lacking any X factor this season. Some of thier leading men like Castro,Murphy and Tuilagi are a couple of years past their sell by date.

Your completely right in saying that mate add players like chuter, deacon,hamilton and staunton to the list and it proves your point !

Its a worry down at welford rd this season and richard has started doing something about it with the likes of skivington,kitchener,twelvetree,forsyth,manu and morris coming into the team in last two years and its just a matter of mixing the old with the new im afraid! Exciting times though!

I think both teams are as good as each other. Leicester might edge it because of home advantage but it should be a seriously good game. Too bad it's on the same time as Connacht! I'll have to record it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Yea, great prospect... It will be nice to see him to see him nice

270916539_5a9c0691ef.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,210 ✭✭✭overshoot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

Niall Morris on for Tigers after 17 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Humphreys is kicking very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,210 ✭✭✭overshoot

lovly kick by humphreys from just in his own half, ulster lead 9-6. good physical match

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

Poite the muppet. Calling a forward pass against Ulster when it was level. Leicester get the scrum and then penalty. Ulster struggling in the scrums but looking good other than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Cracking game so far, Ulster playing the better rugby but Leicester pinning them back in their own half very effectively.

Tuohy continuing his good form and Marshall is very impressive.

BAH Humphreys!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Some great work by Trimble there for tackle and kick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Think we need to see D'arcy to give Ulster some sort of a cutting edge.

• Advertisement

HUMPHREYS! :(

Advertisement