Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of alcohol in pubs outside the Pale?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

The Exchange pub in waterford are selling all drinks for 3 euro,pints,bottles,shorts with mixers...the lot.
    Other pubs around town are offering 3 pints for a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Ya Op that be roughly about right here outside of dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

bryaner wrote: »

Thats why 3.5 million live outside the pale..

People live in Kabul and the Antarctic too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Therre's a pub in Letterkenny that does 3 euro pints all week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

Its 1 euro drinks in a few places in Sligo on monday night cant beat getting a triple morgan and club orange for 4 euro
    Sligo surely has to be the cheapest place to drink in the country on a regular night i can get 8 shots of jagermeister and two cans of red bull for 14 euro.
    Bottles of bud and heineken can be got for 1.80
    Pints for 2.50-3(nobody buys them cause spirits are so cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

My local in Co.Wexford does all pints for 3 euro during the winter, something bloody wonderful about going up for 3 pints and getting change back from a tenner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

3 quid a drink in the gah club around the corner. Easy to get caught out. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭mikeyboy

eth0 wrote: »

Is that the one near the bottom of the Main Street with the bits falling off of it and all the, ahem "memorabilia" inside?

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Laisurg

McChubbin wrote: »
    Fibber MaGees €2.50 drinks special nights FTW!

That's only on thursday though!

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Laisurg

Its 1 euro drinks in a few places in Sligo on monday night cant beat getting a triple morgan and club orange for 4 euro
    Sligo surely has to be the cheapest place to drink in the country on a regular night i can get 8 shots of jagermeister and two cans of red bull for 14 euro.

.....wow that is seriously cheap! if only it was like that in Dublin :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Your definatley not posting this from a holiday in Lanzarote ?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'm sure in whatever student specials pub you drink in it's like that, but not in the rest of the town or county.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

The Exchange pub in waterford are selling all drinks for 3 euro,pints,bottles,shorts with mixers...the lot.
    Other pubs around town are offering 3 pints for a tenner.

The exchange is now doing 2.50 pints on mondays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

€3 Tuborg
    €3.30 Guinness
    €4 Heineken/Carlsberg

Here in Clare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

student bars dont count! i remember my time in sligo in the pub you are talking about. in 3rd year i got sick of the place (prices were not as cheap, but still the cheapest in sligo), you can only get vomited on my a 17 year old so many times :rolleyes:

(nobody buys them cause spirits are so cheap.
    nobody buys them cause spirits are watererd down and crap! watered down!..........and students prefer shorts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cosanostra

Senna wrote: »
    €3.40 for Vodka, whisky and Gin. €3.80 pint of Guinness and €4.00 for pint of Larger, is usual in Donegal. Think the cheapest is €3.20 for Guinness.

Yeah i'd agree with senna this is pretty much the norm around Donegal although lager maybe a wee bit cheaper i would class €4 as being on the dear side

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭mongoman

stovelid wrote: »
    The higher prices are worth not having to drink in the sticks.

The low prices we pay is our reward for not living & drinking in a Kip!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Ghandee wrote: »
    Naggin in the wifes handbag.

Problem sorted.

Was in a bar in Lucan a few Weeks back, double vodka and a seven up, €13.50 :eek:

The Naggin didn't even cost me that ffs!

About time bars/clubs copped on to the fact that whilst they continue to ride us at the till, there lovely premises will remain nearly empty! (was only at the pub due to a birthday party))

Pay 13.50 for a double and 7up, then complain :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

stovelid wrote: »
    The higher prices are worth not having to drink in the sticks.

And anybody over 21 sneaking drink into pubs is utterly mortifying. I'd rather drink at home for the rest of my life.
    Gawd yeah, what would the neighbours say?! Much more honorable to have the wallet raped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Gawd yeah, what would the neighbours say?!

Probably stuff like "how did your confirmation go last week?".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Randy Anders

My local in Dublin sells Guinness for 3.65 a pint

Surrounding pubs are usually 4.10 a pint

I was appalled when I went to my relatives local in the midlands and had to pay 4.65!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,151 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

mikeyboy wrote: »
    Is that the one near the bottom of the Main Street with the bits falling off of it and all the, ahem "memorabilia" inside?

Where is this??? That was never going on when I lived there.
    Im well outside the pale (Canada), cheapest guinness i can get is $6 (E4.50ish) for a pint of guinness, plus tip!
    Even the local lagers, youre paying about the same including a tip.
    God i hate tipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

Guinness/Carling - 3.80
    Everything else - 4.00

Short & Dash - 3.80

New Ross, Wexford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

retalivity wrote: »
    Where is this??? That was never going on when I lived there.
    Im well outside the pale (Canada), cheapest guinness i can get is $6 (E4.50ish) for a pint of guinness, plus tip!
    Even the local lagers, youre paying about the same including a tip.
    God i hate tipping.

It is at the bottom of the main street like the lad said. The 3e pints is indeed its only redeeming feature but at least its not full of undesirables

What happens if you don't tip? Next time (if ever) I'm in north america again I'm going to a rake of different pubs and never giving a tip

• Registered Users Posts: 14,151 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

josie's i take it then.

You dont tip, at best you get bad looks & bad service next time your there, at worst you get shouted at and embarrassed.
    But you took the cap of a bottle, or sat a pint glass under a tap for about 15 seconds. Why should i give you a dollar extra for that???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

What happens if you don't tip? Next time (if ever) I'm in north america again I'm going to a rake of different pubs and never giving a tip

Fair enough if you are only planning on staying for one drink in each pub because don't expect to get served again without a tip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

crosstownk wrote: »
    I was in Blacklion in Cavan a few weeks back and one boozer served me a pint of Guinness for €3.30. My local in Dublin (outside the city centre) is €4.25.
    did you go into the bush bar by any chance

Advertisement