Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Team in Galway.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 813 ✭✭✭wiger toods

SantryRed wrote: »
    Would love to pick the sport up for a while! Pity football gets in my way though.

Dont let that stop you santryred, I play football too. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 813 ✭✭✭wiger toods

any updates on the team dropping bombs?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭dropping_bombs

Ya, we've gotten a load of interest i think we have something like 65 'likes' on our facebook page and I am planning to go to the college about it tomorrow. Just with exams coming up time hasn't been to easy to come by and the person that you have to speak to in regards to clubs isn't the easiest person in the world to get hold of! Hopefully we should know exactly where we stand tomorrow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Any update on the situation?

The person was off today and is expected back in tomorrow, so hopefully she'll be in and we'll get to talk to her before the exams. If there is any update on the situation I'll post something on the facebook page. But the overall plan is to have something ready for the start of next semester and the sports day in January, if that happens or not we'll have to see...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

The person was off today and is expected back in tomorrow, so hopefully she'll be in and we'll get to talk to her before the exams. If there is any update on the situation I'll post something on the facebook page. But the overall plan is to have something ready for the start of next semester and the sports day in January, if that happens or not we'll have to see...

Did you contact the IAFL showing your ambition to set up a team and get advice on what you need to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 MgarMinotaurs

I agree with tallaghtoutlaws.

It is very important to let the IAFL know that you have plans to compete in this years league.

http://www.americanfootball.ie/new-teams-sought-for-dv8s-development-league/

Closing date is the 28th of November

Ya I have contacted iafa about setting the team up, I've gotten some information back. I'm not sure if the college will allow us compete in a contact league due to insurance restrictions but I would have to confirm all of this when I meet the college officials.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Dont let that stop you santryred, I play football too. :D

Suppose I probably use it as an excuse more than anything :pac: Wouldn't know where to start if I was to play it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

What I would suggest if you guys make the transition to contact football reach out to the other teams in the league and see if any of the IAFL coaches would be willing to go over and give you guys some pointers. Trust me when I say so many teams have started up on no experience and thought they could hang in there with out some experienced coaching and failed.

Also I would suggest attending other IAFL games to see how other teams run. Including myself I know there is guys in the league with many years experience who will throw you advice or lend a helping hand.

• Advertisement

What I would suggest if you guys make the transition to contact football reach out to the other teams in the league and see if any of the IAFL coaches would be willing to go over and give you guys some pointers. Trust me when I say so many teams have started up on no experience and thought they could hang in there with out some experienced coaching and failed.

Also I would suggest attending other IAFL games to see how other teams run. Including myself I know there is guys in the league with many years experience who will throw you advice or lend a helping hand.

Thanks for this piece of advice tallaght, we will definitely keep this in mind when we transition to contact. Thanks overall for all your help on this thread it has been invaluable.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Any update today?

Nothing she hasn't been around all week so far. I'm going to head over there tomorrow and again on Monday if she's not there tomorrow. Otherwise I'm going to have to leave it till after the exams, I'm starting to get really busy!

Talk about frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭TheHumanOnion

Any update on if it would be possible for non-students to play yet? Myself and one or two mates have recently moved up here from Waterford and would definitely be interested in playing, but are not students :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭basillarkin

deisedude wrote: »
    If you get a team going leave me know, i'd be interested in joining. Never played it but would be interested!
    I play alot of rugby and would be interested also

Any update on if it would be possible for non-students to play yet? Myself and one or two mates have recently moved up here from Waterford and would definitely be interested in playing, but are not students :(

No update on anything yet unfortunately! I'll keep this forum posted on anything happening, but with exams coming up I Don't know how much will happen until after Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 seanhowley

I was following this thread and i would be really intrested in playing, any news since on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

If things suited I'd also give thought to having a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

Meeting upstairs in The Quays pub tomorrow evening from 6pm for interested parties.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/300255883358234/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭deisedude

f1dan wrote: »
    Meeting upstairs in The Quays pub tomorrow evening from 6pm for interested parties.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/300255883358234/[/QUOTE]

Just saw now. Won't be able to make it but i'm definately interested

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Picking up some speed now it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

I notice there have been a couple of training sessions going by the facebook page? How's it going so far?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

I notice there have been a couple of training sessions going by the facebook page? How's it going so far?

It's been good. About 16 or so have showed up to each of the first 2 sessions. Trying to find a suitable time for everyone is probably the hardest bit.

There's training today at 2pm, meeting at Claddagh Hall for anyone that's interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Whats the plan for matches and league your entering? I'd love to come down to watch from time to time

The training today is off, see the facebook page. Its too wet seemingly. There will be training tomorrow at 12 to make up for today's cancellation

Advertisement