Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android tablet for girlfriend

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

Might be a bit of a trek for you but pc world in naas are having a sale on the motorola xoom for €339.
    Seen it over in the bargain alerts section, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056398771

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭helios

Not to influence your decision too much, but I used to own the Acer Iconia A500. It was great for reading news, surging the net, etc, but I didn't find the app selection was very good. I ended up selling it and going back to the iPad. Otherwise, it's a great tablet and I'd recommend it over the Xoom.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Bigtoe107

I'm in college in Maynooth so Naas is not too far away, is that worth the money?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Bigtoe107

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

if you can go for the Motorola Xoom or similar 10inch running android 3 you would be better off i think.

I upgraded to the Xoom from the galaxy about 6 months ago and im very happy with it.

In my opinion the Galaxy tab 7in doesn't cut the mustard as a tablet, it feels just like a giant phone and the OS doesnt help either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

New Asus Transformer EEE is coming out in December meaning the price of the older model will drop through the floor.

They can be picked up for €350 at the moment so hold off a little bit and you may get a very good deal for yourself. (New one is going on sale at $499USD worldwide)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Thinking about buying an archos 101G9 as a present for someone for Christmas - what is the thinking on this one ?

As far as I can tell it will be upgradeable to ice cream sandwich.

Is the make model decent ?

Advertisement