Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorola Xoom - €339

Options
  • 23-09-2011 4:08pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭

I put this in the Android forum but its probably relevant here as well.

I bought a Xoom in PCWorld in Naas today and as they are having a 15% off sale over the weekend it reduced the price to from €399 to €339 which is a great price.

There is 15% off everything apart from strangely enough, Apple products!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Ballyman wrote: »
    I put this in the Android forum but its probably relevant here as well.

I bought a Xoom in PCWorld in Naas today and as they are having a 15% off sale over the weekend it reduced the price to from €399 to €339 which is a great price.

There is 15% off everything apart from strangely enough, Apple products!!

The shop makes less then 15% on Apple stuff so it's never on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

Any other pcworlds having that sale? Liffey valley?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

The leaflet that came in my door said "Naas Only" (I live down the road from it) but if you look at this thread - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056398995 - it looks like all of them are probably doing it.

Naas is probably only 10 mins in the car down the N7 from Liffey Valley anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Rang customer care, they know nothing about it. Cant get through to the Blanch or Jervis Street branches.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,048 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Was in Jervis yesterday, there's no sale on there. It's €400.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Zoltan68

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 msm

Picked up the WiFi 32GB edition in Dixons in Dublin airport last night for 289 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭giggsirish

msm wrote: »
    Picked up the WiFi 32GB edition in Dixons in Dublin airport last night for 289 euro.

Many in stock? What was the 3G version priced at?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭matzen

giggsirish wrote: »
    Many in stock? What was the 3G version priced at?

Dunno - didn't ask for stock as I only needed one. I think the 3G went for around €400.

msm and matzen. One and the same? Thanks anyway for reply

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭losttheplot

Has anyone had their original order with cpw replaced with a new order?

On Friday I got an email to say my order had been dispatched.
    But today the online status has changed to Being Processed and New Order - with no tracking link.

Status
    11 November 2011 New Order
    11 November 2011 Being Processed
    11 November 2011 Out for Delivery
    10 November 2011 Being Processed

Has anyone had their original order with cpw replaced with a new order?

On Friday I got an email to say my order had been dispatched.
    But today the online status has changed to Being Processed and New Order - with no tracking link.

Status
    11 November 2011 New Order
    11 November 2011 Being Processed
    11 November 2011 Out for Delivery
    10 November 2011 Being Processed

Which version did you get?. Only see the 32GB WiFi for €499 listed?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭losttheplot

giggsirish wrote: »
    Which version did you get?. Only see the 32GB WiFi for €499 listed?

I am having a bad day. I posted in the wrong forum - my bad. My order is for a Sony Xperia Play. :ohttp://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056444282&page=24

If I stay in this forum I might end up considering buying a tablet as well. Time to go...

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭demac

msm wrote: »

Hi there,

Good price but is it the Xoom 1 or Xoom 2 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

The heavily rumored and leaked Motorola Xoom 2 has shown up again, this time in a leaked flyer for Carphone Warehouse. The holiday-focused advertisement which Engadget has gotten a photo of (it's below) tells us that pricing for the Xoom 2 is going to run €399.90 (that's around $545) for the 16GB Wi-Fi only model. It also looks like the Xoom 2 will come with Android 3.2 rather than Ice Cream Sandwich, which is not what we were hoping for, but we'll have to wait and see. Still no word on US availability.

http://www.theverge.com/2011/11/1/2530345/motorola-xoom-2-hitting-europe-for

Not bad price wise but I'll treat myself to the new Asus Transformer Prime me thinks:)

If anyone is in the US at the moment,wanted to just to let you know that
    Best Buy have Asus Transformer for sale this Friday .. 250 bucks!!!!

http://www.pcworld.com/article/243794/asus_eee_pad_transformer_hits_250_on_black_friday_at_best_buy.html

Advertisement