Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Groupon/Clouds - Memory Foam Mattress

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Majesticzebras

Toffee15 wrote: »
    I rang them twice and got though to woman called <SNIP>. On Friday she said her system was down and that she would ring me back on Monday and believe it or not I am still waiting.Tried today but to no avail. <SNIP> advised me that I can get a refund on the price of the mattress but not delivery.

That's why the whole thing stinks!! What's to stop me advertising a 'deal' on GROUPON - charge delivery fee, don't send non-existant goods and take off with delivery costs......win!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 redbiddy

I was going to buy tonight as the offer is on again. I did a bit of googling and found very similar posts on uk review sites re this company. I read enough to make me reconsider purchasing. from what I gathered from reading these sites, they do actually arrive, but have a very chemically smell, and not good quality. Alas I think the old adage ""you get what you pay for" seems to be true here, also many people seemed to have canceled the order within 7 working days and got refunds. If that's any good to anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 norris

If you paid the delivery charge through paypal should you get your money back?

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

Ohh dear! This is the thread I was dreading...
    Bought 2 memory foam pillows from Citydeal/Groupon on Oct. 18th.
    A week later I get a mail from Clouds Memory Foam saying "Due to high demand we're a bit behind schedule, bla bla"
    ... "We'll mail you within the week with an order number where you can track your purchase".

Off course a week passes and no more response. I try ringing them and mailing them and no reply or answer...

I then ring Groupon's customer service in London and am told to wait a few more days, that people are getting their products delivered to them. They also advise me that Clouds Memory Foam will contact me directly.

I then wait another week and no delivery. I ring back Groupon (getting a little bit irate at this stage :().
    Groupon customer service advise me that my item has been disaptatched. Please allow 5-7 working days for Delivery.
    This was last Wednesday week and guess what??? still no pillows arrive for my noggin!
    On top of this, the same evening I get a more personalied email from Clouds Memory Foam advising again they are behind schedule due to unprecedented demand.
    I question with them as well as Groupon... "Why?! are you still advertising products if you can't commit to an acceptable delivery period??!"

anyway... that's where I'm at. I'm gonna ring them today and demand my money back. I'm also going to report this to the Consumer Protection Agency and BBC watchdog.
    Doubt I'll ever my shipping payment made direct to Clouds Memory.... COWBOYS TED! :mad:

Also, has anyone actually read this "official" statement?!

CloudsEmployee1
    Dear Forum,

James from Clouds Memory Foam here. Apologies to have been away for a while, I will try and deal with the general concerns here. In terms of specific questions I don't have people's order numbers etc based on the above posts, so I will use the forum to address general concerns raised above. Individual questions should be sent either to james@cloudsmemoryfoam.com or to our customer services team on contact@cloudsmemoryfoam.com

1) Is this company a scam - no we are not a scam company. We have delivered about 20,000 mattresses, 100,000 pillows, 5,000 toppers, 15,000 duvets across Europe in the last 3 months alone.

2) We have ran some promotions on Groupon over the last few months that have meant a very large volume of sales. These higher volumes of sales result in delays in customer services replies, longer delivery times for some customers etc. Please understand that we do not take these issues lightly but please also understand that the excess volume that comes from Groupon promotions puts a strain on daily operations for any company. The great offers available mean a huge number of people buy all at once and this means that for the weeks immediately after a promotion there are delays on the customer services side. Please also understand that the few hundred posts on this forum amount to about 0.2% of the customer orders we have sent over the last few months. While we continue to strive to improve our customer services with the success of the promotions we run, there will always be some difficulties getting through on the phone lines and delays in email responses in the time immediately after a Groupon promotion. We apologise for this and will continue to try and improve the customer services from our side

3) We apologise for any late deliveries of products. Currently about 95% of products are delivered on time and 99% are delivered no more than 10 days late. Unfortunately 5% of 150,000 customers is a lot of people, and we are extremely sorry about this. Please be sure that we are doing everything possible to deliver all orders on time.

4) Silver Moon Bedding - This is not really relevant to the customers in this forum but in the USA there are several companies using brand names similar to Clouds. We have not yet launched in the USA and Canada but are looking at doing so. If we do we will do so under the brand Silver Moon bedding and the products will be produced locally as importing from the UK is expensive and time consuming. We are not rebranding a company with hundreds of thousands of customers due to a couple of hundred forum posts. The fact that the website Silver Moon was registered only 2 days ago is also irrelevant.

I will try and come back daily to reply to any new concerns. Please note, I will only address 1) General queries on the forum. If a customer would like an answer to their specific problem they can contact james@cloudsmemoryfoam.com. 2) New queries on the forum. Questions relating to delays on customer services and deliveries and whether the company is a scam have been answered above.

Kind regards,

James

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 russnaga

Hi everybody,
    I just wanted to let everybody know that I had ordered 2 pillows on 10th October, received email on 27th October to say that delivery dispatched this week.....and nothing since. Tried to contact cloudsmemoryfoam loads of times but nothing.
    Rang Groupon 2 weeks ago and they apologised and said they would write to company but to keep trying myself.
    Called Groupon again this morning and asked for a refund, they had no problem with that. They apologised to me for what I had gone through. They assured me that clouds was not a scam and people are getting their deliveries but can understand my situation when my queries are met with silence. They said they will immediately refund my card and suggested I contact clouds saying I cancelled order and would now like a refund of my delivery fee of £10
    I would suggest people contact Groupon for a refund as many people who did receive goods are saying they are very poor quality anyway.

russnaga wrote: »
    Hi everybody,
    I just wanted to let everybody know that I had ordered 2 pillows on 10th October, received email on 27th October to say that delivery dispatched this week.....and nothing since. Tried to contact cloudsmemoryfoam loads of times but nothing.
    Rang Groupon 2 weeks ago and they apologised and said they would write to company but to keep trying myself.
    Called Groupon again this morning and asked for a refund, they had no problem with that. They apologised to me for what I had gone through. They assured me that clouds was not a scam and people are getting their deliveries but can understand my situation when my queries are met with silence. They said they will immediately refund my card and suggested I contact clouds saying I cancelled order and would now like a refund of my delivery fee of £10
    I would suggest people contact Groupon for a refund as many people who did receive goods are saying they are very poor quality anyway.

The very same plight as myself Russnaga... I plan to do the same today.
    Some fun trying to get the £10 off this crowd when they seem to be oblivious to phone and email queries and complaints.
    I'm quite certain I will never use Citydeal.ie again on the back of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 bedzzz

Can someone post here is has actually received their delivery.
    They can't deal with the volume but yet are taking more orders on Groupon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

Oh dear, this makes my heart sink reading all this....
    I don't fall for scams, have a very rational mindset and "if something looks too good to be true, it usually is" opinion. I did lose glimmers of hope but now it's completely drowned.
    The offer came about the week after I broke my tailbone, and I was thinking about getting a memory foam mattress to see would it help, and it seemed the fates were good to me for the offer to come out when I was about to shell out.

Now I feel such a chump =( Shall be ringing the sister (solicitor) and getting advice off her tomorrow as to what the best course of action is.

Did I mention I signed up to groupon specifically for this deal after hearing about it from sister? arsebiscuits!

Hi there....as followup, l emailed James@clouds (email from earlier post) and explained the whole sorry saga.

He emailed me back to say my refunds have been issued, apologized that it hadn't been done sooner etc.

Seemed reasonable enough......give it a try!

(GROUPON still tell me my order has been shipped!!!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Compak

Oh for flip sake, not again, ordered the pillow mid October and yet to arrive.

And to think groupon allow them to do more specials and they havent even cleared the backlog ridiculous.

That reminds me still have not got that tooth whitening system either.

So to date I've used groupon five times and one deal worked out, two refunds so far with the pillow (not optimistic) and the tooth system (overdue also) still pending.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Bentley38

I Also used my coupon on 10th Oct. I got an email from Clouds to say they lost my coupon number and that they cannot send out my order without it. I emailed it on to them to they have not responded to this email or others i sent. Contacted a "<SNIP>" from Groupon deal who asked me to forward the email and had not contacted me since!! I also purchased a coupon for calendars and the quality of them was pretty poor so I will not be using Groupon deal again

• Registered Users Posts: 36 daenis123

My friend subscribed to the same deal the last time it was on and her king size mattress arrived on time and is in good condition so far.

I have also bought some of the iPods and while they were late and arrived in different packaging, they were good value.

I may be tempting fate here but I've just ordered from groupon will order from clouds 2moro when the voucher is activated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭McFiddler

Hi.

Unfortunately I'm suffering same fate as everybody else here. I tried calling Clouds Memory Foam after 6 weeks of having no contact since ordering. I began to get suspicious when there was no answer from any of the phone numbers provided on contact page of website. Also Contact Form is returning error upon submission. I've emailed them several times with no reply.
    I contacted Groupon who have registered a missing orders report to the company. The girl said she knew they were behind their orders but if I hadn't heard anything in 7 working days to contact her again.
    Has anyone gone the route of contacting any consumer authorities in the UK. There is one state agency called Consumer Direct.
    http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governmentcitizensandrights/Consumerrights/Situationsthatcanchangeyourconsumerrights/DG_183048

I was really looking forward to receiving this product but I guess I'll be looking for refund. Can anyone else who actually did receive product comment on the quality?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 frencia

:mad:ya i was caught again for groupon mattress- numerous phonecalls and emails not one reply- think there was a link already posted but whoever missed it should have a read

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Slappin Da Bass

I wish I had of seen this before!! I purchased this a few days ago, got an email with the my code and told to redeem it on the merchants website tonight from 8pm onwards.. so far the code is coming up "coupon code not valid" WTF?

welcome to the club pal

• Registered Users Posts: 6 harriet24

I did the same thing... bought the deal and then went online and voucher number wasn't valid...basically at that point i started to freak out. Contacted groupon by phone today and because it is within 7 days of purchase we can get a full refund. Though when i tried to call back to cancel I haven't been able to get through again. Groupon are a joke.

Got the pillow I ordered delivered today, 54 days after placing the order.

In my view this pillow is not what I had hoped to get. it is half the weight of the real memory foam pillow I have. No bounce back or anything like that. Also really bad chemical smell off the pillow, I won't be using it.

Seen better pillows on offer in Dunnes 2 for a €10.

Can't understand how they can get away with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭matjay

Hi All

I am in the same boat as everyone else, I came across a forum and have an email of what seems to be a so called head honcho of clouds memory foam,

james@cloudsmemoryfoam.com

Also people on this forum are asking to send complaints to watchdog, see forum link,

http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/clouds-memory-foam-mattress-groupon-976981?page=20

I have sent an email to this James fella, I will let you all know what his reply is. Very dissapointed in Groupon their customer service is just as bad !!!!!!!!!!!!!

If anyone wants to complain to watchdog the link is:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/gotastory/

I have a feeling that IF or WHEN I get my pillows, (yes 2 pillows I am now waiting on 50 days later) I will be very upset with the product from what I have been reading :O(

I will post back if I hear anything.

J

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pearlcodd

I am on the same trail for a 299 Euro mattress and 2 pillows ordered over 8 weeks ago together with two pillows.Groupon ave e-mailed me today to say I am not a registered used in spite of having a voucher receipt from them.
    No i called their phone number today still nobody answering.

pierco wrote: »
    I bought the memory foam through Groupon and Clouds over 7 weeks ago. They do not reply to emails or answer their phones.

Has anyone actually received their mattress from these cowboys?

Or even got a number that they will answer?

Thanks

Hi there,
    I got the email from James - the main Clouds CEO.....allegedly my request for return of funds has been approved- will let you know how this goes:rolleyes:

Has anybody paid for delivery of the mattress? I think l would call the credit card company and put a stop on this one ASAP.

Just feels very dodgy- love to know what criteria GROUPON have, before making offer on their site. Can't anybody just set up website, charge for delivery (non-refundable from GROUPON) and make a hefty profit? Wish l did my homework......

Good luck folks!;)

I am in the same boat as everyone else, I came across a forum and have an email of what seems to be a so called head honcho of clouds memory foam,

james@cloudsmemoryfoam.com

Also people on this forum are asking to send complaints to watchdog, see forum link,

http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/clouds-memory-foam-mattress-groupon-976981?page=20

I have sent an email to this James fella, I will let you all know what his reply is. Very dissapointed in Groupon their customer service is just as bad !!!!!!!!!!!!!

If anyone wants to complain to watchdog the link is:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/gotastory/

I have a feeling that IF or WHEN I get my pillows, (yes 2 pillows I am now waiting on 50 days later) I will be very upset with the product from what I have been reading :O(

I will post back if I hear anything.

J[/QUOTE]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 marfeely

I bought the mattress and then the pillow from Clouds about 2 weeks later. Got two e-mails about delay on both. Pillow arrived yesterday but no sign of the mattress. Pillow was delivered by DPD couriers

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I got my refund from groupon

Was having the same problem, emails not answered, phones not answered for weeks. I opened a paypal dispute. Within a few hours I had 3 groupon reps emailing me apologising for delay (they were each replying to various emails I sent) and asking what the latest was. I told the first guy that I wanted a refund. He offered me groupon credits. I said no that I need the cash back. It was back in my account 2 or 3 days later

Paypal dispute worked wonders but I hadn't paid delivery so that might be another battle

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Norberto

Hey Folks!

I was in the same "boat" with you guys about Clouds Memory.
    After 9 week and 6 days later Today I have got my mattress!!!!:D
    Early morning a delivery guy from DPD rang me up from my bed.
    Suddenly I didn't know what we get! The package was unmarked. I saw only the size of the item and that was fitt with my mattress size what I have purchased. Straightaway I have recognised this is my mattress!!!!
    -"thank God!"It has realy good quality.

Couple picture about it:

mattress2g.jpg
    By n0rberto

mattressinside.jpg
    By n0rberto

mattressy.jpg
    By n0rberto

Ps:
    3 days ago I have sent an ultimatum e-mail for Clouds, maybee the content affected them to deliver my order.

Finaly, When the delivery guy opened doors of the van, I had chance to look around, and I saw plenty of mattress roll inside. So, Have new hope for those who was waiting patiently for it.;)

I was Norberto from Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭CyCaboose

I emailed James, and got a reply the same day. he said my credit card has been refunded for the delivery i paid, apologized for the problems, and also said groupon can refund me for the coupon cost. I have yet to do that and still need to wait to see if my credit-card really was refunded for the delivery.

If you're still having issues getting through to them I recommend emailing James, he's the only person at clouds that has replied to any of my mails.

i'll write back when my card gets refunded

Hi Norberto

Can you tell me the depth of the mattress, I don't see the memory foam on the mattress, this is what a memory foam mattress should look like.

visco50corner.jpg

visco50inside.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Norberto

Hi,

My memory foam depth is 7cm (it has thick rubber touch feeling colour is light yellow or creamy) and 13cm the rest of the material (sponge).
    However I think products can be different depend of orders.
    Against of others mine not smelling, functioning well, quality is great.. verry comfortable.
    After open from package need to leave for a couple hours to expand and later on will get back the original shape.:)

mattressinside.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i eventually got email back from 'james' after weeks and weeks of calls and emails....

James Fryer
    Nov 29 (2 days ago) to me

Hi David,
    I'm sorry you have not had the communication you deserve. We are always inundated with calls and emails. Your mattress, if it is not dispatched before, will be dispatched on 05.12.2011
    We will send you the tracking code once it has been dispatched.
    Best wishes

James

..........we'll see what happens. have been emailing and calling groupon over the same period of 8 weeks approx with no reply.

I'll keep ye posted.

• Advertisement

Right!
    This day last week I phoned Groupon and ordered a full refund.
    I was told to wait... wait for it.... Another 5 working days!!!
    and low and behold... no phonecall or jack**** from either party.

This seriously bad form. I would urge anyone to unsubscribe from Groupon\Citydeal straight away... Cowboys!

anyway, I've ahd to raise a payments dispute with Paypal to try get my money back and then sent this James guy a mail, demainding my delivery charge back also...

what an abolute farce this whole thing has been!
    thank christ I only bought a small amount from them. :mad:

Advertisement