Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Pip510

Just got 2 for pitch Sunday night. Really wanted the Friday night but beggars can’t be choosers 😂 Took over an hour in Q

• Registered Users Posts: 6,422 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Got 2 for the stand on Friday, happy out.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

3rd date on the 9th has been added

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Was in queue for over an hour and managed to get 2 Sunday standing tickets only for the BOI app payment activation to fail on me so lost my bloody tickets.

Absolutely gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

im gonna hold off and head to Barcelona gig on 28th of April 2023 and make a weekend out of it.still be a lot cheaper than dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭nihicib2

Same here, didn't fail but took so long to activate I missed out by 5 seconds, raging

• Registered Users Posts: 38,160 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Was anyone able to get to get tickets using the TM app ?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I didn't realise you could join the queue before 8 am. I joined at 8 am and was number 63,000 in the queue. Ticketmaster app didn't work at all. Got tickets on the website after just over an hour of waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I'd book the week off, have a feeling 2 or 3 Barca gigs will be added.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭noisenotmusic

The app never works for these type of queue releases, even the official Ticketmaster Twitter just says to use your browser on mobile.

• Advertisement

Got my OH to try as well on her work PC and the same thing happened. Luckily she got through with her AIB app and got 2 standing for the Tuesday night.

I need a lie down now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭stooge

all sold out? amazing at the prices

Not massively if you consider his main demographic and touring fanbase.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭polydactyl

For standing for various people on laptop for all three nights. My iPad still says I’m in a queue since 736am…..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭fafy

Not a surprise at all, Bruce has given consistently, multiple incredible performances since his 1st gig here in 1985. Totally uniquely, he does 3 hour sets, and people know and like what they are getting, and he always delivers. He has a huge and loyal (and older)fanbase, and he doesn't “over tour” here.

He falls into a very rare breed of live acts - a sure bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭stooge

I've been to many of those so not denying the performances are fantastic! Just thought that the massive hike in prices would turn some fans off.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,662 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Its in line with all big touring acts. Post covid feel good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭blackplum123

Three times the BOI verification app let me down. Used revolut on the 4th go and went through no bother

Not at all, he has consistently sold well here, 2 Croke Park gigs were pre covid, and has done 2 to 3 RDS’s a few times on more recent outdoor tours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭mumo3

I love a good outdoor gig and I wouldn't have minded going but €156 a ticket is a bit steep... where are they going with these ticket prices of late? €99 for a standing ticket for Justin Bieber in the point

• Advertisement

1: it's 132 for a standing Bruce ticket, at least compare like for like

2: Bruce will probably play for at least twice as long as Bieber so it's better value

3:He just sold approx 90,000 at that price, which like it or not, justifies it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,672 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

No nothing is ever all sold out, especially a stadium concert.

They have probably sold 80-85k out of 105k tickets.

The rest get held back for numerous reasons but will be released in the coming year.

Will be plenty of tickets for this next May at below face value.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭flasher0030

don't be gutted.

As The Nal said few days ago, tickets will be back online again in a few weeks, could be months. But definately will be when we get closer to the gigs. It happens every time with Ticketmaster, and every time everyone buys into the hype.

And even if no more tickets are officially available, there will be dozens selling them in the week before the gigs when other issues arise for people - sickness, work etc. Remember to check sites such as adviets, donedeal, toutless. If you persevere hard enough during the week before the gig, I guarantee you will get tickets.

I had a look on toutless website there and there are people selling them already!!!!!!

The only gig that I am struggling with at the moment is Olivia Rodrigo. Kids want tickets but there are 28 posts on toutless - all looking for tickets.

Gun n Roses, Green Day. Red Hot Chilli peppers and so on - all sold out officially, but eventually people find out they cant go or have overbooked, and tickets start to become available. On the day of those gigs, tickets for these mentioned bands will be half-price.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Yeah my experience is where there's a will there's a way. People always drop out especially closer to the time even right up to day of the concerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭walkonby

My god, who is paying €120+ to go to the RDS on a Tuesday.

I am caught between wanting to see Springsteen while I still can, and not wanting to do these stadium concerts for €100+. I had kinda hoped he might have come down to playing in the Point level by now, but clearly that’s never happening.

I actually ended up getting 2 for the Tuesday. The missus was trying also with the BOI app but no luck so got them with her AIB card. Would have preferred the Sunday but happy to have them sorted 😀

It's all a lottery anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 11,702 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Do you really think a Bruce Springsteen fan cares what day of the week he's playing once they get to see him?

Bruce + E Street band have never played the Point, he has played it solo, and also, a few times with the Seeger Sessions band, which is a totally different gig to an E street band gig.

When the Point closed for the redevelopment in 2007, he did play indoors on the “Magic” Tour with the E Street band, but only in the Belfast Odyssey, great gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,160 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Happy I got a ticket for the grandstand for a change. Didn't get the day I was hoping for but what can ya but a sunny Sunday could be a great atmosphere

Roll on next summer, always nice to have something to look forward too

I'd love to see an indoor Bruce show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Managed to get tickets this morning for Sunday and Tuesday - Tuesday an impulse purchase at the prodding of a friend.

The queue numbers were mad - not in the order of joining the queue and sometimes came right down fairly quickly.

I think the rush on tickets today was not the mad mayhem that we saw before but see here that there are quite a few that have failed to get a ticket so we were probably lucky - my daughter got in quickly through the chrome browser on her mobile and that's how we got the Sunday tickets.

Need to talk to the family at the weekend - we have no holidays planned for next year but may try and link something with a European gig.

Advertisement