Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 CantonaGod

For those needing a Bruce fix....http://www.thegrandsocial.ie/event/the-she-street-band/
    Following a series of sold out shows across London, the worlds first and only all-female Bruce Springsteen cover band, The She Street Band, are heading out on their very first tour. This show stopping seven piece promise a night fight for The Boss. Expect to be dancing to all the classic Bruce Springsteen hits like Born To Run, Thunder Road and Dancing in the Dark and a whole heap more… all with a female twist!  Grand Social, Dublin Weds October 10th.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,071 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Does anyone think that this Broadway run is fourteen lost months in Bruce's career ?.It was conceived in the White House when he played a solo show at an elite private party for the Obamas before they left.It is now six years since Wrecking Ball his last album of new material.He will be sixty nine years old in September, so time is getting shorter for touring.Let's hope his health and the health of E Street Band members stays good and we see them tour again maybe next year or soon after.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 CantonaGod

BUMP.......]For those needing a Bruce fix....http://www.thegrandsocial.ie/event/the-she-street-band/
    Following a series of sold out shows across London, the worlds first and only all-female Bruce Springsteen cover band, The She Street Band, are heading out on their very first tour. This show stopping seven piece promise a night fight for The Boss. Expect to be dancing to all the classic Bruce Springsteen hits like Born To Run, Thunder Road and Dancing in the Dark and a whole heap more… all with a female twist!  Grand Social, Dublin Weds October 10th.[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Does anyone think that this Broadway run is fourteen lost months in Bruce's career ?.It was conceived in the White House when he played a solo show at an elite private party for the Obamas before they left.It is now six years since Wrecking Ball his last album of new material.He will be sixty nine years old in September, so time is getting shorter for touring.Let's hope his health and the health of E Street Band members stays good and we see them tour again maybe next year or soon after.

100% agree. Playing the same show in the same venue a couple hundred times is a bizarre turn from his Bruceness. History will look back at this period as a treading water phase. I wonder is there another reason behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,448 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Maybe it could be something to do with the fact that doing 3.5 hour rock-and-roll shows four or five nights a week in three different cities is an absolutely huge physical strain on anyone, let alone a 69 year old.

He and the band don't owe us anything. Yeah, it would be great to see another tour if they're all up to it. But jeez, would you be pushing your 69 year old relatives out to work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,501 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Last few years of the EStreet run was a bit stale in fairness. Saw a good few shows but after the initial few tunes of the shows it was the same old stuff really. Not sure I could take another performance of Shout or Twists and Shout. Its a bit Daniel O'Donnell.

He needs another album to freshen things up.

Personally hoping to see this "solo" album soon thats apparently completed.

The Nal wrote: »
    Last few years of the EStreet run was a bit stale in fairness. Saw a good few shows but after the initial few tunes of the shows it was the same old stuff really. Not sure I could take another performance of Shout or Twists and Shout. Its a bit Daniel O'Donnell.

He needs another album to freshen things up.

Personally hoping to see this "solo" album soon thats apparently completed.

Stale?

RDS #2 in 2012 as well crafted a show I’ve seen him play. First 3 shows of the 5 nights in Ireland in 2013 had solo pre-shows. The Croker gigs in 16 huge in scale and quality. Back in Your Arms, Incident, Lost in the Flood. All treats to an Irish crowd. If this is stale gimme another ten years.

• Advertisement

"Shout" was a bummer to see repeated night-after-night-after-night. 100% agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

The Nal wrote: »
    Missing Death to My Hometown, Shout and Twist and Shout.

No loss

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

So envious of all that got to see one of the Broadway shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

the amount of salty tears in here is incredible

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Anybody know where I might pick up the event poster from the croke park shows in 2016?

It was an epic poster and to my lasting regret I never picked it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭slayer91

Hi,
    Anyone know if and when he would announce a 2019 tour.

Looking a trip away with his concert as an attraction.

Regs

L

• Registered Users Posts: 28,448 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Anybody know where I might pick up the event poster from the croke park shows in 2016?

It was an epic poster and to my lasting regret I never picked it up!
    You can set an alert on eBay to get it to email you if it every comes up for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

slayer91 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Anyone know if and when he would announce a 2019 tour.

Looking a trip away with his concert as an attraction.

Regs

L

2019 very unlikely I'd say. He's looking to stay close to his Mam it seems, she has alzheimers.

Here's Leeds WB tour Official if anyone is interested...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q5qqyhgqg8itk5j/AACm8GAKNhV63-XAIPqm0n2Ha?dl=0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

Anymore of those would be appreciated Dr.

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    2019 very unlikely I'd say. He's looking to stay close to his Mam it seems, she has alzheimers.

Ive also thought this one as a basis for his prolonged stasis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Original e-street drummer Vini "mad dog" Lopez is performing as part of the Light of Day Foundations gig at the Soundhouse, Eden Quay this Thursday 29/11/18.

Lopez shares the bill with Joe D'Urso, Jeffrey Gaines, Rob Dye and others.

This is the 3rd year Light of Day has started their European tour in Dublin and having attended the previous 2 shows, I can tell you its not to be missed.

The musicians mingle with the audience before and after the show, happily posing for photos or signing merch. Its a great opportunity to get Lopez to sign your copies of "Greetings from Asbury Park", and "The wild, the innocent and the e-street band". - Lopez played on both.

Tickets €25, available from https://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/3660593?fbclid=IwAR2rXFe4BLeaeeV_xbZRUs1IWMP5OZPOsWgkF4-sPqyoxjzHqaVoFn7InMg

Great gig last night.
    Vini Lopez was in fine form. He performed 3 Steel Mill songs.
    One for the connoisseurs of all things Springsteen.

Did he finish with Shout?

No, he finished with "The ballad of Jesse James".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Springsteen on Broadway - Netflix
    December 16th
    Springsteen on Broadway.
    Some might say that Springsteen is a kind of a gruff-talking Santa for grown men and women. This year he’s spreading some cheer by giving Netflix exclusive access to his one man show, cleverly titled Springsteen on Broadway (although the Boss on Broadway may have been more alliteratively pleasing) where he strums some tunes and talks openly and emotionally about his inspirations and life as one of the great American storytellers.

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/tv-radio-web/netflix-the-10-best-new-films-and-shows-in-december-1.3715256

https://open.spotify.com/album/7FqjYADbUVTgqKpIUbubac?si=NMyjVs1VQZCwLevIaaGPpA

NEW LIVE SAMPLER: SONGS OF THE ROAD
    Live archive tracks come to streaming services
    Maybe you haven't taken the plunge on Springsteen's monthly live archive series (we won't judge — not much). Or maybe you've been selective, not keeping up with each and every release. Or maybe you just like a good mix tape. In any case, this comes as fun news: tracks from the Nugs releases at live.springsteen.com have just arrived on streaming services today, via what appears to be a new series of curated playlists.

The first to drop in The Live Series on Spotify and Apple Music is Songs of the Road, with thematic selections spanning from 1977 to 2013:

Thunder Road
    Palace Theatre, Albany, NY - 02/07/77
    Highway 29
    King's Hall, Belfast, UK - 03/19/96
    Incident on 57th Street
    Capitol Theatre, Passaic, NJ - 09/20/78
    Open All Night
    Jazz and Heritage Festival, New Orleans, LA - 04/30/06
    Stolen Car
    ASU Activity Center, Tempe, AZ - 11/05/80
    Tenth Avenue Freeze-out
    Auditorium Theatre, Rochester, NY - 02/08/77
    Out in the Street
    Wachovia Spectrum, Philadelphia, PA - 10/20/09
    Drive All Night
    Madison Square Garden, New York, NY - 11/08/09
    Born to Run
    Brendan Byrne Arena, East Rutherford, NJ - 08/05/84
    Used Cars
    St. Rose of Lima School, Freehold, NJ - 11/08/96
    Action in the Streets
    Palace Theatre, Albany, NY - 02/07/77
    Racing in the Steet
    Agora, Cleveland, OH - 08/09/78
    Working on the Highway
    Ippodromo delle Capannelle, Rome, Italy - 07/11/13
    The E Street Shuffle
    TD Banknorth Garden, Boston, MA - 11/19/07
    Cadillac Ranch
    Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, Uniondale, NY - 12/31/80
    Killer performances, a great mix of band line-ups and solo performances, this looks to be a great way to expose more listeners to not only some more obscure Springsteen songs, but the brilliance and variety of his live performances. What's next? Songs of Protest? Songs of Family? Songs of Womens' Names? Songs of Rivers and Trees? Songs of Blue Collar Occupations? We'll be staying tuned.
    - November 30, 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dixiefly

poundhound wrote: »
    No, he finished with "The ballad of Jesse James".
    Didn't Vinny sing Keep Me In Your Heart (Warren Zevon) just before the usual Light Of Day ending?

I thought it was a great ending and Vinny on form.

What about that guy over on the left Anthony DaMato? I thought he was class. I bought his first album last night, very good.

Never saw Mark Geary before, thought he had a great rhythm.

Vinny was Vinny with stories and songs going back to the early Bruce days.

And I think the best of the three Light Of Day gigs so far.

All in all great value for €25. That's some schedule of gigs that they are doing for charity.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Bruce Springsteen has revealed that he is working on a new solo album and is planning to tour the UK with his E Street Band.

The Boss is currently performing in his sell-out one-man show ‘Springsteen on Broadway’ that has been filmed for a Netflix concert film to be aired on December 16.

Speaking to The Times, Springsteen described his new record, saying: “For lack of a better word, it’s a singer-songwriter album – more of a solo record.” This album would his first new music release since 2014’s ‘High Hopes’.

Hinting about future touring plans, Springsteen said he will be getting “back to my day job” and heading to the UK with the E Street Band in 2019. He might just have itchy feet, he has been performing ‘Springsteen on Broadway at the Walter Kerr Theatre five days a week since October 2017.

This month, Springsteen will release the ‘Springsteen on Broadway’ soundtrack album with performances of 15 of his best-loved songs from throughout his career.

Although the show has mostly followed the same structure and setlist every night, Springsteen has changed things up a little throughout the run. In June, he broke from the setlist to criticise Donald Trump and his “inhumane” immigration policy that saw thousands of children separated from their families. A month later, he surprised fans with an unexpected encore for the first time in the residency.

Advertisement