Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is 25 a good age to stop sessioning?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

I'm 26.
    I became an old person about a year ago too actually.
    There again I do have 2 kids, a house, and a husband, but I did used to still hang out and go drinking a fair bit until I was about 24/25.
    Now it's all about the xfactor and chinese take away dressed in my pj's with the fire on.

That must be a funny look for ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Mr. Curtains

I'm feeling burnt out at the tender age of 21...have friends that are still going strong in their mid 30's so don't give up yet OP...

If gets to a stage where your pulling your hair out, I suggest Chatroulette and a few cans ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Broads.ie

What the hell... people are still talking about "going on the lash".

I'm talking about hanging out and keeping in contact and being social which may or may not involve tins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Broads.ie wrote: »
    What the hell... people are still talking about "going on the lash".

I'm talking about hanging out and keeping in contact and being social which may or may not involve tins.
    Yeah, that's fine no matter how old you are.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

OP , If I get to 25 and dont have a bunch of people to go drinking with 4-6 nights a week Im just going to have to go make friends with college students or something , sounds terrible OP, you need better mates

I dont know anyone can go boozing 4-6 nights a week regularly. Without counting money, I wouldnt be fit for much more than 2 or 3 at the very max.

You need time to recover, and spacing it out is better craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

The issue is not drinking, everyone's at their own pace. It's not a "mid life crisis" (hehe!)

It sounds like you need to find yourself a new group of mates, how long are you going to spend hoping your friends all decided to go back to the way they use to be.

Although getting into a new group here is rather tricky. We're an isolated bunch for such a small place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭spagboll

move out of home

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭B_Fanatic

Rave to the grave.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dave3004

Its normally people who have another half who don't contact anyone.

It's also people's different outlook on life.

Some people just want security. If that means never finding true love, then so be it. As long as their partner is providing and they can afford shelter, a family and a healthy life they are happy.

I remember talking to one of my friends and I was asking her when she is going to start travelling. She said she never wants to. She's happy in her job and happy to be going on 2 week holidays to Majorca until she's 65 years old. That's just some people's take on life. Once she's happy then she's happy so I don't mind.

I suggest to you your friends and you have dissimilar perspectives.

IMO you have the rest of your life to sit with somebody and watch dvds in your pjs. It's up to you when you want the rest of your lfie to start.....I'm 26 and I don't want it starting any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

I realised recently that I've had friends for close to a decade that I've probably seen 2/3 times in situations that don't involve alcohol.

Watching X factor isn't the solution (to anything), but you should think about finding things to do with your friends that don't involve wasting loads of cash and writing off the next day due to a hangover because it's not sustainable and more of your friends will be unable to join you as they get married/buy houses/have kids.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭scotty_irish

I was 12 days shy of 25, 16 days after moving into this place, after thinking that living on the main the main street of Glasgow was for me.

**** it. I now drink there for free.

Move out, somewhere interesting.

There's a big bad world out there full of fun. What's the worst that can happen?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-12401660

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

dave3004 wrote: »
    Its normally people who have another half who don't contact anyone.

It's also people's different outlook on life.

Some people just want security. If that means never finding true love, then so be it. As long as their partner is providing and they can afford shelter, a family and a healthy life they are happy.

I remember talking to one of my friends and I was asking her when she is going to start travelling. She said she never wants to. She's happy in her job and happy to be going on 2 week holidays to Majorca until she's 65 years old. That's just some people's take on life. Once she's happy then she's happy so I don't mind.

I suggest to you your friends and you have dissimilar perspectives.

IMO you have the rest of your life to sit with somebody and watch dvds in your pjs. It's up to you when you want the rest of your lfie to start.....I'm 26 and I don't want it starting any time soon.

You don't have to be young to go travelling, my uncle and aunt are in their late 50's are always going travelling and they have a great time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 windowshopping

you think too much and serious

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

The real sessions don't start until your mid 20's and have a bit of money to go really stupid with. Wait until you start falling out of a pub on a Monday morning somewhere in the south of Europe realising it's time to go into work back home. Maybe then consider stopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

If you feel you are getting too old for that sort of thing then stop the sessioning. I am slightly older than you but find it could take me days to get over a session!

Advertisement