Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fairwell Boards

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I've off to be a lurker, deleting my account after considerate thought, some people I've met on here are great people, some arseholes :)..waits for witty reply or thread to be locked. Goodbye;)

Still time for a bit of attention whoring though eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Oh FFS, it's like when people sign outta FB for a short while, and the come back and wonder why no one missed em.

You looking for an Oscar to go along with all that Melodrama???:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

RachaelVO wrote: »
    Oh FFS, it's like when people sign outta FB for a short while, and the come back and wonder why no one missed em.

I know a woman (yes....a woman...she's about 41) who did that. Gave us all the massive "Facebook is stealing my privacy and my free time" speech. She's one of these militant animals rights heads and never shuts up with the self-righteous ranting. She posted up there more than anyone else I knew. Made a massive hoo-ha about it...2 months later, she's back and is posting more than ever...:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Just look at when Hagar left, there were a good number of annoyed people.

Yeah Boards really ground to a halt over that one, didn't it.

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    I know a woman (yes....a woman...she's about 41) who did that. Gave us all the massive "Facebook is stealing my privacy and my free time" speech. She's one of these militant animals rights heads and never shuts up with the self-righteous ranting. She posted up there more than anyone else I knew. Made a massive hoo-ha about it...2 months later, she's back and is posting more than ever...:confused:

They always come back in the end... just a bit of melodrama to try and keep people guessing, when in reality there's nothing to guess!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drama Queens the lot of em!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Ah don't leave! You're great craic! :(

The admins should make it a rule that if you return after closing an account, you have to have a stupid name and avatar for six months: like a Hugh Hefner one for feminist posters or a Justin Bieber one for muso types.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

Not entirely true, if TheZohan or someone like that went a lot of people would notice and a lot of people would care. Just look at when Hagar left, there were a good number of annoyed people.

Hagar left ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I'm absolutely heart broken.

If you leave me now, you take away the biggest part of me, ohhh oh baby please don't go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

LighterGuy wrote: »
    No one gives a sh*t dude. And thats not me being a pr*ck.
    You could have 30,000 posts on here and the attitude would be the same.

Not entirely true, if TheZohan or someone like that went a lot of people would notice and a lot of people would care. Just look at when Hagar left, there were a good number of annoyed people.
    Yeah but it would be shortlived. Things move on, people get forgotten...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

RachaelVO wrote: »
    They always come back in the end... just a bit of melodrama to try and keep people guessing, when in reality there's nothing to guess!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drama Queens the lot of em!
    true that.
    some do it because of how they feel at a certain time or because they have a lot of long term pressures on,but many are just drama queens- unless are someone who is a very public figure like board staff,or are someone who has got a serious amount of friends on a forum,it does feel like wanting to be the centre of attention,have personaly always took breaks or left forums without making any announcement.

speaking in general,the more manipulative of online communities just reregister anyway to watch their drama unfold and keep their belief of self importance going and/or to play a different identity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Scruffles wrote: »
    true that.
    some do it because of how they feel at a certain time or because they have a lot of long term pressures on,but many are just drama queens- unless are someone who is a very public figure like board staff,or are someone who has got a serious amount of friends on a forum,it does feel like wanting to be the centre of attention,have personaly always took breaks or left forums without making any announcement.

speaking in general,the more manipulative of online communities just reregister anyway to watch their drama unfold and keep their belief of self importance going and/or to play a different identity.

Ya get sick of stuff, I get that, I just don't go on, during the summer I wasn't on either Boards or FB, was out with my kids instead, but I didn't do the drama of saying I was signing out, I knew I'd eventually go back to both, so I just stopped loggin in. Simple really!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

LighterGuy wrote: »
    I've off to be a lurker, deleting my account after considerate thought, some people I've met on here are great people, some arseholes :)..waits for witty reply or thread to be locked. Goodbye;)

No one gives a sh*t dude. And thats not me being a pr*ck.
    You could have 30,000 posts on here and the attitude would be the same.

Nah the weird thing is some people will give a shít. This forum has some grade A lunatics.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Who's TheZohan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

who the feck is Hagar? :confused:

there's a few posters that you'd miss if they stop posting altogether and others you wish would just fudge off already. tbh tubsandtiles, while I recognise the name as a poster, I don't have any memorable posts or impressions to tie you to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Who's TheZohan?

his real name is Biggins.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Ta ta biotch.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Meh, the whole fanwankery over certain posters on here is a bit ridiculous. Especially since half of it is done in the hope of getting a name check in return.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

So the OP is going to close their account and be a lurker.

That's a bit like saying I'm going to get rid of my car and watch other people drive instead.........Why?

Either go or stay ffs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

I'm inconsolable right now....we'll remember you OP....we'll remember you....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Christ.. what is with everyone commiting boards suicide?

I don't understand the close account feature, it doesn't delete your posts. Just stop posting for fuck sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Anyone one up for a game of boards.ie Russian Roulette?

6 player, 6 accounts, 1 die. Die is thrown, if loser's number comes up, his/her account gets deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Abi wrote: »

I don't understand the close account feature, it doesn't delete your posts. Just stop posting for fuck sake.

I suppose the temptation would still be there and it'd make it slightly trickier for you to log in again....

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I'm inconsolable right now....we'll remember you OP....we'll remember you....

Who was the OP again? :pac:

Just stop posting for fuck sake.

Just 'stopping posting' wouldn't offer that dramatic exit that one craves.

Well, neither does a classed account because nobody gives a tit, but you get what I mean.

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    I suppose the temptation would still be there and it'd make it slightly trickier for you to log in again....

Pointless. It's going to bring on a batch of re-reg's if you ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

Mikemac (mc?) and Wolfe Tone are gone too :(

Now I'll never learn another thing about anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

It seems stupid to me.

I'f you're going to be a lurker (which the OP said he is) then surely it's more convenient to have an account so you can go back to the first unread post of a thread you were interested in, rather than having to remember what page you left off on.

Boards is also great for getting answers to any questions you have (using more serious forums than AH, obviously).

• Advertisement

chucken1 wrote: »
    Mikemac (mc?) and Wolfe Tone are gone too :(

Now I'll never learn another thing about anything!

Mike is gone too?!

What the.. =/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement