Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Sean Quinn is a great businessman now?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭rolling boh

He must have been highly amused watching gullible fools marching to show their support while he was organising his assets and money in ways to prevent anyone bar him and his family from getting near it and left us to pay a Levy on his behalf .

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭costacorta

No it’s the radical republicans I was talking about you know your buddies Slab and Dublin jimmy .

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭costacorta

• Registered Users Posts: 13,269 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Remember him and all the locals claiming he'd would only play a 50p game of cards down the local.

He had everyone hoodwinked. The odd loyal folk up that way still seem particularly susceptible to his nonsense.

• Advertisement

I see Quinn’s house was raided today by the Gardaí as part of an ongoing investigation into criminality in the border region. The noose is tightening for Seany Boy. Might be the rumoured links to some “Good Republicans” operating around there……

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2022/0420/1293301-cavan-garda-search/

Most of the time the most obvious answer is the right answer. This is one to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Whatdoesitmatter

He'll always be a great man to me. I'll be making no further comments on this topic

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

The Quinn family bootlickers are on a similar level with trumps cult.

The fact you refuse to even try justify or defend it does prove you know how wrong your position is though so I suppose that's something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

• Registered Users Posts: 8,937 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Hopefully he sees the prison cell again. The way he felt sorry for himself when interviewed over the kevin luney kidnaping says a lot about him, he didnt seem to care about what kevin went through, just cares about himself, me me me me me. you were the richest man in Ireland once not anymore, your time is over, get over it.

Thought you weren't making any further comments on this topic?

If you aren't willing to try justify or defend your reasons for holding a high opinion of the man it more than likely means your aren't able too without looking ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

The quare fella probably gave him a punt in a game of 25.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Cal4567

But no one asked you to make a comment in the first place. He's a great man to his children. Feck the rest of us though.

Quite the week. First the Kinahans and now this. I wonder which story will reach closure first.

Or maybe I'm just on a wind up and your taking my comments a shade too seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

Ah sure don't you know he wasn't involved. Just all those career gangsters for hire were moved by his painful story and decided out of the good of their heart that they should descend on the Cavan Monaghan area and fight the nasty nasty people who took over his business. He didn't want them to do anything but he had no control over their outpouring of kindness towards him. It's just his animal magnetism and immense charisma. People just can't help but perform violent acts of thuggery to express their love for a man they never met.

And if you believe that pile of shite I've a few NFTs I made with MS Paint you might be interested in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I'll never get over the fact that he moved a five thousand year old passage tomb stone by stone to the grounds of his hotel just so he could expand his quarry. Absolutely zero respect for an ancient burial site. I wouldn't call myself superstitious but you won't get an ounce of luck for doing something like that..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i see the Quinn Inc have moved over to the betting game now, boards are currently running ads for them ----->

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Madeoface

Looks like the guards etc are biding their time and going about this investigation properly. Hopefully we won't have some dopey civil servant shred files like in the sean Fitz case which let him off on a technicality iirc.

How can a former bankrupt live in a house/ ranch that big while we all pay the 2% quinn levy?

'Unless harassment is criminality?' he said yesterday. Yes it is Sean....it is a criminal offence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,924 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Simple question, how did he manage to hold onto THAT gaff, I recall in the early years of the Slieve Russell Hotel guests used to arrive at the entrance of Quinns pile assuming it was the hotel. I noticed no let up on the substantial landscaping either.

Also curious he choose the BBC Northern Ireland to comment, no statements to Media this side of the border 🤔

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

There's a big web of republicans, businessmen and Kinahans all involved in dodgy sh1t between eachother. Mansfield is another "respectable high-roller" in deep with the IRA and the Kinahans.

Someone is helping Seanie's son to hide out across the border. I wonder who that could be....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭Xander10

Yes I'm quiet annoyed with that ad popping up. I'd never consider joining then because I'd imagine if you had a decent win you might have trouble getting paid out.

Wasn't the car insurance business renowned for being a poor settler.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,574 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Tell me about. So annoying. They are constantly popping up. Maybe that is what the Gatda are investigating him for lol.

Amazing he is still on that huge house even do he went bankrupt while the rest of us struggle on and I agree about what a poster above said about moving that 5000 year old tombstone as soon as he had that done he was bound to have bad luck sometime and that is what happened they got too and it failed which lead to his Quinn empire falling.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,574 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭littlevillage

My uncle was in a car accident some years ago. When the dust had settled and it became clear he was going to claim off the other drivers insurance (Quinn Insurance) ...I guy called to his house out of the blue claiming to be a "Claims agent" or some such from Quinn and proceeded to give my Uncle(in his late 70's at the time) a 'no strings' low ball compensation offer. I happened to be there at the time and politely (after a brief phone call to Solicitor) told yer man to 'sling his hook'..... my uncle went through his solicitor and ended up making a out of court settlement for about 4 times what the Claims Agent offered.

My point here is that I thought it highly unusual for somebody to call out unannounced to the claimant ...and especially seeing as the claimant was an elderly man living alone who might be convinced/intimidated into taking a low ball compensation offer.

I have a bit of experience myself with car accidents etc. and never once had a Claims Agent or anybody else from the other sides insurance, ever call to me... or even contact me directly. The insurance companies have only ever dealt with my solicitor.

Ever since the international support for pursuing a world criminal gang the Gardaí are looking more closely at the “Quinnihans”

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

They are taking their time because he is slippery as hell. But I think the fact that they moved in on him personally means they are confident that they have him this time. Probably turned a few members of his organisation.

It's been bad week for organised crime in Ireland. Kinnahans last week. Quinn's this week. When the court cases take place it will be interesting to see if there are any connections between the two organisations. Certainly if I had any money in a Quinn bet account I'd be taking it out ASAP because if the assets get frozen it will be an interesting argument as to who actually owns the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Astonishing comments being made if Quinn is as mixed up in all of this as suggested?

I had zero sympathy for his " all in " gamble on Anglo but had no idea he was potentially involved with Mr K ?

• Advertisement

Its one of the worst kept secrets of the border counties that hes mixed up with at least ex-IRA members if not active republican paramilitary members so I don't think many are jumping to too high a conclusion that his money might also have stretched as far as Mr K either.

Advertisement