Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordering Pizza

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuungry cun+.

ye have me starvin now, pepperoni, ham, pineapple and a sh1t load of chilli flakes i think mmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheyKnowMyIP

Frozen pizza is sh!te.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Amzie

Ah dominos does taste better than frozen pizza, the frozen ones can be a bit cardboard like nd too crispy, I like the soft doughiness off Dominos or pizza hut! Dominos do a €16 deal for medium pizza toppings wedges nd garlic pizza bread And 2 drinks!! Nothing wrong with that!! If it's a sat nite I'm not gonna wanna cook up a pizza when I can just order one :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭10green bottles

€2 pizza V €12/14/16/20 pizza ??Wee bit of a Difference ok > delivery giants.
    Value wise,supermarket giants pizza any flipping day !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Chicago Town Takeaway pizza is pretty damn good for frozen pizza. Can't beat a Dominos though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

the chicago town pizzas with the sauce in the crust.. yum yum, gonna get one tomorrow as its dole day (my weekly treat), maybe just the cheese one, although I do like the meat one.. dammit Im hungry now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

eth0 wrote: »
    This I could never understand. People ordering pizza from the likes of Domino's, apache and what have you

For whatever you'd spend on ordering a pizza from one of them places you'd get a whole stack of perfectly good pizzas from the supermarket and throw them in the freezer. They are just about the easiest food to prepare you could think of and if you don't like the frozen stuff (which is certainly no worse than the shyte you'd order from these pizza places)

I agree op.
    Got my share of Dominos Pizza's last year (the whole 'Two for Tuesdays' deal sucked me in) .. theres nothing special about them that can warrant €11-15 euro for a medium pizza. While, as you say, you can get a decent pizza in a supermarket for €2-3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Only thing that annoys me about people ordering pizza is if they pay full price instead of pretending they have 50% off vouchers. I'd say Dominos has a staff party every time someone actually pays full price.

amacachi wrote: »
    Only thing that annoys me about people ordering pizza is if they pay full price instead of pretending they have 50% off vouchers. I'd say Dominos has a staff party every time someone actually pays full price.
    ^^^^ agree 100%.Pizza delivery man came to my door one day by mistake,couldnt find right house,gave him proper directions but he was back within a minuite saying : Cant find it mate,you enjoy,hands me 16' pizza + :eek: WTF.
    Is that policy ??

Wonder how much it actually costs to make said pizza in Dominoes / apache etc.

Probably like 50 cents :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

LighterGuy wrote: »

About 3 fiddy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

LighterGuy wrote: »

apparently a Pizza is a glorified sandwich and the margins are really big
    I'd say Dominos has a staff party every time someone actually pays full price.

I was about to fork out 22 euro (yeah nuts I know but I had guests who wanted it) for a large pizza with everything on it in Apache Pizza last month when the guy behind the counter said he just checked the prices and they had a 9.99 special for all big pizza (which wasn't advertised anywhere in the store) so he gave me 12 euro back. I was very impressed by his honesty.

^^^^ agree 100%.Pizza delivery man came to my door one day by mistake,couldnt find right house,gave him proper directions but he was back within a minuite saying : Cant find it mate,you enjoy,hands me 16' pizza + :eek: WTF.
    Is that policy ??

I've heard it happen to a few people before, usually people who got it regularly would have an extra pizza thrown in if they wanted it. I know the Dominos in town used to hand some of the extras out at the end of a night. When my dad was a taxi driver he picked someone up at Dominos and they'd been given a coupla extra pizzas, roughly medium sized but were heart-shaped for Valentine's day. :pac: Also years ago he worked as a bouncer in Supermacs at the weekends and would get anything up to 10 burgers of various kinds for nothing, was always loads left over. I assume it's similar in Dominos, they can't get away with selling reheated pizza and they'll probably have a few every night left over from pranks and stuff that the staff won't want.

psychward wrote: »
    I was about to fork out 22 euro (yeah nuts I know but I had guests who wanted it) for a large pizza with everything on it in Apache Pizza last month when the guy behind the counter said he just checked the prices and they had a 9.99 special for all big pizza (which wasn't advertised anywhere in the store) so he gave me 12 euro back. I was very impressed by his honesty.

That amazes me actually, can't believe they'd pass that chance up. TBH at the very, very worst ya can usually get a coupla sides and cans thrown in with a large for nothing if ya ask. I tried to bluff Dominos once saying I'd some 2-for-1 vouchers, he asked for the expiry date and said they weren't accepting them. I asked what was the best he could do and it worked out at 11 a pizza when with my made up vouchers I would've paid 11.50 apiece. :pac: It was a party so he cost them 3 quid. :pac:
    I've about 20 vouchers for 50% off at Dominos valid til the middle of next year, be good to use them then when they think there are none around and I'm bull****ting :pac:

People paying full price for pizza is like paying fullprice for furniture or electronics only even worse. :pac:

I've heard it happen to a few people before, usually people who got it regularly would have an extra pizza thrown in if they wanted it. I know the Dominos in town used to hand some of the extras out at the end of a night. When my dad was a taxi driver he picked someone up at Dominos and they'd been given a coupla extra pizzas, roughly medium sized but were heart-shaped for Valentine's day. :pac: Also years ago he worked as a bouncer in Supermacs at the weekends and would get anything up to 10 burgers of various kinds for nothing, was always loads left over. I assume it's similar in Dominos, they can't get away with selling reheated pizza and they'll probably have a few every night left over from pranks and stuff that the staff won't want.

Pretty nice of them :)
    Speaking of which, McDonalds are jerks. I worked for them when I was younger. Wouldnt let the staff have anything. They'd let you have something for nothing on your break as long as it wasnt certain meals.

Nearly every order would be different, so they would only cook them when they're ordered. I'd imagine Supermacs and McDonald's would have much more wastage than Dominos. Hopefully we'll get an employee on here to tell us all the specifics!

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Nearly every order would be different, so they would only cook them when they're ordered. I'd imagine Supermacs and McDonald's would have much more wastage than Dominos. Hopefully we'll get an employee on here to tell us all the specifics!

Aw yeah there'd be less wastage but even just pranks and that would be a few a night in each branch. If there's say 5 workers in the branch at closing time and 3 large pizzas I'm sure at least a couple of them wouldn't want the pizza. I'm assuming anyway because the people in the Dominos here are mainly not fat so they can't be eating Dominos 5 nights a week. :pac:

That amazes me actually, can't believe they'd pass that chance up. TBH at the very, very worst ya can usually get a coupla sides and cans thrown in with a large for nothing if ya ask. I tried to bluff Dominos once saying I'd some 2-for-1 vouchers, he asked for the expiry date and said they weren't accepting them. I asked what was the best he could do and it worked out at 11 a pizza when with my made up vouchers I would've paid 11.50 apiece. :pac: It was a party so he cost them 3 quid. :pac:
    I've about 20 vouchers for 50% off at Dominos valid til the middle of next year, be good to use them then when they think there are none around and I'm bull****ting :pac:

People paying full price for pizza is like paying fullprice for furniture or electronics only even worse. :pac:
    Think i seen over on bargain alerts one time,that if you just say that you have a coupon(mention discount) then you get it !! Delivery man shows up and dosnt even ask for the vouchers..........Go's into pizza biz with out a thought :pac:

That amazes me actually, can't believe they'd pass that chance up.

I guess it pays to be a nice customer who smiles and engages in chit chat. Either that or they must raise them very honest in whichever part of India the guy and his colleagues were from.

Think i seen over on bargain alerts one time,that if you just say that you have a coupon(mention discount) then you get it !! Delivery man shows up and dosnt even ask for the vouchers..........Go's into pizza biz with out a thought :pac:
    They ask maybe 1 in 10 times. Even then it's easy to fob them off.
    I guess it pays to be a nice customer who smiles and engages in chit chat. Either that or they must raise them very honest in whichever part of India the guy and his colleagues were from.
    An honest Indian!? :pac: Actually it's an Indian guy in 4 Star here, never have to even mention offers with him either.

• Advertisement

Aw yeah there'd be less wastage but even just pranks and that would be a few a night in each branch. If there's say 5 workers in the branch at closing time and 3 large pizzas I'm sure at least a couple of them wouldn't want the pizza. I'm assuming anyway because the people in the Dominos here are mainly not fat so they can't be eating Dominos 5 nights a week. :pac:

It would be interesting to find out where these 'prank pizzas' go. Homeless shelters? A skip out the back? Someone from Dominos needs to verify this!
    I'm assuming anyway because the people in the Dominos here are mainly not fat so they can't be eating Dominos 5 nights a week. :pac:

Unless they cook their pizzas with the 'reduced fat cheese? "yeah give me the reduced fat cheese, I'm on a diet.."

ColeTrain wrote: »

Unless they cook their pizzas with the 'reduced fat cheese? "yeah give me the reduced fat cheese, I'm on a diet.."

Thats' like those people who order a Big Mac with fries , go large and then ask for a Diet Coke

Thats' like those people who order a Big Mac with fries , go large and then ask for a Diet Coke
    Or people who walk while eating it "it's doing me no harm,it's doing me no harm":D
    Hate them people :P

Or people who walk while eating it "it's doing me no harm,it's doing me no harm":D
    Hate them people :P

Know the type, Their daily exercise is a 30 minute walk into town, only to get a doner kebab for the way home.

In fairness a large coke does have about 150% of your daily need of sugar, it's a massive difference, stupid as I may have felt the first time I said it having figured out just how bad it was. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Arianna_26

Pizza that you order is usually way better than the stuff you'd get in the supermarket, OP. You may be ordering from the wrong place.

In fairness a large coke does have about 150% of your daily need of sugar, it's a massive difference, stupid as I may have felt the first time I said it having figured out just how bad it was. :pac:

The 15 pints a lot of people have before going to McDonalds probably already pushed them over the sugar limit by a factor of a 1000 so what harms a coke gonna do :pac:

Arianna_26 wrote: »
    Pizza that you order is usually way better than the stuff you'd get in the supermarket, OP. You may be ordering from the wrong place.

Yeah thats the point of the thread. No way is any supermarket pizza better than a pizza from one of the established pizza chains.

However I did have the worst pizza of my life from a place on Stephens Street in Dublin. It smelled fantastic on the way home and we couldn't wait to tuck into it but ended up throwing it out. It turned out their pepperoni was some kind of fake spam which looked normal from a distance but tasted like filth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Arianna_26

Yeah thats the point of the thread. No way is any supermarket pizza better than a pizza from one of the established pizza chains.

However I did have the worst pizza of my life from a place on Stephens Street in Dublin. It smelled fantastic on the way home and we couldn't wait to tuck into it but ended up throwing it out. It turned out their pepperoni was some kind of fake spam which looked normal from a distance but tasted like filth.

Sounds awful, my commiserations.

• Advertisement

The 15 pints a lot of people have before going to McDonalds probably already pushed them over the sugar limit by a factor of a 1000 so what harms a coke gonna do :pac:

Ah yeah, sure 10-12 pints is enough calories for a day without any other food or drink. :pac:

Advertisement