Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nenagh Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

From The Irish Times - Monday, August 13, 2012

Finding Nenagh's gems with a little help from Twitter
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/features/2012/0813/1224322099376.html

Very positive stuff :)

And, by way of response to bawn79's post re business synergies, the following quote from the piece is an example, small scale though it may be:

"As we spoke, a man arrived with nine brown hen eggs in an aluminium pot to sell to the shop; a fusion of business models old and new."

I was a member of that business network and it's no longer running unfortunately.

A lot of the female business people are members of Network North Tipp which is a great initiative and running quite well, I hear.

I am a member of Derg Business Alliance which is held in Limerick but encompasses Limerick, Clare and Tipp. The group is 30 strong and in full swing. I've been trying to promote it to local businesses but many don't show an interest. Their loss, I suppose!

Thanks for that info.

I just searched for references to "Nenagh" and "business" which turned up those links, Here's links to the 2 you refer to, which do get coverage in the Nenagh Guardian:

Network North Tipp
    http://www.networknorthtipp.ie/

Derg Business Alliance
    http://www.dergbusinessalliance.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭bawn79

jprboy wrote: »
    From The Irish Times - Monday, August 13, 2012

Finding Nenagh's gems with a little help from Twitter
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/features/2012/0813/1224322099376.html

Very positive stuff :)

And, by way of response to bawn79's post re business synergies, the following quote from the piece is an example, small scale though it may be:

"As we spoke, a man arrived with nine brown hen eggs in an aluminium pot to sell to the shop; a fusion of business models old and new."

Nice little write up for the town. The area around the castle / courtyard and heritage centre is a nice a town centre as there is around. What really impresses me is the lack of anti-social behavior around that particular area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

can anybody tell me the best place to watch a Premier league game on the telly. will be in and around Nenagh on saturday

tankbarry wrote: »
    can anybody tell me the best place to watch a Premier league game on the telly. will be in and around Nenagh on saturday

Tank check the first page were there is a list of pubs in Nenagh. I'd personally recommend The Kenyon or The Hi-Bi for matches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭sam27

Are Inspectors calling to houses in Nenagh this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

sam27 wrote: »
    Are Inspectors calling to houses in Nenagh this week?

Inspectors of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭chris2008x

Septic tank thing. And the answer is no. Wont be until the end of the year I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Best place to get fire supplies around the town this late in the evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Ormond Keep is nice

Houses are lovely, the place is quiet

It's in behind the library, about 13 years old now.

Very close to town centre, less then 5 minute walk
    Perfect for stumbling home drunk! :D

Avoid Ormond Keep. Im in the process of leaving the estate. Theres a fierce rough element living there now. Our house was broken into and ransacked. Cant get out of there quick enough. I feel sorry for those left behind as we had some very nice neighbours

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Really?

Place must have gone downhill so.

I was there shortly after it was built and there were lovely people in there, mainly young workers and young families

There was even a GP who opened a surgury and worked from home.

The council hasn't done much building in a long while, maybe they are renting lots of houses for their list as the owners move on and go elsewhere
    (I'm not judging all people on the council list)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 october10

Hi new to Nenagh and pregnant. Just wondering does anyone have a name of good gp. Also just wondering does most people go to Limerick maternity. I have heard good things about portiuncula hospital too. Would love to hear opinions

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

october10 wrote: »
    Hi new to Nenagh and pregnant. Just wondering does anyone have a name of good gp. Also just wondering does most people go to Limerick maternity. I have heard good things about portiuncula hospital too. Would love to hear opinions

Thanks

You probably have this sorted by now, but on the off chance that you haven't.
    Dr Tom Hayes and Dr O O'Keeffe Flannan St (Beside boys national school),
    Or if you would prefer a female doctor there is a Dr Murnane located beside the Proctor and Gamble factory.

As regards your choice of hospital, most people from Nenagh area would use St Munchins Maternity hospital in Limerick. This is probably more to do with travel times than anything else.

Are there any pubs in Nenagh that sell German bottled beers? Or even better on draft. What it being the season of Oktoberfest you think it would be an easy way to get a few people in for a few pints.

I spotted a new alterations shop after opening on Mitchell St. There seems to be some works going on another old shop on the street as well. A new tattoo parlour opened on Mitchell St also. Seems to be a lot of regeneration along here.

bawn79 wrote: »
    I spotted a new alterations shop after opening on Mitchell St. There seems to be some works going on another old shop on the street as well. A new tattoo parlour opened on Mitchell St also. Seems to be a lot of regeneration along here.

I noted what looks like a "vintage" shop opening down the one way street at the back of Sheehans.
    Don't know anything else about it.

Are there any pubs in Nenagh that sell German bottled beers? Or even better on draft. What it being the season of Oktoberfest you think it would be an easy way to get a few people in for a few pints.

I saw a sign on the front of a country choice talking about a beer and cheese night in Una Powels this Thursday night. The beer is a craft beer if anyone is into that kind of thing.

New phone and laptop repair shop open on Kenyon street.

I also noticed that the ink refill place has moved from up near banba square to silver street.

New phone and laptop repair shop open on Kenyon street.

I also noticed that the ink refill place has moved from up near banba square to silver street.

Thanks.

Anyone used this ink refill place?
    Would you recommend it?

Thanks.

Anyone used this ink refill place?
    Would you recommend it?

Ya I've used it, refills in 10-15mins. Price seem about the norm. No probs at all with them.

• Advertisement

Chinese re-opening above the Zip Yard across from AIB on the 1st floor. Interesting, I would have thought there was enough Chinese restaurants in Nenagh but fair-play for them giving it a go anyhow and I hope it works out for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭irelandjoe

Anyone in Nenagh with Diesel Car break down in the last week ?

irelandjoe wrote: »
    Anyone in Nenagh with Diesel Car break down in the last week ?

Hi Joe,

I have heard of at least one person with an engine failure in the Nenagh area.

I have no idea if its yourself I heard about but this person is a businessman from the town.

If you have had a problems with your car I'm sure others may have had too, a small ad in the local paper or a phone call to garages in the area would be my choice of action if what I suspect you're referring to happened to me.

Hi Joe,

I have heard of at least one person with an engine failure in the Nenagh area.

I have no idea if its yourself I heard about but this person is a businessman from the town.

If you have had a problems with your car I'm sure others may have had too, a small ad in the local paper or a phone call to garages in the area would be my choice of action if what I suspect you're referring to happened to me.

Not business man in town but would like to get in contact with them. If you know or can find out will u pm me. Thanks

I'll find out if they want their name passed on to you.

I still think a small ad in the local paper or a few calls to local garages would give you a larger pool of people to speak with.

If what I suspect you're looking for this information for is correct, I'm sure you're not the only person in the area that has had this problem.

Thanks a lot. Want to know if there was anyone else impacted without naming the garage.

New Nenagh website:

http://www.nenagh.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

New Nenagh website:

http://www.nenagh.ie/

Very well done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Looks great

Just missing our pub guide :P

• Advertisement

Its a nice website, but I think if they want business people to advertise on it they should have their rates on it.

I've heard its €199 for a basic listing, the listings appear in alphabetical order so you could end up at the bottom of the listings depending on your business name.

You can pay a premium rate (unsure of how much this costs) to get a picture advert.

If you're going to pay €199 for an advert would it not make more sense to just have your own website and use other advertising to drive traffic to your website.

Fries.

Advertisement