Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Round 18 - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Options
  • 09-11-2011 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭

Penultimate race of the season this weekend in the Abu Dhabi dusk. I probably wont have time to get a preview written up so we might as well get the discussion under way!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Wake me up before Brazil. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

I'll do the weather forecast - 0% of rain.

Lets hope the race is better than last years. It cant be worse. Hopefully DRS will make a difference. It just goes to show though that you can spend millions upon millions on bling and glittery bits but if you dont have a good track you dont get a good race - Bahrain proved that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

would i be shot for saying i like this circuit!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

It just goes to show though that you can spend millions upon millions on bling and glittery bits but if you dont have a good track you dont get a good race - Bahrain proved that.

Ah now, it's a great track - provided they're racing GT1 or V8 Supercars. :pac:

It looks OK, just didn't work at all last year unfortunately. DRS etc. with those two stupidly long straights could be fun. Get Hamilton behind Schumacher and we'll have some fun. :pac:

Bit like India, track looked great, just didn't work even with the DRS etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,485 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I'm predicting another terrible race.

It's a crap track, that greeny blue run off annoys me too for some reason.

The onlly good thing about this race is that it's no longer the last one so the season doesn't end on a limp note this year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,485 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Ferrari's in trouble with their rear brakes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,817 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

would i be shot for saying i like this circuit!

Bang! Bang!

I wish they'd use the left-right bit before the left-right bit that they do use before turn 7, have a bit of a run into the braking point.

Just watching the FP2 replay, fcuking Vettel always manages to have his crash on Friday, sigh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

How in the hell does he always pull that little bit extra out of the bag when he needs it? Ridiculously good driving. Was hoping for a JB pole, almost nicked it but pipped by Lewis and then the usual from Vettel

Just for a second I actually thought Button was going to get it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Vettel on pole again, he always manages that little bit more. He's a great driver but it's getting a bit repetitive, the rest of them need to up their game!

I was hoping Jenson would stay on top, it would be nice to see him on pole for once.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭freestyla

aaronh007 wrote: »
    How in the hell does he always pull that little bit extra out of the bag when he needs it? Ridiculously good driving. Was hoping for a JB pole, almost nicked it but pipped by Lewis and then the usual from Vettel

Another 2nd position excitement tomorrow :(
    well Vettel is just superior in qualy no can do

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Really enjoyed Q3, good to have it close at the front. Really thought McLaren might hang on to pole but not to be. Interesting having Brundle and Couldtard talking about top drivers who might keep something in reserve for that final qualifying lap. And mentioning how it could be an effective way of not sharing data with a teammate by holding back a bit till it's needed

Really enjoyed Q3, good to have it close at the front. Really thought McLaren might hang on to pole but not to be. Interesting having Brundle and Couldtard talking about top drivers who might keep something in reserve for that final qualifying lap. And mentioning how it could be an effective way of not sharing data with a teammate by holding back a bit till it's needed

I still maintain Red Bull or at least Vettel have done something completely off-the-wall with the engine. Newey says it's "too peaky" while Renault and Torro Rosso dominate the speed traps. It had to be where their 1 second a lap advantage lies. Because they always have at least a second in hand when they need it and they rarely use it if they can avoid it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭freestyla

amacachi wrote: »

I still maintain Red Bull or at least Vettel have done something completely off-the-wall with the engine. Newey says it's "too peaky" while Renault and Torro Rosso dominate the speed traps. It had to be where their 1 second a lap advantage lies. Because they always have at least a second in hand when they need it and they rarely use it if they can avoid it.

What that peaky-1-second-thing could be, some certain engine part or even kers

• Registered Users Posts: 22,253 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Should be an exciting first few laps, will Lewis bump into Seb and Jensen get away ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Watching the GP 2 race its a silly track - almost impossible to keep inside the track limits if you are racing someone else. Drivers handing back places left,right and centre and if not getting hit with a fine of some sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

would be amazed if at least one of the McLarens isnt ahead of vettel by turn one

• Advertisement

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

His luck finally runs out... in the penultimate race of the season

Great first lap battle between the Mercs.

ugh **** you drs

Grim. wrote: »
    ugh **** you drs

Webber wouldn't have a prayer of getting past without it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Does anyone know where i can stream the race?

would imagine its on justintv

Why didn't Buemi just stay behind so he could get past on the second DRS instead?

Jesus this track just really doesn't work well at all.

• Advertisement

Maldonado should be black-flagged for that.

Advertisement