Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bidets...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

PlainP wrote: »
    Bidets, yay or nay?

Now I don't have one but I think that they are a very common occurrence now-a-days??

Have only ever used one once and this was in my rich aunts house a good few years ago now.

Everyone likes a clean bum but is it not just as acceptable to make sure you give yourself a good wipe?

I know a man who could have given this question the answer it deserves.

*sniff*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

listermint wrote: »
    Your doing it wrong. Wiping causes far more UTI's than Bidets ever will.

I'm doing what wrong??? :confused:
    If you mean using a bidet wrong - I've never used one.

No.
    Wiping incorrectly causes them.
    Douching also causes them
    Why are you getting so defensive over a sh1t washer??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Bidets are very inconvenient for pooing in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Confab wrote: »
    Bidets are very inconvenient for pooing in.

It's easy to poo in them. climbing out the window after is hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 fuzzbuzz

Did a massive puke in one in a hotel room in Spain years ago when I was hammered, nearly filled it. Forgot about it until next morning when I went into the bathroom..obviously thought it was the toliet at the time and was seeing double.

It had kind of solidified and there was no washing that stuff away without flooding the place...ah happy times..poor cleaner..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

PlainP wrote: »
    :confused: Why??

Whenever she sees threads about bidets she flies into a murderous rage. You have been warned.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

For those who have travelled in SE Asia there is another take on this: The Bum Gun, basically it is like a high pressure water hose (A bit like commercial kitchens have for washing up) next to the toilet and you just give yourself a hose off with it.

The first time I encountered a bidet was in Lanzarote nearly ten years ago when we were young and on a family holiday, and it was our first trip abroad, my father went to the toilet and said, theres even a handy little foot bath for washing your feet and my sister then exclaimed don't be stupid it's a drinking fountain, myself and my mother nearly wet ourselfs laughing at their ignorance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

Funglegunk wrote: »
    Whenever she sees threads about bidets she flies into a murderous rage. You have been warned.

Ok thanks ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Funglegunk wrote: »

What, she get frozen/scalded or somethin? Is this perhaps the origin of her user name?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,790 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I'm doing what wrong??? :confused:
    If you mean using a bidet wrong - I've never used one.

No.
    Wiping incorrectly causes them.
    Douching also causes them
    Why are you getting so defensive over a sh1t washer??

So wait, youve never used one but you claim they give UTI's of which you have experience of, but never used a bidet to get a UTI?

You are making no sense. Defensive? Nah just pointing out your misinformation.

• Advertisement

...wimmin....talking about their bodily malfunctions.....usually across ye. It's like work in this thread......

So wait, youve never used one but you claim they give UTI's of which you have experience of, but never used a bidet to get a UTI?

You are making no sense. Defensive? Nah just pointing out your misinformation.

No, what I said was that douching gives you uti's - which it does - ask your doctor, chemist, check books/online, whatever.....
    And bidets are essentially douching, no?

I can't see how they are any different than putting the shower head down there, or splashing water down there with your hands - both of which you are told not to do.

Misinformation - where is this misinformation? I have no idea what you are talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

There once was a poster in these parts who would have found this thread of particular interest.

My.... How times have changed...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,003 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Bidet or not bidet? That is the question.

Even Hamlet had problems cleaning his arse.

There once was a poster in these parts who would have found this thread of particular interest.

Had they confined themselves to talking about it, and been less busy throwing it around the place, they might still be here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭positron

The Japanese style toilets - I am definitely getting them if I ever save up enough to refurbish the bathrooms.

PS: It's called a washlet - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toilets_in_Japan#Japanese_bidets

positron wrote: »
    The Japanese style toilets - I am definitely getting them if I ever save up enough to refurbish the bathrooms.

PS: It's called a washlet - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toilets_in_Japan#Japanese_bidets

.....you mean the fancy things, presumably. Them hole in the floor jobs mixed with drunken irish people seem more a recipe for messy disaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

No, what I said was that douching gives you uti's - which it does - ask your doctor, chemist, check books/online, whatever.....
    And bidets are essentially douching, no?

I can't see how they are any different than putting the shower head down there, or splashing water down there with your hands - both of which you are told not to do.

Misinformation - where is this misinformation? I have no idea what you are talking about.

How could douching give you a UTI? what the **** are you douching?? :confused:

He's been banned, times haven't changed.

Nodin wrote: »
    Had they confined themselves to talking about it, and been less busy throwing it around the place, they might still be here.

Everyone has an arsehole buddy, just like their opinions, they can be fairly sh1tty sometimes. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

Always thought bidets were useless hateful things. Then we moved into a rental house that has one, I thought it would never be used. Fast forward to the 9th month of pregnancy and all associated bottom issues. Wonderful things, bidets.

• Advertisement

How could douching give you a UTI? what the **** are you douching?? :confused:

Apparently if you douche (I really hate that word btw!), bacteria goes up into your area and can cause infections.
    Seriously, google uti's and look at any of the sites where they tell you how to prevent them. They all say don't douche.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

He's been banned, times haven't changed.
    Again? Pretty sure he was posting last week.

Apparently if you douche (I really hate that word btw!), bacteria goes up into your area and can cause infections.
    Seriously, google uti's and look at any of the sites where they tell you how to prevent them. They all say don't douche.

I really can't see how.a douche is for either your vagina or recum,spraying water up to clean it out,so unless you're hanging upside down while doing it I can't see how you'd have a chance of getting a UTI from either.

Douching is not recommended anyway because of upsetting your natural bacteria

the_syco wrote: »

Hmmm maybe.hope not.

the_syco wrote: »

He got sitebanned yesterday. Permanently. A sad day.

I really can't see how.a douche is for either your vagina or recum,spraying water up to clean it out,so unless you're hanging upside down while doing it I can't see how you'd have a chance of getting a UTI from either.

Douching is not recommended anyway because of upsetting your natural bacteria

I don't know really.
    I just keep getting uti's (although that's from something else), so I tend to look up about them each time, and I have always seen the recommendation not to douche.
    I didn't make it up like - most doctors or websites will say the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,003 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I don't know really.
    I just keep getting uti's (although that's from something else), so I tend to look up about them each time, and I have always seen the recommendation not to douche.

Don't they recommend Brillo pads?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,790 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I don't know really.

Maybe its the local water......

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Don't they recommend Brillo pads?

Why yes, yes they do.
    Especially when used with white spirits.

Maybe its the local water......

What, local to the whole internet like?
    Yeah, maybe.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭ILikeBananas

I worked with a guy before who had relatives in Italy. He spent a summer in their house a few years ago and he said that they had a bidet which everyone in the family used. Initially, he was apprehensive about using it but once he learned the right "technique" he thought it was a great way to get clean. In fact he said that now he never feels quite clean after using toilet paper.

The analogy he used was "Imagine if you went out for a run and instead of showering afterwards you just dried yourself with some paper towels"

Advertisement