Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solution to Irelands problems-become part of the Uk.

Options
  • 09-11-2011 1:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭

Allow the British goverment to govern the entire island of Ireland.

The country will prosper financially and it will get us out of the single euro currency and into a stronger and more stable economy.

The Irish defence forces would have to be exempt from being deployed to the wars zone in the middle east when intergrated,they coud form their own unit with in the royal army.

Yes,it might seem drastic but the country is failing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Kaneda_ wrote: »

The country will prosper financially and it will get us out of the single euro currency and into a stronger and more stable economy.

The Irish defence forces would have to be exempt from being deployed to the wars zone in the middle east when intergrated,they coud form their own unit with in the royal army.

I THINK YOU'RE NEEDED IN THE POPPY THREAD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭FetchTheGin

The UK are in a dire state financially, add Ireland to the mix and you would have disaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭HLecter

Grabs popcorn.
    Awaits tit for tat rants.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

This thread has been done already hasn't it....?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

I think if England could dump Wales,Scotland and N.I outta the UK they would at this present moment.

They certainly don't want our problems.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭rounding tattenham Corner

there could be a lot of advantages to this idea, but not going to happen I think, due to the nationalist\republican types who will always shout the loudest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Paging the Beardy Beret Brigade, Beardy Beret Brigade to this thread IMMEDIATELY!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

there could be a lot of advantages to this idea, but not going to happen I think, due to the nationalist\republican types who will always shout the loudest

So if you don't want to be a part of the UK the a nationalist/republican?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Go away we don't want ye , can you image son of Bertie on Newsnight every week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

The last thing the UK want's or needs is for the Euro to go belly up .Taking Ireland under into it's bossom with all it's economic / bail out problems would be one bridge to far ...plus the Ra heads wouldn't like it .:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

The amount of Irish here at the moment; it's like County London!

I think it would generate even more problems than imagineable.

What are these advantages then?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

HLecter wrote: »
    Grabs popcorn.
    Awaits tit for tat rants.

* Removes popcorn from boardsie's hands and kicks them off the fence *

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Kaneda_

Well if the republican/ira/war/general british hate etc didnt exsist then it would be a very prosperous move.

Yes it would never happen but i wonder what would happen if the UK asked coud join our country and become part of our republic and be governed by Ireland if the republicans would be fore or against.

Yes i am aware there is -15% of this happening

You know there is a remote possibility of it happening if england,scotland etc wasn't a monarchy but rather a republic/republics and invited us.
    I reckon theres a tiny possibility Irish people could join some sort of voluntary federation, or be part of a commonwealth but only if they'd get rid of the monarchy.

Can any of the people that support this explain the advantages?

Otherwise this is another OP devoid of any education on the subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Evidence does suggest we appear to be incapable of ruling ourselves. But this I feel is more to do with the standard of Sleeveen bástard we repeatedly elect to the Dáil, rather than any lack of ability from the Irish people.

What are these advantages then?

well you would have to do a big weigh up advantages\disadvantages, things could be like Ireland joins uk and uk leaves e.u. and joins nafta, it develops its fishing industry to its true potential, total re-haul of the Irish farming industry put an end to subsidies and 30acre farms.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭conorhal

Uh, we gave this a serious try for several hundred years and it still didn't work out so well.
    Besides what argument can you make for this moves that wasn't made about joining the Euro and taking part in the 'Grand European Project'?

Since the whole euro debacle has also managed to shaft us quite badly, how about trying to stand on our own two feet for a while, sure we'll fall down a few times, but eventually we might actually learn to walk on our own. Posters like you remind me of anxious children spending their lives tied to one set of 'mammy's apron strings' or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Here OP, you need this link - http://www.aerlingus.com/home/index.jsp Good offers to several British Cities for you at the moment!

Britain does not want Ireland and her problems, if the EU could they would dump us, Greece and Portugal at the moment.

Also there would be The Troubles throughout 31 counties (Cork showed their allegiance in May ) against this as it took 800 years to get away from the féckers in the first place, ever think their may have been reason for that to begin with!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

The country will prosper financially

Why?

well you would have to do a big weigh up advantages\disadvantages, things could be like Ireland joins uk and uk leaves e.u. and joins nafta, it develops its fishing industry to its true potential, total re-haul of the Irish farming industry put an end to subsidies and 30acre farms.

Oh dear god...

Oh dear god...

brain dead reply

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

I wonder if the OP has ever been to the UK. It's a kip!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,339 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

So you want what you perceive are the benefits and prosperity of a stronger and more stable ecnomy.
    But are not willing to lend a hand in actually defending those benefits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Kaneda_

HLecter wrote: »

So funny because its true! I laughed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭twinytwo

Im sorry... i laugh at people like you. They have done enough damage to this country already. Seriously are you even irish???.... why not go live in england?

I wonder if the OP has ever been to the UK. It's a kip!

a lot of it is a kip, but a lot of it is very nice, Hampshire, Dorset are lovely places

• Advertisement

brain dead reply

Considering your post was full of grammatical errors, it wouldn't be the only one

Joining Nafta and a total re-hauling of the Irish farming industry while putting an end to subsidies and 30acre farms isn't going to magically resolve billions of euro of financial debt. So much fail in one little post.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement