Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Park & Family Guy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

To be honest, I've never even seen South Park.

I'm just bored.

Assuing you're serious...what? Not even the movie? Do yourself a favour and take a look at least...

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭FinnLizzy

South Park is one of the best satires there is. They're always up to date, because an episode is made in less than a week these days.

Unlike Family Guy, they can offend all sorts of crowds, instead of just being a mouthpiece for liberal douchiness. (Hahaha, they made fun of Fox News and conservatives, outrageous!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Using the word 'discus' after a short intro.

Discuss.
    Discuss.

Discuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

Wertz wrote: »
    Assuing you're serious...what? Not even the movie? Do yourself a favour and take a look at least...

No, not even the movie.

I'll give it a go sometime.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Jul3s

They're not funny.

Discuss.
    You're not funny.
    Discuss!.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

Jul3s wrote: »
    You're not funny.
    Discuss!.

Ouch!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

You should go watch it now, considering you're bored and making stupid posts :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Got to admit liking Family Guy the PTV episode, especially the Bin laden outtake piss take. Cannot find an English version of the clip, youtube is full of the Eastern European language version or else the English one is a crappy camcorder filming it from a laptop. Can anyone find a decent quality clip of the Bin Laden bit in English?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Randy Marsh is my idol and a great role model for any parents that want to know how to interact with their beloved childer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Me and my friend were actually discussing Family Guy earlier. There are literally about 3 good seasons out of ten, don't know how it's still going. South Park on the other hand is great - Clyde Frog ;_____;

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

The only South Park that I really enjoyed was the episode where the kids become cops after starting out playing cops and robbers,that one was pretty god damn funny!

Never liked Family Guy/Cleveland Show/American Dad etc.

The Life and Times of Tim is probably my favourite ever cartoon comedy show,closely followed by King Of The Hill

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭drumlover22

Although I really like both of them, you can see they are in decline. The writers of South park came out a few months ago and said they were bored with writing it IIRC, but they're contracted for another 2 seasons so they might just not be putting in the effort, although the BJ episode was great :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

noodler wrote: »
    South Park is actually getting better in my opinion as it goes on.

The new BJ episode last week was hilarious.

Wait, South Park's airing again. Thank you for making my day.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Slightly off topic for a second, I used to be able to watch South Park free online but can't find the site or any others for that matter. Anyone know of any?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

If you don't like southpark there's something wrong with you. Family Guy was funny for about 1 season.
    Lemmiwinks is a legend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

Slattsy wrote: »
    Slightly off topic for a second, I used to be able to watch South Park free online but can't find the site or any others for that matter. Anyone know of any?

not sure what the rules of boards say about giving such links out but its easily found in Google using your main words above as the search terms.

Corkfeen wrote: »
    Wait, South Park's airing again. Thank you for making my day.:D

4 episodes in...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

south park is still great, family guy has been pretty **** since season 3

neither of them compare to the comic genius of Archer though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

South Park is rubbish, was just ok when it started but got boring very quickly.
    Family had a longer run of descent episodes, but newer ones are pretty bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Dotrel wrote: »
    I love that scene. It immediately reminded me Of a few posters on boards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

South park= good
    American dad= watchable
    Family Guy = crock of shi*e

• Registered Users Posts: 14,114 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Seth McFarlane can go die in a fire for inflicting tonnes of ****e on people for nearly 10 years.

A hack of teh highest order.

As for South park, after so long the fact they can still churn out good quality episodes now and again is remarkable. Truly great satire you dont get anywhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

South Park's older episode are hilarious but, like any show on air for so long, the quality dipped. Went shìte for a few recent seasons with everything being EPIC, some sort of conspirarcy, at least one character saying "Oooooh my God!!, and the jokes being just predictable and unfunny.

The new season has been a bit better, though.

As for Family Guy, I watched the first season when the show first aired and thought it was pretty funny. Then it went completely shìt with it's endless 80's references, jokes that go on for 2 minutes too long, endless references to celebrities you supposedly forgot about and absolutely terrible musical numbers. Eurgh....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Family Guy and American Dad are both hit and miss a lot lately, Cleveland Show sucks donkey balls,The assburgers episode was fcuking great, coming from a guy with Aspergers I have not laughed as much at a South Park episode since Dances with Smurfs. When stan enters the room for the support group and they change into the Matrix cast still has me laughing. telling him it is not real and it is a cover for cynics and the only cure is a double Jameson in a tumbler glass was a bit hard to swallow but it was funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Randy Marsh is hilarious. I aspire to be more like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

South Park is actually getting better and better. Almost all of their portrayals of society today are accurate and hilarious, same goes for their depiction of public figures/celebrities.

Family Guy is OK, haven't seen any recent episodes to be honest but it definitely has its moments. The Simpsons, American Dad, Cleveland are all pure ****e, I wish they would just cancel them all already, especially The Simpsons..never has a show that was so good fallen so far from the top, wish they would put it out it's misery and stop ruining the legacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I like them and still watch them all, but I think they're all getting a bit too preachy, as in every episode has a message.

Typically they'll take a main topic and write an episode explaining their opinion on it.

I'm worried I'm getting to much of a one-sided "education" from it". I think its back to "PhoneShop" on 4oD for me!! :D

Oh joy Phoneshop back this week too, blood!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

OP likes fish sticks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement