Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hannibal [NBC/Sky Living] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Solid start, if maybe a little baggy in pacing.

'Memories are all I have' - that a nod to Silence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Have it downloading here now. Watch it later. Deadly.
    Delighted it's back.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Lecter saying "He was a flounder"....

I love his little quips when he puts the lovely plate in front of his diner. :)

***Winston***.......:(.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Just finished it there now. Love it.
    The fight with Morpheus was very good. And Gillian Anderson is a fine bit of stuff.

MJ23 wrote: »
    Just finished it there now. Love it.
    The fight with Morpheus was very good. And Gillian Anderson is a fine bit of stuff.

She might be Hannibal's nemesis yet!!

I wonder what he has on her?...

Must be something to do with her attacker....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

good podcast discussion with byran fuller about his writing career and how he mirrors the Harris books in the first 3 seasons http://www.nerdist.com/2014/02/nerdist-writers-panel-129-bryan-fuller/
    interesting they reveal that they fid out at the end of the season, cos its hard for us to believe they don't see it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Last week's 12 weeks earlier tease was fun. I presume little breadcrumbs will be dropped along the way now until Crawford twigs something's up.

Any idea what era the cages area from, or is it that they're just well-worn? Sometimes the forensic babble is the least interesting aspect of the show, mostly when they're in the lab, and then we had that Beethoven inflected seasoned shank montage! That, and how good Hannibal looks in a plastic suit. I'd like to see more of Cynthia Nixon's character - she seems interesting.

'Hello. Love your work'.

thats was gruesome, had to look away,how a medical forensic expert not tell that someone ripped themselves out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Anyone elses mouth watering during the cooking?

Ipso wrote: »
    Anyone elses mouth watering during the cooking?

There's always one....:D

• Advertisement

Very good second episode, loved the way Will is playing Hannibal...

Roll on the Court case!..

i've always wondered about the balance of freak of the week versus the main arc,in hannibal the serial killers are only there to serve the the main story which is unusual, bryan fuller expressed his motivation for making a story about somebody killing for the beatufy of our varied skin colours but we didn't really get the motivation from the killer.

Acting opposite Cynthia Nixon would probably suck the lifeblood out of most people.

Chilton is a slippery fecker. Defence lawyer was also good. The thing with the judge...sort of mixed feelings, almost like the show slipped into parody, but hey. Think the court room stuff was fine, enjoyed the music, as always.

would hannibal make up his mind

One for the squeamish-o-meter. There is something about the purity of honey. Bella Crawford's scene was pretty heartbreaking, really. The Hannibal/Chilton scene made for some good fireworks, methinks.

Memories and breadcrumbs starting to fall into place and then there was that inevitable ending.

Graham remembered an awful lot in this episode

this is a fantastic show, fantastic source characters to base it on, including Dr. Frederick Chilton

'we must stick together'

stupid move on katz's part but was the graham's fault he put her on that path

the preview explains some of what happened in the previous episode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

2.04 was ridiculously good. Fantastic ending scene, even by Hannibal standards.

It was rather Silence of the Lambs, wasn't it? Lone agent vs. killer, in his lair.

I'd love to know who is in the basement.....

That wasn't Bev who was deep breathing/panting down there!....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Abigail Hobbs? Never thought she was really dead.

• Advertisement

I agree.

I suppose poor Clarice could be another, Bev definitely saw something/one that horrified her.....

The suspense is killing me....:o

Well, the Bodies Exhibition was a bit of an inspiration for last night to say the least!

http://www1.rfi.fr/actuen/images/112/432-ourbody-1Y4Y1247.jpg

To say Alana is dense is an understatement...She'd better be taking care of Winston & Co!

Great episode..

The discovery scene was akin to a work of art, devastating, mind. And this is a network show.

AV Club linked to a blog post by Hettienne Park on some of the reaction she's had. They appear to be doing an interview a week now with Bryan Fuller, not so sure about the need for that, yet.

Will likes to dangle things in front of Chilton who also remains fun to watch. The score, again...

Next week - resurrection?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭poundapunnet

I hope so. That veal that Hannibal served immediately after she was last seen in his company had a whiff of red herring, and he was quite attached to her. Plus the character was great and had a long way to go in her relationship with will (regarding how involved she was with her father's crimes), not to mention how useful she could be because of all she knows about Hannibal.

At the same time though, it's a pretty crowded cast and plot for the rest of the season with two new significant characters to be introduced, so if she is alive I'd imagine it'd be a season-finale-reveal kind of thing.

If this programme gets cancelled I'm going to cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

The discovery scene was akin to a work of art, devastating, mind. And this is a network show.

AV Club linked to a blog post by Hettienne Park on some of the reaction she's had. They appear to be doing an interview a week now with Bryan Fuller, not so sure about the need for that, yet.

Will likes to dangle things in front of Chilton who also remains fun to watch. The score, again...

Next week - resurrection?

The reactions to that post are, to me, mind boggling. I never once considered the fact that Katz was asian. It just didn"t register. I just saw an actor. Some people should get over themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

What I find so great about Hannibal, is that they somehow manage to create so much tension in a show where we basically know what's going to happen because it's a prequel of sorts. They've just added so much clever turns to the cat and mouse games that are going on in it, and keep adding layers of complexity to Hannibal, without resorting to trying to make him more human. they just give him shifting motivations and his warped sense of friendship. Hannibal actually cares about Will, just not in the way a normal human does. Fantastic show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭poundapunnet

Heckler wrote: »
    The reactions to that post are, to me, mind boggling. I never once considered the fact that Katz was asian. It just didn"t register. I just saw an actor. Some people should get over themselves.

At a guess are you white? And male?

I agree there was a total overreaction, but at the same time try and count the number of female Asian actors in speaking roles on television or in films (in the west obviously). And then try and find five that aren't totally fetishised for being female and Asian. I can understand how people got very attached to her and were upset to see her bumped off.

I thought Park's article was good, and very balanced. And as she says herself in it if you haven't faced discrimination on a daily basis because of your gender and race, it's pretty easy to tell people to get over themselves.

But yeah, there was definitely some overreaction.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 Paracord

This has been bugging me since that scene but I have a theory that fits with the Japanese themed titles of the episodes. Its just a theory mind you but it would make sense. There is a practice in Japan called Ikizukuri. It's the practice of eating live fish. I have seen different variations of this where the entire fishes flank is removed and you are then shown the fish still swimming around minus a flank.

Why would Hannibal not honour GJH's and Abigails practice of not letting anything go to waste? He has a penchant for dispensing murder in ways apt to the victim.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,934 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I guess we should have seen it coming since none of the lab rats got that much screen time in the first season. They only gave one of them more lines to make their death seem to matter. Since Jack Crawfords wife is dying i guess that means Jack would be safe as the only remaining non-white!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

Bumping such a great show. Latest episode was fantastic. Spoilers ahead !! The build up to the Hannibal/Crawford show down is brilliant. Can"t wait. Just disappointed that I can't see how they can make such a good third series.

Advertisement